Strange Bug stops me from moving in one direction (N,S,E,W)

wrathofjo

Strange Bug stops me from moving in one direction (N,S,E,W)

Post by wrathofjo »

So, this has happened a couple of times now. I have no idea what may be causing it, but there are times where my client will not let me run in one direction. So far it has been exactly North and exactly West. I can run in any other direction fine but as soon as I turn in the problem direction I stop. If I relog it works fine and if I recall somewhere that seems to fix it too. Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing that might cause this?

Pirul

Re: Strange Bug stops me from moving in one direction (N,S,E

Post by Pirul »

You're not "doing" anything. It's called desynching. Your character in your client is in a different tile than your character in the server.

You should have a preset key in razor to "resynch" which I think is CTRL+r, and of course you can change that. Also, teleport, recall and some other spells fix it. I personally find it easier to just hit CTRL+r.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

Thanks, Pirul!

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Or open your paperdoll when this happens (ctrl+P is the default). Should fix it.

DavidPaluch

Post by DavidPaluch »

This is a game breaking issue, especially in PvP so what can be done to solve the problem. New client. Updated engine? I think this should seriously be looked at and not have to be "fixed" by resynching. This is not era accurate.

Afroshacks

Post by Afroshacks »

I've had this happen quite often as well. Not a big deal during pve but during PvP or when trying to make a break it sucks. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.
The older the Bull, the Stiffer the horn...

IRC: Afroshacks