Audio issues

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Audio issues

Post by Clark_Kent »

Something with either the razor utility or the UO client is messing with my sound output while running UO in windowed mode (and the game crashes in full screen, it has a conflict with my sli video card setup). The sound itself within the game is static laced, and if I have anything going in the background (say iTunes or a video player/dvd program) the sound output from that is completely static laced.

I've spent all evening wrestling with the problem, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to remedy this. I've tried reinstalling audio drivers, I've done a full audio codec uninstall three times and tried limiting codecs via different codec packs (and even one attempt with no audio codecs other than basic windows vista ones). I've reinstalled UO and repatched as well as Razor three times.

I have a dual core system, and I've tried assigning one processor strictly to UO and the other processor to iTunes to no avail.

I can only stand to play on a complete system mute with this current state. Any thoughts or help out there?
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Audio issues

Post by Clark_Kent »

Whelp, finally after 3 hours of wrestling with it I solved it.

Started tweaking various compatibility modes for both razor.exe and client.exe and with "Disable Desktop Composition" unchecked on client.exe and razor.exe running in administrator mode, audio is perfect again. I don't have my display/counters in the title bar anymore because of Aero theme, but I'll take that over horrendous sound issues.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)