Richard Garriott stopped by his Castle in BRIT!

Topics related to Second Age
Magnus

Re: Richard Garriot stopped by his Castle in BRIT!

Post by Magnus »

FAWKING EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

keelonzo wrote:Hopefully we'll get some of the screenshots up on the front page of our website - couldn't ask for better publicity.

Does anyone have any ties to any "gamer blogs"? Maybe do a write up of the story with some links to UOSA????
Working on that. Unfortunately the patch note trumped this thread in the rss feed. I'll have to add some content manually.
Would anyone like to write up a short press release style article about it?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Derrick wrote:
keelonzo wrote:Hopefully we'll get some of the screenshots up on the front page of our website - couldn't ask for better publicity.

Does anyone have any ties to any "gamer blogs"? Maybe do a write up of the story with some links to UOSA????
Working on that. Unfortunately the patch note trumped this thread in the rss feed. I'll have to add some content manually.
Would anyone like to write up a short press release style article about it?

Bixby Legbone
UO Second Age

1/17/2014

Ultima Online Creator Richard Garriott Visits UOSA.
Lord British vows to return to UOSA for Q&A.

Lord British's Castle, UOSA: Shortly after 11p.m. the creator of Ultima Online, Richard Garriott, made an unannounced return as Lord British. A shard-wide message was sent to players informing of his presence in the throne room of his castle. For a time, players were able to meet and greet with Lord British. Players quickly packed the throne room, as they gathered for their chance to see what Lord British had to say. Some of the more nefarious attendees attempted to assassinate Lord British with a trapped pouch, others tossed explosion potions wantonly killing other players. Before leaving, Richard Garriott promised to make another appearance on UOSA for a Question and Answer session.

"What new of Britannia these many seasons I have been gone?" - Richard Garriott

Lord British stated he loved to see the ostards brought by players, having never before seen one. He interacted with his subjects, asking whom amongst them has played Ultima Online the longest. Lord British also indicated that Lord Blackthorne may make an appearance at another time. Lord British cited GameMaster Mammoth for the invitation to come to Second Age.

"Founded in 2007, Second Age has established itself as the preeminent T2A era free shard in operation. We have a stable and diverse base of players dedicated to enriching all aspects of this online world, and a professional staff dedicated to non-interference in the game." http://www.uosecondage.com/

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

nice, i like it, you might put a timezone abbreviation at the end of your 11pm.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nice, thanks. Adding to main website.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Unfortunately I was a little star struck and missed quite a few opportunities for screen shots, particularly when he had just logged on. Garriott informed me that it had been 5-10 years since he had logged into UO!

Lord British calls out the fake!

Lord British wanted to take the nightmare a kind soul had lent him for a test drive.

LiquidFire

Post by LiquidFire »

What are the rocks on either side of the throne, map, and stalagmite looking thing all about, i dont remember seeing those there.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

I'm pretty sure everyone was a little star stuck Anarcho!!

LiquidFire

Re: Richard Garriott stopped by his Castle in BRIT!

Post by LiquidFire »

Ya it was kind of a shock, this guy that we are training at work happens to be into these games too, which is odd, dont run into many gamers in the construction industry and hes been talking about Richard Garriott alot lately and a new game he is putting out, i have not had time to look it up, but in a nutshell, when i saw GK in IRC saying he was at brit castle, it blew my mind, a guy i havnt talked about in years just so happens to pop up in a game i play a few days later.

You dont think he is trying to steal players from here to check out his new game do ya?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

LiquidFire wrote:Ya it was kind of a shock, this guy that we are training at work happens to be into these games too, which is odd, dont run into many gamers in the construction industry and hes been talking about Richard Garriott alot lately and a new game he is putting out, i have not had time to look it up, but in a nutshell, when i saw GK in IRC saying he was at brit castle, it blew my mind, a guy i havnt talked about in years just so happens to pop up in a game i play a few days later.

You dont think he is trying to steal players from here to check out his new game do ya?
I dont know if he's trying to steal players. But what better way to reach the player actually gaming.
Not to mention we are ALL is kids to a degree.

I think its freaking epic!!

Did he even log in on OSI servers, except for the 1st week of UO. I remember a story of him
getting killed in the throne room or something to that effect.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Orion GM B^D wrote:Did he even log in on OSI servers, except for the 1st week of UO. I remember a story of him
He was hanging out on that little bridge area over the runway from Brit bank to Brit GY and not understanding the game mechanics himself didn't put on invulnerability. Thus, like 10 kids from flamestriked him and he ragequit.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Capitalist wrote:
Orion GM B^D wrote:Did he even log in on OSI servers, except for the 1st week of UO. I remember a story of him
He was hanging out on that little bridge area over the runway from Brit bank to Brit GY and not understanding the game mechanics himself didn't put on invulnerability. Thus, like 10 kids from flamestriked him and he ragequit.
Yes that was it!

Thanks Vega

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
Yes that was it!

Thanks Vega

This article is actually what got me interested in seeking out a freeshard for the nostalgia, and ultimately finding UOSA

http://lorehound.com/news/top-5-most-me ... g-history/

There was also a panel interview about UO I am unable to dig up at the moment - had all of the developers reminiscing over their early experiences with the game/genre and this incident was explained with some anecdotes... pretty cool.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

keelonzo wrote:
Orion GM B^D wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
Yes that was it!

Thanks Vega

This article is actually what got me interested in seeking out a freeshard for the nostalgia, and ultimately finding UOSA

http://lorehound.com/news/top-5-most-me ... g-history/

There was also a panel interview about UO I am unable to dig up at the moment - had all of the developers reminiscing over their early experiences with the game/genre and this incident was explained with some anecdotes... pretty cool.
Thanks keelonzo.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

LiquidFire wrote: You dont think he is trying to steal players from here to check out his new game do ya?
Actually if he was smart and I think it maybe already the case, if in fact he was not always behind this in some way...that he probably has involved the staff here in a few things already if nothing more then discussion.

Actually I had always thought maybe Derrick was always secretly Garriott... but I am a conspiracy theorist lol