Thanksgiving 2013

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Ozzy

Re: Thanksgiving 2013

Post by Ozzy »

Li Meiyang wrote: Yeah same here.... again. Running around for a couple hours only to find more jack squat. Same as last night.

Really takes the thanks out of Thanksgiving -also the giving :(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Well, you got what you asked for I guess. Sucks that the gem encrusted one took you down, but you were looking for them.

Thanks to the GMs for adding a little bit of spice. I am by no means good at this game, but I like that there's a bit of added danger (for me, a wallop of danger) walking around the countryside.

Oh, and the karma loss only came from killing the regular, non-aggressive turkeys.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

Ozzy wrote:
Well, you got what you asked for I guess. Sucks that the gem encrusted one took you down, but you were looking for them.
Not at that time. At that time I was moongate shopping around Yew, took me totally by surprise.

Overpowered and imbalanced IMO. Especially for something roaming the countryside.

Those with lag issues would understand.... I play from overseas and didn't stand a frkn chance.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Li Meiyang wrote:
Ozzy wrote:
Not at that time. At that time I was moongate shopping around Yew, took me totally by surprise.

Overpowered and imbalanced IMO. Especially for something roaming the countryside.

Those with lag issues would understand.... I play from overseas and didn't stand a frkn chance.
Sorry for your loss.

Li Meiyang

Post by Li Meiyang »

azheman wrote:
Sorry for your loss.
Me too :(

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Is it still there!? I love these little bastards! They are some tuff em effin turkleys! They have 99999999 mana too! RAAAAWR!

Edited to include: Please oh please great GM's - - - can we turn the spawn up a few tiny notches? Thanks!

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

just keep casting reflect after an EV on the gem encrusted ones... they do flamestrike a lot and the magic reflection costs much less than a flame strike
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

k1w1uk

Post by k1w1uk »

these are aggressive but fun, not sure why they have 99999 Mana tho,
I was running from Minoc Moongate to Vesper yesterday and ran into two of them

I have never been hit by soo many flamestrikes so fast dead b4 i knew it , but still fun, now i want revenge on them.

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

Yeah the gms did an excellent job of spreading them out in the world. They are literally everywhere, even on isles. I ping 700 min and 2000+ max atm but was still able to bag quite a few of them with well placed ev and bs. Im proud to announce I've collected every turkey item known, even a heart. It was lots a fun and ty gms for a sweet thanksgiving year.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Another peculiar thing about these birds.

You can get the items that people have posted previously, but after you slice em up, can get either a turkey liver, or a liver, and also turkey breast, or turkey giblets, and have seen reports of getting turkey entrails.

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

If you can lure them to town their FS one does 1 point of dmg!
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

Blaine

Post by Blaine »

What do Dragons like to eat on Thanksgiving???? You guessed it, Giant Turkey! We found the giant turkey this morning in the Bloody Plains which put up a good fight....that is until about 20 Dragons showed up to dinner. It was surrounded by TONS of harpys. Once it was killed it spawned a large flock of chickens. haha Good times!

Here is a poor screen shot I was able to take during the battle. You can almost make out the pinkish colored feathers of the Giant Turkey above Ecaj's mares head.
Attachments
turkey2.jpg

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

What was the loot like?

How many of you have been finding a pigskin ball? Haven't seen one yet.

btw.... thanks to the GM's for the Thanksgiving Dinner today - nice surprise!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Could someone PLEASE pass the yams?

Vix

Post by Vix »

Li Meiyang wrote:Man, you weren't kidding about those gem-encrusted turkeys.

If you suffer from the lag monster like I do, stear clear of these. They're imbalanced to the extreme. I was just shopping around Yew moongate when one of these came upon me. I managed to flee for about two screens before I was fried, couldn't get a recall off, nothing. Cuz he could move faster than my horse at full gallop, attacking my ass at fkn light speed. Then no sooner had I died, he cast three flamestrikes on my horse in a matter of seconds. Whooof/whoof/whoof!

They were so close together that it looked like the second two went off even after my horse was dead.

I've got resist too, but it didn't make any difference. I was just insta-toast.

Kinda sucks to have something that insanely overpowered running around at random in the countryside. Just gotten my fame up to GL too :(

Might take a break from UO after this. So sucky.

Also I never attacked it, these things are aggressive. Based on that I think it's wrong that ppl should take karma loss for killing one.

I get the impression you're a perpetual glass half empty type of person. Feel free to not participate. It's perfectly fine. No really, I insist.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Staff has put a good amount of effort into this. We are lucky to have active staff to do things like this for everyone.
Just enjoy the show and be thankful.

I got to kill my first GIANT TURKEY! we were all grey from healing EVr's and no one came at the other person. We worked our butts off to kill that thing.

TOtal strangers, ignoring the vulnerabilities of the other, to come together and take down a massive super turkey that spit poison. That is holiday spirit on UOSA if I have ever seen it!

When it was time to loot...we still had a couple grey. No one even cared.

Happy Holidays!