Thanksgiving 2013

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Thanksgiving 2013

Post by GuardianKnight »

Cranberry sauce, bowl of peas, bowl of corn, chicken breasts.

Not a bad haul.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Volga

Post by Volga »

Have been running around for hours and can't find one anywhere. Checked Cove entrance and Yew Liches area (multiple times)

Any hints? :)
[13:37] <volga> ban escoo imo
[13:37] * Anarcho sets mode: +b escoo!*18cfc6e3@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.207.198.227

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Volga wrote:Have been running around for hours and can't find one anywhere. Checked Cove entrance and Yew Liches area (multiple times)

Any hints? :)
They are random spawns. A lot of people have been out hunting them too. It really helps if you have high level tracking, but even then it is challenging. These turkeys do not want to be caught.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Seems like they shut off the spawn today - found about 10 last night (2 were corpses because I got there late)

So far haven't even seen a corpse today and was running around for over 2 hours. Multiple places with GM tracker and checking most islands too.

Are they spawning in T2A?

Lord Mammoth

Post by Lord Mammoth »

They are still spawning and will spawn for the week. They do not spawn in the Lost Lands.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mammoth
Lord Mammoth

Volga

Post by Volga »

Lord Mammoth wrote:They are still spawning and will spawn for the week. They do not spawn in the Lost Lands.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mammoth
Thank you Lord Mammoth! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :)
[13:37] <volga> ban escoo imo
[13:37] * Anarcho sets mode: +b escoo!*18cfc6e3@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.207.198.227

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

I just ran around the whole continent up back and sideways with nary a turkey in sight.

And I have tracking. So chalk it up to crap luck I guess.

Earlier today I knabbed two near britain without even trying, so I don't know why they dried up now. I only saw maybe one other player running around possibly turkey hunting.

The two I got nearby Britian went down in three shots from a power bow. There was no lost karma message, nor was there any gold. For loot there was one magic weapon on each, one had a broadsword of ruin, another a halberd of ruin. Upon being carved both yielded 25 feathers and 2 raw birds each -as well as "turkey giblets" from one and "cranberry sauce" from the other. So remember to carve them or you won't get that stuff.

Will try my luck again tomorrow.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Li Meiyang wrote:I just ran around the whole continent up back and sideways with nary a turkey in sight.

And I have tracking. So chalk it up to crap luck I guess.

Earlier today I knabbed two near britain without even trying, so I don't know why they dried up now. I only saw maybe one other player running around possibly turkey hunting.

The two I got nearby Britian went down in three shots from a power bow. There was no lost karma message, nor was there any gold. For loot there was one magic weapon on each, one had a broadsword of ruin, another a halberd of ruin. Upon being carved both yielded 25 feathers and 2 raw birds each -as well as "turkey giblets" from one and "cranberry sauce" from the other. So remember to carve them or you won't get that stuff.

Will try my luck again tomorrow.

Well.... we all know how powerfull your power bow is!

The Gem Encrusted Turkeys yield some good shtuff, but man they yield some powerfull magic - FS'ing like crazy! Good Times!!!

Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Excretious »

I found a gem encrusted turkey while i was Tmapping. I hit it with a couple ev scrolls and looted a supremely accurate black staff of vanq lol. Also had almost 2k in gold.

I then decided to run around and try to find more but all i found was a regular turkey that had a couple bowls corn and a ruin war mace.

Been running around for over an hour and cant find another one.

But yea, theyre fast and they hit hard!

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

i ran around using tracking for over hour and half and didnt find 1 today. walked and tracked from cove to vesper to covetous to yew then all around brit and nothing :( found few yesterday tho

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

The Gods wrote:i ran around using tracking for over hour and half and didnt find 1 today. walked and tracked from cove to vesper to covetous to yew then all around brit and nothing :( found few yesterday tho

Yeah same here.... again. Running around for a couple hours only to find more jack squat. Same as last night.

Really takes the thanks out of Thanksgiving -also the giving :(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy »

I found two in about 20 minutes of running around this morning. The gem encrusted turkeys are tough (at least for me), aggressive, and cannot be provoked. Got a bunch of gold, gems, and a silver power mace. The regular turkeys are like other animals, except I lost a lot of karma from killing it. Got a magic sword and a pilgrim hat.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Man, you weren't kidding about those gem-encrusted turkeys.

If you suffer from the lag monster like I do, stear clear of these. They're imbalanced to the extreme. I was just shopping around Yew moongate when one of these came upon me. I managed to flee for about two screens before I was fried, couldn't get a recall off, nothing. Cuz he could move faster than my horse at full gallop, attacking my ass at fkn light speed. Then no sooner had I died, he cast three flamestrikes on my horse in a matter of seconds. Whooof/whoof/whoof!

They were so close together that it looked like the second two went off even after my horse was dead.

I've got resist too, but it didn't make any difference. I was just insta-toast.

Kinda sucks to have something that insanely overpowered running around at random in the countryside. Just gotten my fame up to GL too :(

Might take a break from UO after this. So sucky.

Also I never attacked it, these things are aggressive. Based on that I think it's wrong that ppl should take karma loss for killing one.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

You're gonna rage quit over being killed by a frenzied turkey? lol

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Li Meiyang wrote:Kinda sucks to have something that insanely overpowered running around at random in the countryside. Just gotten my fame up to GL too :(

Might take a break from UO after this. So sucky.
You're kidding, right?