How to access Razor Macros Folder

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

How to access Razor Macros Folder

Post by azheman »

For Windows XP:

There are many methods to find the macros folder, this one is very direct, does not require showing hidden folders.

Step 1: Click on Start > Run

Step 2: Type in %appdata%

Step 3: Find the Razor folder, and open.

Step 4: Open the Macros folder. You will find all Razor macros, which can be edited in Notepad or similar. (I recommend Notepad ++).

Win 7: coming shortly.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: How to access Razor Macros Folder

Post by azheman »

Windows 7

Only 2 Steps:

H2os
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by H2os »

Thanks azheman , now all I have to remember is %appdata%, but it does make it much quicker for me to find my macro files.

Mistress Pudenda

Post by Mistress Pudenda »

Once you have found the folder create a shortcut and drop it on your desktop or taskbar, then you'll never have to look for it again.

Xantim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Xantim »

Anyone got this setup with win8?

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Xantim wrote:Anyone got this setup with win8?
I understand perfectly that this thread is errrr... "a bit" old :mrgreen: but I recently got a new laptop with win8.1 and I was wondering the same thing. Then I finally found out that in win8/8.1 you just have to paste your saved macros to the default razor directory - in my case c:\Program Files (x86)\Razor\macros directory and once you start razor, it works fine. Hope this helps at least someone. :roll:

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

Mulahey wrote:
I understand perfectly that this thread is errrr... "a bit" old :mrgreen: but I recently got a new laptop with win8.1 and I was wondering the same thing. Then I finally found out that in win8/8.1 you just have to paste your saved macros to the default razor directory - in my case c:\Program Files (x86)\Razor\macros directory and once you start razor, it works fine. Hope this helps at least someone. :roll:
i suggest making hidden folders visible, after that, the folder is in the same location as windows 7. you can still access it through your file explorer.

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Missy B wrote:
Mulahey wrote:
i suggest making hidden folders visible, after that, the folder is in the same location as windows 7. you can still access it through your file explorer.
I did off course have hidden folders visible, but still after running razor. logging in to uo and exiting, razor would not create the usual dir where it used to on my win7 (it used to create dirs in c:\users\whatever\appdata\roaming\razor). As I mentioned before, it is now enough to (at least for me) place my old "uo saves" (meaning macros, hotkeys and stuff) into the default razor directory - the one where I installed it into...

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

odacar

Post by odacar »

Since i had this same problem with windows 8, i thought id log in to help.

Due to the way that windows 8 and razor works, you can not edit the files/macros directly in the macros folder (program files 86/razor/macros)
The only way to edit the macro would be to save it to a place like a desktop, and then drag the file from the desktop into the macro folder.\

Basically, you can not edit anything in the folder/make a new document in the folder. You can only drag things into/from the folder.
If that didn't make sense i can elaborate further.

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Easiest way to find your macro folder on any system is make a macro called 'EOISTHEFUCKINGBESTWIZARD', save it, shut down UO/Razor and then search your computer for 'EOISTHEFUCKINGBESTWIZARD'
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Return to “Guides”