Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Topics related to Second Age
jewelstorm

Re: Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Post by jewelstorm »

Flea wrote:
Voltron wrote:My brother Jocko and TAZ are now playing again :D
Alright im Flea, was in GoD, played from late 98-02.

Ok so you have 2 brothers, including TAZ. Wow. OK well TAZ knew me and my brother lived in the same area as him. I PKd his brother in deciet, dont remember the character name. TAZ shows up and is threatening me, telling me to meet me at the local subway and hes going to kick my ass. Fun times, especially since I was like 13. I also remember Mr Joo Joo Bean.

Wow, I remember that., I also remember grey wolf getting banned and he had like 20ish houses. And lord Vic was always switching up spells, instead of the ol precast combos . I also remember shroomy, he had a pk about the same time as me.

I miss that game. Back when I had to stretch ether net cables all over the house.

Ohh, and those pics on page 7 or so, that's my dead body with CPT. I remember now, I had to drop the SRK tag. So SRK Jewel Storm changed to just STORM.

It keeps coming back, I must be getting old. Lonewolf, we took over your account when you left. I just remembered because I eventually got the account when they qquit. I turned malignant into a tamer/gold earner.

Ashur

Post by Ashur »

Wow this thread is amazing. So many memories and familiar names. UO is one of the best games I've ever played and this period of time on Great Lakes when I was with BC/B*C was the best period of my gaming life. I don't think anyone will be able to reproduce how raw and awesome UO was back in those days.

I played a ton of lesser known characters. I was originally Whitefire and SoulSeeker in the guild NL (Noctual Lupus) before I found BC. I can't believe someone mentioned the guild NL because that was my first guild and I never really heard from them again. I remember Achillies and Elminster and the 4 room house NorthWest of Brit.

Once I found BC though it was all over. BEST GUILD EVER. My main account I played as Braxxus, Martillis, Silent Bob, Whitefire, and SoulSeeker. I was with BC off and on for 2-3 years.

Peon from BC and I were pretty close. We made characters "Jay and" and "Silent Bob" to troll Bucs den. I use to chill with Starbreez and the orcs near the old runehouse and made my main character a tamer after the model of Sir Bart. Warring in those days was the best. A lot of DI and other guild fights. I ended up buying the sandstone house in front of the BC runehouse and then quit shortly after. I gave my account to Sir Bart but never know if he used it or not.

Sir Bart and BC is still the best guild I've ever been in. So many good memories in IRC and creating/responding to ganks. We tried to switch over DAoC when UO changed but it fizzled out and I lost touch with everyone. If anyone is still around from BC, let me know.

alex7266

Post by alex7266 »

Oh yea memories...
GL 98-2000.

Shadowspawn - PK
Virtue - thief/archer

Wish i could remember more names. I'm old.
back in the days when resist magic was godmode.

I remember killing a PK on the bounty board on the edge of town that i discovered randomly using tracking and turning in his head for over 1 million gold.
Can't remember his name to save my life.
I remember being mad when i turned in the head because it only gave me a single gold piece. I had to talk to a GM to get it converted to the bounty amount.
I remember the GM saying 'nice catch'.

I had around 13 vendor houses in primo spots before all the house banned areas took place. made a fortune off vendors.

Lost my PK due to 56k modem connection failure....that and the 30 people that were attacking me:) came back dead.

I was banned for 'macroing'. No other explanation was ever given. I was sitting in my house making armor, got up to get a drink from frig and when i got back to my PC i was banned for macroing...
Bogus GM imo. My toons were 100% legit.
I know some folks felt like it was xmas when all my houses decayed...

Best gaming memories of my life are playing UO on GL. No other game has ever come close.
Can't stand the pay to win or no consequences gameplay these days.

Cheers to old school UO and all the good times that were had !

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

I didnt play GL during t2a but my irl buddies did. Ladeda, GANGSTA TONY, Arr Dont Do that... Ladeda played with woof very frequently. If any of you are here PM me. I have been trying to get some of my rl buddies to play with me. Fun times. I had a char there named ScrIbluRr through uo:r as a stealth mage.

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

Ashur wrote:Wow this thread is amazing. So many memories and familiar names. UO is one of the best games I've ever played and this period of time on Great Lakes when I was with BC/B*C was the best period of my gaming life. I don't think anyone will be able to reproduce how raw and awesome UO was back in those days.

I played a ton of lesser known characters. I was originally Whitefire and SoulSeeker in the guild NL (Noctual Lupus) before I found BC. I can't believe someone mentioned the guild NL because that was my first guild and I never really heard from them again. I remember Achillies and Elminster and the 4 room house NorthWest of Brit.

Once I found BC though it was all over. BEST GUILD EVER. My main account I played as Braxxus, Martillis, Silent Bob, Whitefire, and SoulSeeker. I was with BC off and on for 2-3 years.

Peon from BC and I were pretty close. We made characters "Jay and" and "Silent Bob" to troll Bucs den. I use to chill with Starbreez and the orcs near the old runehouse and made my main character a tamer after the model of Sir Bart. Warring in those days was the best. A lot of DI and other guild fights. I ended up buying the sandstone house in front of the BC runehouse and then quit shortly after. I gave my account to Sir Bart but never know if he used it or not.

Sir Bart and BC is still the best guild I've ever been in. So many good memories in IRC and creating/responding to ganks. We tried to switch over DAoC when UO changed but it fizzled out and I lost touch with everyone. If anyone is still around from BC, let me know.
See, I thought the same about BC when I joined a month after starting the game. Then I joined a different guild and realized they were all really bad players and sucked at the game and never looked back ^_^

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Onslaught- wrote:
Ashur wrote:Wow this thread is amazing. So many memories and familiar names. UO is one of the best games I've ever played and this period of time on Great Lakes when I was with BC/B*C was the best period of my gaming life. I don't think anyone will be able to reproduce how raw and awesome UO was back in those days.

See, I thought the same about BC when I joined a month after starting the game. Then I joined a different guild and realized they were all really bad players and sucked at the game and never looked back ^_^
BC had heart. You have to admit, Bart was committed to UO. Eating, sleeping, breathing were not important. UO was. Especially when UO:R and champ spawns came heh.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Maybe I had most of my encounters with BC after their prime but they were bad, bad, bad.

Not that I would ever make some kind of claim that I was great, though. It's just that B*C never gave me or the guild I spent almost all of my PvP time with any trouble when we fought them. Loot piñatas.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Vhyx wrote:Maybe I had most of my encounters with BC after their prime but they were bad, bad, bad.

Not that I would ever make some kind of claim that I was great, though. It's just that B*C never gave me or the guild I spent almost all of my PvP time with any trouble when we fought them. Loot piñatas.
They were not known for being good, they were known for being many :)
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Elric The Great

Post by Elric The Great »

I need to start rechecking these forums more than just every 5 years. This server still up?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Yep. Give me all of your lewts.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

mkuna

Post by mkuna »

I came across this site when trying to find a few guys I used to play with on Great Lakes. The characters I mainly rolled with were Dark Shadow and Sonya. I hung out often in Vesper with me and my gang. We were mostly a group of shit disturbers. Such good memories. If anyone remembers me hit me up!

DrowndGod

Post by DrowndGod »

This is the real DG (DrowndGod) AKA Toothbrush, Misery, William Wallace.

Nice to see all the GL names again.

Still talk to some of the Minoc Trash/TDE guys such as Brodie Sinn, Baggy, Vincent Valentine, Godsmith, Judiec, Odswald, ect ect

Playing WoW currently, -Darbycrash Horde Shammy.

Halygon

Post by Halygon »

Since this has sat a while, I figured I liven it up a bit. See if you can recognize these guys below - I know they will.

Let’s start off easy.

@Onslaught-
Onslaught- wrote:Image
Then there is @AbeTheMonk aka Walmart_Employer aka Azreal
AbeTheMonk wrote:Image
And of course an embarrassing shot of @Elric The Great
Elric The Great wrote:Image
Luckily I am Vanon:

Enjoy!

DIVETX

Post by DIVETX »

Was on GL back in the day. I remember desperately trying to place larger than a 7x7 when the housing expansion hit and being lagged so badly I couldn't move. I was like 400 something in the help queue.

I was in CSC then EoD (E*D) but neither were very large. We rarely PVPd and preferred to dungeon raid. I do miss the massive Chaos / Order bank battles and the invasion of Brit, man good times.

I think everybody knew Peon and I regularly ran in fear of Sir Bart and BC - God those guys PKd me so many times.

My main chars were Rellik Darkbow (Tank Mage) and Kyan Darkbow (Palladin). Mainly ran with Sir Fragmor, Midnight, St Peter.

Man - good times!

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

hi guys