The poor Dexxer's down 'n dirty Wisp Resist Guide

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
The oOo

The poor Dexxer's down 'n dirty Wisp Resist Guide

Post by The oOo »

It ain't too pretty...and I use the term "guide" rather loosely here.

There are several very good guides out there about raising resist that are faster, and easier to accomplish. And they're also much more expensive,

They all seem to require an established gameplay setup though, multiple characters and/or accounts, etc...and a lot of gold [regs]...

This ain't one of those....this is a very simple CHEAP guide for using Wisps in a house, specifically for newer players [like me!] who don't have the ability or desire to follow the other guides...me, I'm just cheap I'll spend my first 50k on a small house rather than regs...Wisps are free!

*Note: Raising Resist to GM in this fashion does get very slow up above the 80's due to the ratio of damage required [# of Wisps casting] to the ability to heal that damage [solo healing]. A newbie character on a 2nd account with 50 Healing/49 Anat, positioned correctly and macroed to heal you, can help negate this somewhat [fail alot], and can be rather entertaining :)

*Note: you can do this inside the house with a couple tables and the mount, ducking out the door when needed, it's just easier doing it outside as shown. Wisps will break anything you try to block them in with, but, being non-aggressive by nature they won't attack blue creatures/humans, unless attacked. The mount, being blue, is able to block a wisp, even when attacked* No doubt there is a way to lockdown something inside to block their LOS...anybody?

The only real requirements are a house,, mount, or pet, GM Healing [or close to it!] and bandages. Oh...and 1 or more Wisps. :D

[cure/Heal pots are optional and speed the process up, but this is a CHEAP guide so...]

This guide does assume that your character has 100str and started with 50 resist or has worked it up there at this point. Mine was at about 63 when I started, using 3 Wisps.

Briefly, how it works...

Obviously, the mount blocks the Wisp from reaching you. 1 Wisp can cast across the door tile, as well as the tile next to the door [along the edge of the door]. Spot x2 is the 'sweet spot', Only use spot x3 when things slow down. With multiple Wisps you simply take damage too quickly on spot x3 to negate it, and you will drain the Wisps of mana, requiring a break.

On spot x2, with 3 Wisps, they will move in a constant circle, trading positions as they try to reach you. One will always be in the corner tile directly behind the house sign and unable to cast, so they regen mana while here then eventually cycle out to a casting tile again and another takes its place. At any given time you will only have 2 Wisps casting and 1 regen'ing Mana. I've never had them run out of Mana in this manner.

Keep in mind, due to debuffs, you will only be working with 91str most of the time.

It ain't pretty but it is cheap and effective...

Feel free to point out where i'm wrong, or lacking...this is just how I do it! Hope it helps someone :wink:

oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The poor Dexxer's down 'n dirty Wisp Resist Guide

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You can train imps as well :| In this fashion you can set up your gate spot with a blockade that breaks line of sight except directly in front of them easily.

That is if you can tame imps or if you know anyone who can. Imps are more abundant then wisps anyway . A well trained Imp army is a sight to behold. Tamers can control more of them then dragons. Alongside an Eval Tamer they are quite a force to be reckoned with.

PS- you can also get healers inside your house as well
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Markus

Post by Markus »

Haha! Oddly enough, when I started this game (and was extremely poor) I had a similar idea to use wisps to raise my resist. I should probably mention that the macro I am about to divulge was using only one character, that is, the character I was raising resist on. I had a 2nd character who could use the enticement skill lure the wisp into my small. Here's how I did the resist part of it:

I had a row of tables locked down to keep the wisp from reaching my character. All I did was target the wisp and then run a macro that attacked last target. For healing I included in the macro "if hits less than 70" or something like that, execute bandage self. Note: if you don't use the bandage self function in Razor and instead do dbl click bandages target self, it might ruin your attack last target when it loops -- not sure. Anyway, after starting to bandage myself, I would toggle war/peace, pause 0.5 seconds, toggle war/peace, pause 0.5 seconds, execute hiding. I think I also had some kind of check (an if statement) to make sure I was hidden (occasionally if the wisp cast during the half second pause, hiding would fail). I then inserted a pause to remain hidden the rest of the time I was healing (15 seconds or whatever), then had my character say something to reveal himself. From there it would loop back around to the attack last target. It's been a while, but looked something like this:

if hits > 90 (or whatever you are comfortable with)
Attack last target
end if
if hits < 70
exc: bandage self
toggle war/peace
pause 0.5 sec
toggle war/peace
pause 0.5 sec
exc: hiding
pause 1 sec
if sysmessage "right now"
toggle war/peace
pause 0.5 sec
toggle war/peace
pause 0.5 sec
exc: hiding
end if
pause 15 seconds
say: hi

I know, this is far from perfect, but again, we are talking cheap here. I suppose if you wanted to be even cheaper you could have some kind of restock agent from a nearby bag with your bandages, but I could never get the restock agent to work outside of my bank box. Also, some of the pauses could probably be shortened, but in any case this macro worked pretty well for me up until about 75 or 80 resist. I only used one wisp, so it's definitely slower than the proposed idea in the original post. Just thought I would share what I did. There are definitely better ways out there, but again, this is cheap.

Edit: I added a check for hits in the first part of the macro -- that way you will not automatically loop to attack if your bandage only healed poison and you're practically dead. There are definitely other ways to do this too.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

An even cheaper method with far less set up is to go do Destard on a character whose resist you want to train. Drag 3,4, 5 dragons to the shrine, along with water elementals.

Keep them all blocked outside the res area by the natural walls, run a script that does this:

Click Ankh
Select Res option
Loop 10
Target Random grey
attack last target
end loop

Then just sit and take damage for however long you feel like doing it :)

You could do something similar with wisps at an outdoor shrine, I'm guessing.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Elk Eater wrote:An even cheaper method with far less set up is to go do Destard on a character whose resist you want to train. Drag 3,4, 5 dragons to the shrine, along with water elementals.

Keep them all blocked outside the res area by the natural walls, run a script that does this:

Click Ankh
Select Res option
Loop 10
Target Random grey
attack last target
end loop

Then just sit and take damage for however long you feel like doing it :)

You could do something similar with wisps at an outdoor shrine, I'm guessing.
I like it! With the wisps & house method the gains really slow down above 85ish...your method sounds like a great, inexpensive finisher for GM'ing Resist quickly...I'll have to test it out and report back when I get the time. Great add Elk! TY

I should add that, after some research I tried using npc mages hired in Wind, gated about 6-7 of them home [2 story] and ran the same "wisp" routine but with the mages....

Conclusion: Above 80, the npc mages just don't cast high enough spells often enough, or have the mana pool to make it a viable alternative to using wisps. Worse, occasionally they would start attacking/killing each other randomly for some odd reason...guild war maybe? :D At any rate I got almost zero gains during the same time frame I would've gotten perhaps .5-1.0 gains using 3-4 wisps...
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Good guide.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Felix has been very very likeable lately wtf :? :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Li Meiyang is also Wisp Resisted, which is more powerful than self-resisted.

So watch out@!

Or whatever.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I respect ingenuity in this game. Roadkill showed me this a while back.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

There are waters that are inside Guard zones. Entice the wisps unto a ship while aboard another to gain. They probably would work better then other creatures, those things are pure magic. Only downside is you seriously need to hunt for them and they tend to be solitary creatures.

Return to “Guides”