Questions about runebook

Topics related to Second Age
Cerwyn

Questions about runebook

Post by Cerwyn »

Hello there!

First I would like to know if it is possible to copy a full runebook. For example those "free use" books (thanks to their owner) in some houses with registered locations. If yes, what is the process?

Then how to put a specific marked position in an empty book? Skill requirements?

Also is there any shop to buy a full book? Since I have one char which is craftman only, which kind of book I should buy? Banks and caves? How much for one book?

Thanks a lot :)

WarmApplepie

Re: Questions about runebook

Post by WarmApplepie »

You have to manually go to each of those locations and mark a blank rune then put it into your runebook. Too my knowledge there isn't a way to copy without actually going to each location and marking yourself.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Greetings. Let me try to answer your questions for you as best as possible.
Cerwyn wrote:First I would like to know if it is possible to copy a full runebook. For example those "free use" books (thanks to their owner) in some houses with registered locations. If yes, what is the process?
WarmApplepie is correct, you must go to each location and manually mark a new rune for that location. You can then place your newly marked runes into another empty rune book to create your copy.
Cerwyn wrote:Then how to put a specific marked position in an empty book? Skill requirements?
To put a location into an empty book, what you need to do is the following:
  • Purchase a blank runebook. These are sold by player vendors for a modest price.
  • Purchase up to 16 blank runes from a mage shop in any town. Each book can hold up to 16 runes.
  • Travel to the location that you would like to mark a rune.
  • Use the mark spell to mark a rune at the location. This requires a minimum of 50.1 displayed skill points if it is cast from a spellbook.
  • Double click the rune and type in a name for it.
  • Drag and drop the rune into your rune book to add it in.
Cerwyn wrote:Also is there any shop to buy a full book? Since I have one char which is craftman only, which kind of book I should buy? Banks and caves? How much for one book?
Player vendors do sell full rune books, but the most useful one will be based on your needs. However, it is important to understand that here on UOSA, a player may label a rune book as a full book, but it may be an empty book that they are overcharging you for. Some unscrupulous players will do that, so you must be very careful who you purchase from. You may even prefer to pay someone to actually build you the rune book that you would like instead of just purchasing one from a vendor.

Good luck!
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Cerwyn

Post by Cerwyn »

Thank you so much for all those info! And especially for the probable empty books tip. How sad...
Then I better start to up my magery or create another char for it?

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

A freshly made character starting at 50 magery can cast the mark spell at a fairly reliable rate.
There are many players out there that actually will make your desired runebook orders complete with desired locations at a reasonable price.
Although it is hard to trust some player run vendors when you are new, the more reputable traders will be quite active in the trade section of the forums.

Try and post in the trade section what you are buying and what exact locations you want. I can't see it costing much more than what you can farm from wandering ettins, ogres, trolls, and ratman, undead out in the wilderness. Probably take less time (hassle) then going around to do it yourself and if you are training combat skills...2 birds : 1 stone.

Hint: graveyards close to town are very nice training areas that can yield most young warriors a couple thousand gold in little time.

Welcome to uosa.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation