Preferred Time/Day for In-Game Events

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.

What day of the week would you prefer to see events most commonly occur?

Monday
6%
Tuesday
4%
Wednesday
6%
Thursday
3%
Friday
18%
Saturday
30%
Sunday
33%

Total votes: 90

WarmApplepie

Re: Preferred Time/Day for In-Game Events

Post by WarmApplepie »

Hicha wrote:
Onslaught- wrote:Scheduled events will just create event loggers. They'll log in for these events, and log out when they're over.

Random or bust.
If people are only logging in specifically for the events, what does that tell you about the server? Even so, if they are logging in to play an event, especially one that requires regs/pots/weaps/armor, its still adds value to the server as those resources have to come from somewhere, which will likely be the people who have the time or interest to farm or produce.

I don't see anything wrong with it being scheduled. I'd assume the majority of people here work fulltime jobs, and knowing a specific event will be at a specific time would mean that I could take leave from work (or adjust my work schedule) to make that event. I've missed out on quite a few events due to weird scheduling (like the monster bash one being at 9am every freaking Friday or whatever time it was) so unless I called in sick I'd never make it.

I'm for scheduled events, but have them on a rolling schedule. If things like dungeon crawls and monster bashes make it back, have it so that they are first thing on one day, mid day the next, and evenings the following day.
^ This. Random does not work well with most peoples schedules. And how does that benefit the people like that try to play daily Even if its for short periods of time?

Plus, the more people on during the event the more fun is had. That's just common sense, I could give too ****s if someone only logs in for a few days a month, if I get a shot to fight along side/pk/steal from/ or make friends with I don't see the problem. Once they see commitment from staff, their thoughts of playing more often might change.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Perhaps 1 or 2 static events per month (with a set time so those with limited playtime can enjoy them) and then the rest on a rotating random schedule to prevent the dreaded "event loggers"?
^

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Treysta wrote:Perhaps 1 or 2 static events per month (with a set time so those with limited playtime can enjoy them) and then the rest on a rotating random schedule to prevent the dreaded "event loggers"?
Almost verbatim what I proposed 2 minutes after this poll was created. I told Boomland in IRC that say 6 events existed per month. Do 3 on Saturday or the most dominantly voted day, and then 3 on a rotating scale of one on a Monday, one on a Tuesday, etc.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I think that's the ticket! That should allow Euro's to get in some prime time as well.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

WarmApplepie wrote:I think that's the ticket! That should allow Euro's to get in some prime time as well.
idk if Mammoth made the events, but he surely used to announce them at 9am eastern all the f***ing time. I'd be ready to go to sleep and then have to stay up for an hour and a half to get a trophy. Sometimes I'd enlist people like notorious who are quick looters to get me a trophy and sell it to me when I woke up. Point being, they have considered the Euros. Not many of them left however, at least for the Euro PvP scene.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Onslaught- wrote:Scheduled events will just create event loggers. They'll log in for these events, and log out when they're over.

Random or bust.
How about this great idea...how about 2 events in same day...first one scheduled, then the second will be soon after. Soon after could be 30 minutes or 2 hours...people might stick around. Just nice to hear the chance of events though, dont really care if people just log in for that or not, at least they are logging in.

JessieKJepsen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JessieKJepsen »

If I know an event is going to happen I will do everything I can to join it provided I am not working or having a weekend with the family, RL first of course. However having another event after the listed one at a random time would be fun!! :)

~Jess

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Also question for the GM's, other than input and suggestions Do you need anything from us to help make this happen?
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

I think we used to have the best turn out on sunday nights. imo.

I don't really like that time because of football but sometimes an event can be fun if the game sucks.

I voted for Tuesday because of my personal schedule

if the event is RPO duels it doesn't matter what time it is I wont make it hehehehe well maybe on the outside shooting people

Damnsammit

Post by Damnsammit »

Capitalist wrote: Sunday is football. Post-football season, Sunday.
My thoughts exactly.

Friday evenings work best for me until then.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Looking good. I invite those to join #secondageevents in IRC to continue the conversation with myself and others from the community. I will try to linger in there between 9am-4pm most week days. I realize this isn't an ideal time, but it's when I'm at my computer most often.

You're still encouraged to PM me ideas you have for events a well.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Balsador

Post by Balsador »

i picked wed because i have no real preference other then non weekend would be better for me but i will try and log in whenever it is

Jay

Post by Jay »

so.. when's this gonna start?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Jay wrote:so.. when's this gonna start?
Well, I figured I'd wait longer than a week for the poll itself to get enough exposure and votes. So far, it's been going well. I've also been lingering in, and chatting with, people who take the time to come into #secondageevents on IRC.

I have 2 in-game events I plan to run in October, with more ideas for November and Deceit (not to mention we'll be acknowledging Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the winter Holidays as we always have - maybe even with a few added extras this year to get the ball moving).

I'd love to run a tournament for each "holiday" that UOSA already acknowledges, that alone would add half a dozen new events into the calendar year, not to mention reviving and continuing Order/Chaos sash-tournaments on a regulary (bi-monthly) basis.

All of that, paired up with world-events (similar to those from last Winter and Spring) should add enough to the table. After that, it's up to players to push the needle further by creating their own events, and/or by providing additional feedback or suggestions on events we've run/are running.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Sounds great! Thanks for your time and patience with planning these
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg