WTB bulk blank maps

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

SumYungGi

WTB bulk blank maps

Post by SumYungGi »

Looking for blank maps in bulk, message me if you have what i'm looking for.

Orion GM B^D

Re: WTB bulk blank maps

Post by Orion GM B^D »

SumYungGi wrote:Looking for blank maps in bulk, message me if you have what i'm looking for.
I'll bet you are making a carto char, no?

Best thing to do if thats what it is.....make a runebook of all the map shops.
Start recalling and buy as many as you can. Remember item limits for bags.
I did this with an alt while my carto char worked the skill next to a trash barrel.

Dont bother saving the maps for resale, waste of time. Just trash them as you make them.
I would buy ass loads of maps and stack them next to carto char to work the skill.

You will need over 10k or more maps to GM carto. There is a guide my applejack some where, but not
sure it still works.

No one will have any maps to sell you, as the only use is for carto chars.

Good luck with training, its a great char to play. Also lvl 1-2's you can do at 50
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

I disagree with Orion on one major part...he is right about recalling around to different map shops buy up all the maps you can carry....then set your macro to decode them....once you get message blank map not found you sell all the maps back to NPC. If you sell 80 maps to him then you will be able to buy 80 blank maps back from him. have a empty bag when you buy more maps than you can carry they drop to floor. what I did is stick those maps in the empty bag and then hold the bag in my mouse cursor as macro runs

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I did that too. Once you're up to 80 skill or so, you start succeeding 4 out of 5 maps on average, so you get a vendor who has 50-100 blanks stocked, and you can macro in the same spot for hours since he will restock new blanks ones in the same amount as you sell back used maps (I would buy 5, do 5, sell 5, and he'd restock 5 blank maps after selling). It was a while ago, maybe June, but I remember it worked like a charm for me. Ask Bloom in IRC to see if it worked for him since he did it more recently, but I remember being amazed how well it worked. So, macro was:

Buy 5 maps (needs to be the first item on list of NPC sale list)
Use skill cartography
if sysmessage "appear"
sell 5 maps
buy 5 maps
else
create whatever type of map from menu: world map, local map, etc.
endif

Of course you need some pauses in there too. Here is the razor code for mine:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|appear
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENC|0|vendor sell
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|ENC|0|vendor buy
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09.1000000
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|appear
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|12
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|1
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|4|6514|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10.1000000
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

Paste it into a text file, save it as a .macro file, and move it to your razor macro directory. You'll need to make sure that you set up your Buy/Sell agents in Razor as well. In sell agent, target any map, put quantity 5, then click enable. In buy agent, target any map, put quantity 5, then click enable. Each time you need to move to a new Cartography shop, make sure you disable the buy agent, and then say "vendor buy" once to check that the blank maps are the first item on the list. If they are, re-click enable, and start the macro. Otherwise, move onto the next shop, since at the shop you are at, you will buy useless maps. I'd say 60% or more of the cartographer NPCs had blank maps on the first item in their list.

Disclaimer: I never did find out for certain if this is illegal to AFK. It is probably worth it to ask the GMs to cover your back and explain what you are doing. I *think* I read before that it isn't, but I can't find that thread to reference here. Since the items you are selling back completed sell for barely more gold than you bought the blank map for, you can't really earn any money doing this (and if you did, it would be at 100.0 cartography, and the MAXIMUM you could earn would be 1 gold for each map -> 6 gold per minute -> 360 gold per hour. Not lucrative at all.)
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Oh yeah, and another thing to add: this method won't work if it's busy on UOSA :( I could work in off-peak hours since I'm 6 hours ahead of EST... so, yeah, maybe this buy5/sell 5 method doesn't work well if you are in peak-times, because other people will just come and buy out all the maps in front of you. Happy Gilmore's idea with buying all 80 maps would work very well in that case, just with less AFK ability. Good luck!
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

MortiKi

Post by MortiKi »

while macroing, if you are tight on cash, you should sell them back ..
you can buy blank maps for 3gp and sell back local maps for 4gp..
you actually end up making a lil cash..
<< (~);} >>

[1965-1995]

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Aeris wrote: Disclaimer: I never did find out for certain if this is illegal to AFK. It is probably worth it to ask the GMs to cover your back and explain what you are doing. I *think* I read before that it isn't, but I can't find that thread to reference here. Since the items you are selling back completed sell for barely more gold than you bought the blank map for, you can't really earn any money doing this (and if you did, it would be at 100.0 cartography, and the MAXIMUM you could earn would be 1 gold for each map -> 6 gold per minute -> 360 gold per hour. Not lucrative at all.)
Technically it is since you do profit off npc sales (however tiny). But the margin is so absolutely tiny I think its generally ignored. Really, I see no reason to hound someone who's barely making 1k or w/e a day afk. No one would do that if they were profit seeking.

Return to “Resources”