Franz Pfniffel Daily Events

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Jakob

Re: Franz Pfniffel Daily Events

Post by Jakob »

A tribute to the One and Only Shop.
Last edited by Jakob on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Lol...ass.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

A classical bank theft taking place two nights ago.
Last edited by Jakob on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic

WizKid

Post by WizKid »

Lol, you should have included my commentary after you stole that. I should have right clicked on that fool. I was annoyed he tossed it all up in the trade window to begin w/ :P
Saber wrote:i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
Saber wrote:garentee'd

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Jakob wrote:A tribute to the One and Only Shop.
Full size here.
I don't understand this sort of stuff. I understand other forms of griefing, but not this case.

Am I weird?
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

No. That's retarded.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I understand it and agree with it. This shard is a wise man's playground. If you're going to visit, at least play around a bit.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

Vega, I am astonished, your wisdom exceeds my expectations! For me, this kind of stuff is the essence of UO. Fun to hear about, fun to carry out. Sadly, the likes of Aeris and Ill Gates hath not yet reached illumination.

WizKid wrote:Lol, you should have included my commentary after you stole that. I should have right clicked on that fool. I was annoyed he tossed it all up in the trade window to begin w/ :P
Alas! I was far away before your words even were uttered! One cannot always catch everything!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I believe they've bought into the idea of UOSA being a museum. If it's not within their realm of play, it can't be right. They hold the concept of population at higher numbers being the essence of UO. At that point, Aeris can be glorified as someone who got the server back to that point after all of the strife and hurdles. Following Aeris's hero efforts, Ill Gates will have more people to demonstrate his ability to cycle a halberd against.

Everything maintains itself on UO besides the economy, thus having fun with newbies who would have quit at any later stage of non-trammel grief truly saves everyone time and effort.

Scenario A. This guy hates Jakob, cA, and any terrible human who has posed a play style like cA's, making it his personal burden to overcome and get back at them in every petty way humanly achievable on UOSA.

Scenario B. This guy quits. Another person replaces him an hour later.

Scenario C. He carries on, building characters and farming gold to inevitably hand over to Aeris or someone like him. He further gives "helpers of the server" a purpose for waking up in guard zone every day of the week.

Any way you look at it, Jakob plays an essential role that by definition has greater purpose than whatever group you want to point out that would have handed this newbie a full spellbook, a house deed, and some regs that he would have used before deciding there was no nostalgia of challenge and belittled inspiration in the pursuit of equity.

/endrant, actions explained
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Naw, I understand all of that. I actually love this facet of UO, I love reading cA's tales of adventure, and I have a lot of respect for all of them, including Franz/Jakob. I have also, in my almost two years here, given exactly 0 pieces of gold to any player in return for nothing. I think handouts are the worst thing a person could do in UO. If I had received handouts when I first started, I would have been gone within a few days. Very luckily, I didn't manage to find anyone nice enough to give me stuff when I started. I played the game a few hours a day, and felt invested here, so it was exciting to login each day.

What I don't get is exploiting these unknown mechanics on 2 hour old newbies. Yes, vendors selling scam items is a part of this era as well, and I'm thankful for it. But this guy probably has no understanding of the functions of this shard, and may still be debating whether to start sticking his foot in the door here or at another place. After losing his first 2 hours of work to a scam, he's probably a little bit mad, and decides this is a good time for him to take a short break and see what that other shard he wanted to try has to offer. Perhaps this newbie is a strong personality who would actually thrive on UOSA, but at this stage in his life, he really was given a reason to take a break for the day, and after losing his investment entirely (not just partially or mostly), maybe he actually won't get that urge to login again. Even just getting him to the thrill of leaving the guard zone could be enough invested for him, and give him enough incentive to get excited to login each day, and continue to do so after getting PKd/griefed at that point.

Anyways, it's just my opinion, as what you wrote is yours. I'm playing here and nowhere else for a reason :P.

Also, for the record, I spend well below 5% of my logged in (at keyboard) time in the guard zone, and less than <15% in my houses :) I'm also much less of a "shard saving hero" than you seem to think I am. Not sure what you ever witnessed me do to give you that impression of me :P Maybe you can enlighten me?

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

That was a lot of words for a nerd, please tl;dr it after re-reading each scenario. Also, PM me your response. I don't want to ruin this thread with shard saving adventures.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Nerds are known to write lots of words!

/next

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I'm a shard saving hero.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

HERO, HERO, HERO, YOU'RE A HERO, HE'S A HERO! GYROS FOR EVERYONE!

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

inkognito wrote:I'm a shard saving hero.
Of course you are!