Shown/Not shown Whats the difference?

Topics related to Second Age
Dylan

Shown/Not shown Whats the difference?

Post by Dylan »

Ive read about shown and real skills.

What does it mean? Can someone help me to understand?

Is the Value/Base on Razor's skills tab? Which one I have to follow to grow up my skill appropriately?

Thank you

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Shown/Not shown Whats the difference?

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

Dylan wrote:Ive read about shown and real skills.

Is the Value/Base on Razor's skills tab? Which one I have to follow to grow up my skill appropriately?

Thank you
if u Crt k and open skills list then click show real you can see the skill u actually have vs what is shown
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

kevin-theidocghost wrote:
Dylan wrote:Ive read about shown and real skills.

Thank you
if u Crt k and open skills list then click show real you can see the skill u actually have vs what is shown
Allright, done. Its the same of Value/Base on Razor. So u just waste my time dude! now what about the difference? What is the utility of a shown skill? I played UO for long time but thats really new for me!
For example, when i reach 75 shown blacksmith, do I have to change and starting making short spears or i need to wait until rea lblacksmith is 75? I hope to be clear thank u

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

We don't use base(show real),it's only included in the client because the client we use is newer than the patch version.

The skills you see that are higher are stat adjusted. With stat adjustment you can go over 700 skill points, this is the only time to use show real...to see if you are capped.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Basically, for anything gameplay related (when to change to next item in blacksmithing, when to change spell in magery, etc.), use the shown skill (not the "show real"), but for figuring out where your 700.0 skill cap stands, use "show real."
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I love you both. Thank you so much for reply.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

To be clear, Dylan,

"Show Real" displays developed skill-points, while the default setting displays actual ability.

Many skills are, indeed, improved by having high Strength/Dexterity/Intelligence, according to a schedule of which skills are indeed affected by which stat(s): at lower-skill levels this will generate a significant increase to base ability; in all such cases, it is the inverse of "true", developed skill-points that modifies the maximum percentage of applied stat-influence.

If you look at your skills gump, you will note that you have many skills that display (some small) ability, in which you have never trained: all skill checks are executed against ability, not (only) real-skill-points; in those instances of skills that do not benefit from any stat influence at all, you will see that the skill values do not change when you switch to "show real" (real-skill = ability).

Example,

One of my characters has 84.1 ability in Magery but, when I "show real", the number drops to 81.4: this means that I have invested 81.4 real-skill-points in the Magery skill, and that my 100 Intelligence augments that base skill by +2.7; it is only +2.7 because I am receiving only 18.6% (the inverse of 81.4/100 is 18.6/100) of the full stat-bonus; at 100 real-skill, for any skill, stat-influence will be 0.

There are a few skills that benefit a lot from stat-influence, and can be very-useful at significantly low-levels of "real" development (Tracking comes foremost to mind).

Don't forget that no character can possess more than 700.0 developed skill-points.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
"Show Real" displays developed skill-points, while the default setting displays actual ability.

...]developed skill-points that modifies the maximum percentage of applied stat-influence.

Don't forget that no character can possess more than 700.0 developed skill-points.

SS
Ok.

So for example in case of a Skill-Stat connection:
100 INT
100shown/97real MAGERY

Why to dont lock cap Magery and save 3 skill's points?

You said the check is always on real skill. Ok. You mean all checks? Or just development checks? Or for succefully casting?

Thank you anyway, now it is much more clear. I probably miss something or i need read again? :mrgreen:

SariahTheBard

Post by SariahTheBard »

It wont work out that way. With 100 int, at 90 magery, it might show say 92; but by the time you hit 95 real, your shown will only be 95.5. By 99.5, real and shown will be the same till GM. Those numbers aren't exact but pretty much the stats give you a percentage of a boost, as you near GM that boost will be less and less.

SariahTheBard

Post by SariahTheBard »

Dylan wrote: You said the check is always on real skill. Ok. You mean all checks? Or just development checks? Or for succefully casting?

Thank you anyway, now it is much more clear. I probably miss something or i need read again? :mrgreen:
They were saying that checks are on the shown skill level. (Stat adjusted level) Meaning "chance to cast" and "ability to cast" are based on your stat adjusted skill level. Crafting and other skill checks also only use your stat adjusted skill level. The only time you need to concern yourself with "Show Real" is when ensuring you haven't yet hit 700 total skill points or to set something to drop if you already have. It is only used for the skill caps.

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

SariahTheBard wrote:It wont work out that way. With 100 int, at 90 magery, it might show say 92; but by the time you hit 95 real, your shown will only be 95.5. By 99.5, real and shown will be the same till GM. Those numbers aren't exact but pretty much the stats give you a percentage of a boost, as you near GM that boost will be less and less.

Ok. Go it.

Thank you all. Especially to Sighelm. I guess this could help lot of newplayers here.

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

SariahTheBard wrote:
Dylan wrote:
They were saying that checks are on the shown skill level.
Yes exactly. I wrote bad sry.

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

3 msgs in a row, sry!

In the case you dont want a 7x100=700 cap character.

For any reason you want, instead, 10x70=700 cap character.
The gap between real and shown at 70 is bigger then when u are GM.

Now you should have around 700shown and 650real.

You said its possible go over 700shown skillcaps and that must stop at 700real skillcaps. Going, for a coarse example, 750shown and 700real its possible.

The question is: what happen to the 50 bonus points in that situation? :mrgreen:

SariahTheBard

Post by SariahTheBard »

Dylan wrote:3 msgs in a row, sry!

In the case you dont want a 7x100=700 cap character.

For any reason you want, instead, 10x70=700 cap character.
The gap between real and shown at 70 is bigger then when u are GM.

Now you should have around 700shown and 650real.

You said its possible go over 700shown skillcaps and that must stop at 700real skillcaps. Going, for a coarse example, 750shown and 700real its possible.

The question is: what happen to the 50 bonus points in that situation? :mrgreen:

Some of my characters "show" around 1000 so yes it is very possible. Use em for whatever you like. I wouldn't recommend doing 10 skills at 70, however a fair number of people stop at 50-80.1 Magery on some characters and throw the rest into another skill. (If they only use Magery for healing and recalls.) Most of the time you are going to want 7x GM, but there are a few builds where only 5 or 6 GM skills are required and the rest of the points can be used for something else.

Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Great and clear! Thank you all again.

Im going open a new Topic with that curiosity. What's the best not 700x7 skillscap;-)