Preferred Time/Day for In-Game Events

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.

What day of the week would you prefer to see events most commonly occur?

Monday
6%
Tuesday
4%
Wednesday
6%
Thursday
3%
Friday
18%
Saturday
30%
Sunday
33%

Total votes: 90

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Preferred Time/Day for In-Game Events

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

After voting, feel free to reply with a specific day+time as well to better provide input on scheduling. This thread is not a discussion or debate thread and comments that don't fit the criteria will be "In Corp'd".

The results of this poll aren't going to be set in stone as a "schedule" for events but will give me an idea of when people feel they would most benefit from the activity. I will use this feedback when planning upcoming events. I have a collection of ideas that I've been sitting on since the Spring and will work with Mammoth to get the Sash tournaments going on a regular basis again for starters.

If this thread goes well and input is actually given, I'll create a group-brainstorming thread for civil discussion on the future of in-game content in the form of feasible ideas within our core-server boundaries.

UPDATE:
I invite those to join #secondageevents in IRC to continue the conversation with myself and others from the community. I will try to linger in there between 9am-4pm most week days. I realize this isn't an ideal time, but it's when I'm at my computer most often. You're still encouraged to PM me here on the forums with ideas you have for events a well.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Capitalist

Re: Preferred Time/Day for In-Game Events

Post by Capitalist »

1st. Friday is meh. Saturday is great because I could hypothetically do an event and still go out. Sunday is football. Post-football season, Sunday.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

a swallow

Post by a swallow »

Busy Mon.-sat, so Sunday would be great!
[quote="Teriyl"] So wait, you're mad at swallow for stealing shit out of your castle that you mistakenly left unlocked? He's not my favorite person on the server, but damn Dyne, you can only be mad at yourself for that.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Voted Saturday. A rotating schedule between the most popular days per this poll would be ideal so everybody could participate in the fun.
^

JessieKJepsen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JessieKJepsen »

Fridays or Saturdays work well for me after 6pm EST, Saturdays about ALL DAY off and on.

But if I know something is going on I will be sure to make myself available if I can! :)

<3

~Jess

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Saturday around 830pm eastern is ideal for me.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Make sure to spread the word of this post to those you know. I've made it the IRC topic for the time-being as well. Thanks.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

JessieKJepsen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JessieKJepsen »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Make sure to spread the word of this post to those you know. I've made it the IRC topic for the time-being as well. Thanks.

You should put it on the town crier. Believe it or not we still have a bunch of players not on the forums and irc.

~Jess

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

JessieKJepsen wrote:You should put it on the town crier. Believe it or not we still have a bunch of players not on the forums and irc.

~Jess
Not a terrible idea, just make sure to include what subforum the post is in so those who aren't familiar with forums can find it. Or maybe make it an "announcement" as some forums allow which shows above every forum.
^

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Scheduled events will just create event loggers. They'll log in for these events, and log out when they're over.

Random or bust.

Elph

Post by Elph »

Onslaught- wrote:Scheduled events will just create event loggers. They'll log in for these events, and log out when they're over.

Random or bust.
We don't have enough frequent players for random to work. Also, most people here are old enough to have busy lives. As has been discussed, scheduled events make it possible for players to plan around being on the server.

We aren't all 12 year olds on summer break anymore.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Onslaught- wrote:Scheduled events will just create event loggers. They'll log in for these events, and log out when they're over.

Random or bust.
Agreed and stated pretty prominently in the first post for all eyes to see.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Random or bust.
If people are only logging in specifically for the events, what does that tell you about the server? Even so, if they are logging in to play an event, especially one that requires regs/pots/weaps/armor, its still adds value to the server as those resources have to come from somewhere, which will likely be the people who have the time or interest to farm or produce.

I don't see anything wrong with it being scheduled. I'd assume the majority of people here work fulltime jobs, and knowing a specific event will be at a specific time would mean that I could take leave from work (or adjust my work schedule) to make that event. I've missed out on quite a few events due to weird scheduling (like the monster bash one being at 9am every freaking Friday or whatever time it was) so unless I called in sick I'd never make it.

I'm for scheduled events, but have them on a rolling schedule. If things like dungeon crawls and monster bashes make it back, have it so that they are first thing on one day, mid day the next, and evenings the following day.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I know someone's gotta lose, but try to keep us Europeans in mind :) I know, Australia will miss out in that case. But maybe you can alternate weeks between Aus and Europe friendly times?
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Glion

Post by Glion »

Weekends are best for me, my work schedule hardly allows for any thing but sporadic weekday server time! But if I know the event is running on the weekend I can probably make it, as long as it is not an On-call week.