Apocalypse's Treasure Map Validation Service

Buying/Selling Everything Else

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Apocalypse

Apocalypse's Treasure Map Validation Service

Post by Apocalypse »

Introducing Apocalypse's Treasure Map Validation Service!

Do you have a bunch of treasure maps that you don't know the level of?
Looted a chest of maps from an IDOC and want to know if you just hit the jackpot?
Looking to sell a bunch of treasure maps but buyers are afraid of getting all level 1 maps?

Look no further! Apocalypse's Treasure Map Validation Service is here to help! I can personally guarantee the level of any tattered treasure map with
100% accuracy.

How it works:

I have characters with the minimum level of cartography needed to decode each level of map. Through a simple process of elimination, I will be able to tell you exactly what level your tattered treasure maps are.

Fine Print:

Max. of 100 maps validated at one time.
All maps will be given to me and put in a secure container so no thievery can take place
Maps will only be considered validated while in my presence.

If I am to broker a sale between two parties
Both parties must be present during the time of validation.

"By chance" decoded maps:

In the event that I accidentally decode a map on the first try, the map owner will have one of two options.

Option1 - I will purchase them in accordance with the following:
Level 2 - 2k
Level 3 - 4k
Level 4 - 6k
Option2 - I will replace decoded map with same level map from my personal stockpile.
These options only apply to level 2 and up, any level 1 map that is accidentally decoded will be thrown out

Fees:
200 gold per level per map decoded
Minimum Fee = 5k

Scheduling:
I am a busy guy IRL and am not often available at a moment's notice. Please PM me for any requests for this service and we will work out a time to connect. Your patience is appreciated!
:D
Last edited by Apocalypse on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bixby Legbone

Re: Apocalypse's Treasure Map Validation Service

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Nice service!

Dyne

Post by Dyne »

Apoc, i thought about building the 4 cartos myself to do this but haven't had the time. I was gonna charge similar pricing to what you have advertised. Perfect service. I will be the first customer. But before you take on anyone else, be warned i have over 1000 maps that need decoded. Let me know when you are available.

I may even have closer to 2k maps that need decoded, you can PM or IRC me to arrange pickup. I will just drop all the maps off to you and you can drop them off and receive payment when finished.

a swallow

Post by a swallow »

I would like to 2nd this, I have @ 1000 myself. Just let me know when your available.
[quote="Teriyl"] So wait, you're mad at swallow for stealing shit out of your castle that you mistakenly left unlocked? He's not my favorite person on the server, but damn Dyne, you can only be mad at yourself for that.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

LOL! Alright guys, I guess since this service hasn't been available since Kelekta left, I'll take big orders for first timers. For big orders, I'll have to take one at a time as I think I'll set up a small to make it happen and I don't want to take a chance at mixing up your maps. I'll contact you in the order you posted.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Better buy a seat cushion for that cartographer's office of yours. I'll need the service sometime also, but I'll wait till you have alittle less work in your inbox. :)
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Dyne

Post by Dyne »

Apocalypse is finished with my maps. It took him less than a day and I finished with a grand total of:

270 level 1 maps @ 200gp per = 54,000 gp
85 level 2 maps @ 400gp per = 34,000 gp
195 level 3 maps @ 600gp per = 117,000 gp
139 level 4 maps @ 800gp per = 111,200 gp
48 level 5 maps @ 1,000gp per = 48,000 gp

360k isn't bad at all considering i have over 1 million just in level 5s. Easily make the money back selling the 1s and 2s and some of the 3s and I will keep the 4s and 5s for myself.

A+++++ Service, HIGHLY recommended for anyone looking to validate their maps. I can't stress this enough, everyone should use this service and sell the maps they aren't gonna do.

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

Dyne wrote:Apoc, i thought about building the 4 cartos myself to do this but haven't had the time.
You don't need 4 cartos to do this, just one with 90.1+... unless you need it done in one day for some reason.

Also, Apocalypse, how exactly do you "accidentally decode" a level 5?

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Nathaniel I think you either misunderstand what this service is or cartography in general. I'll explain later when I get a few mins.

Nathaniel

Post by Nathaniel »

How to sort maps with one cartographer:

Organize the maps neatly in containers so that you can keep track of them. After last save, buy a skill to lower your cartography, but keep it high enough to decode level 4 maps. Quickly go through all of your maps and write down which are 5s. I use shorthand... 3-2-4 means pouch 3, row 2 column 4. After the server restarts, remove the 5s from your bag. The next day you repeat the process, but you buy your skill down so that you can decode 3s but not 4s. All of your maps are sorted in 3 days.You can do multiple batches at once that are at different stages in the sorting process, but remember to do the highest level first. If you want to use 2 character slots, then you can modify this slightly to get through all of your maps in one day, but with a very small chance of accidentally decoding 2s/3s. Sort out the 2s first, then the 5s, then after the restart you seperate the 3s from the remaining 4s.

---

Your OP says you purchase level 5 maps that are decoded on the first try, but this should never happen since you shouldn't ever be using a character to sort that has sufficient skill to decode level 5 maps.

Excretious
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Excretious »

Impressive Nathanial but Apoc's setup is nice cause he doesnt have to cram his work in a fifteen minute window which here in the States for me is around 6 in the morning.

I like you guys and all but no way would I feel like decoding 1000 maps at six in the morning spread over 3 days. Apocs method seems more professional and can be done at anytime of day. He is offering a 'service' here...

That being said, I to was wondering how you could do this with one carto at 90 skill and you showed me something I didnt know. :)

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Excretious wrote:I to was wondering how you could do this with one carto at 90 skill and you showed me something I didnt know. :)
I agree. Thanks, Nathaniel, for explaining this. I was wondering as well. However, I agree with Excretious that cramming this into a 15 minute window, and with it taking at least 3 days to complete is a bit restrictive. And I live on the west coast of the US so server reset is at 4am for me. Not too appealing to get up that early to do that. :)

Also, like you said, you'd have to have your maps organized well and have a way to keep track of which ones were lower levels and which were "too difficult to decode" since there would be no point to organizing them into different bags because, when the server restarts, they will be back to where they were before last save. Your short hand method seems like a good option but, for me, that's far too cumbersome.

And you're right about the level 5 maps. I really have no need to include a purchase price for "chance decoded" level 5 maps, as my gm cartographer will never be used, thus I'll never accidentally decode a level 5. I'll make that edit in my OP.

Thanks!

a swallow

Post by a swallow »

Hey apoc. sorry for the wait but lets try and meet up this afternoon, if not then, then this weekend if im not working.....
[quote="Teriyl"] So wait, you're mad at swallow for stealing shit out of your castle that you mistakenly left unlocked? He's not my favorite person on the server, but damn Dyne, you can only be mad at yourself for that.

Mcreedy
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mcreedy »

Apocalypse decoded a little over 100 T-maps for me today.
It was fast and professional.
I definitely recommend his service and will use it again. Thanks again Apocalypse
Great Lakes '97 to '08

a swallow

Post by a swallow »

Thanks Apoc for decoding all my T Maps!! He decoded 581 in only a couple of hours!! Great price and will use you again when the time comes!! +1