Where to hunt?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Blood

Where to hunt?

Post by Blood »

Hi, which dungeon or place or monster gives the better loot to grind?

I just returned from a way to long break and I want to make gold as fast as possible to finish some chars I want to play.

Thanks

Bixby Legbone

Re: Where to hunt?

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Blood wrote:Hi, which dungeon or place or monster gives the better loot to grind?

I just returned from a way to long break and I want to make gold as fast as possible to finish some chars I want to play.

Thanks

There are plenty of good places which depend on your character's skills and abilities. I'll just name a few.

Ancient Wyrm in destard.
Ice fiends in ice dungeon.
Elder Gazer room in Covetous.
Random dragons in destard level one.
Lichs in their ruins south of Yew, or in Deceit, or in Covetous level 3.
Blood elemental in Shame, air elementals in Shame, or Earth elementals.
Ophidian Lair, Cyclops Valley, the Oasis, spider-men keep all in the Lost Lands.
Fire Temple on fire island (daemons, dragons, drakes, fire elementals).

Blood

Post by Blood »

Thanks Bixby, I normally kill titans and cyclops for a living but I am finding it way too slow, I am looking for faster spots. The skill if not there will come with practice :)

My 3 main char are:

GM Music
GM Provo
GM Fencing
GM Healing
GM Tactics
60 Resist
40 Magery (casting with scrolls)
--------------------
GM Magery
GM Meditation
GM Resist
GM Eval Int
GM Wrestling
GM Swords
GM Tactics
--------------------
Also have a t-hunter with 95 lockpicking

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

All those places he mentioned work very well. Just keep in mind that good grinding spots also attract PK’s. Make sure you’ve got your recall macro bound to a hotkey.

Shame I find is a good measuring stick because the dungeon gets progressively harder without having huge jumps in skill levels. Start on level 1 with the earth elementals. Since you have provo, get a bunch of earth ele’s fighting, then use the scorpions to poison them all to speed things up. Once you’ve gotten back in the groove hit shame 2 but avoid the air elemental island (PK Hang out). Just work around the outside to level 3. You’ll know when you are pushing it and need to stop and grind in a spot (mark a rune for later). Both of those characters should have no problem getting to the blood elementals and surviving nicely. When you hit the blood elementals, you are getting back into heavy PK territory again, so be careful. If you can survive just fine with the blood elementals and PK's down here, then all those options he mentioned are open to you.

If you really want to make some good money take your provo and find a poison elemental. Make it your personal pet and have it attack and kill literally everything on that level. Everything. It’s dangerous work, but fun and fast cash. Assuming you have time to pick the gold up, heh heh. You got to keep the posion ele working or he’ll take you out. Thankfully scavenger agent helps you pick up ele dropped cash in a blink of an eye when back tracking in between provo’s.

I love the fire temple for a provo. The problem is you don’t have hide and those daemons love them some blue meat. Even when they are mad at other stuff. Take a stack of invis scrolls with you if you try this. You’ll need to disappear in between provo’s. Probably not as appropriate for that particular build, but you can make some crazy money here.

Your mage can hunt literally anywhere and make good money, so no need for specifics.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Return to “Guides”