Topics related to Second Age
Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Hey I used to play here like 6 years ago

Post by Soma »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:Yeah that's how I feel when I play Dwarf Fortress
Maximum autism confirmed
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Funner, not once, but twice. Thanks for the laugh.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

bigbob

Post by bigbob »

whats wrong with funner? its gooder than just fun

SariahTheBard

Post by SariahTheBard »

As one of the newest players actually using the forums I want to weigh in on the OP. Most of the things you based on your look into the forums and attempting to compare it to how the in-game atmosphere is falling short of accurate. I have no problem finding people in-game to adventure with, macro with, and have fun with. Not everyone wants to PVP, not everybody is discouraged by the riches of other players. Most of the people I have met have been really nice. Ultimately I don't think it is valid to provide feedback based on not actually coming back and just reading the posts of the vocal minority of rich veterans. For every personality on these forums and IRC, I can show you two noobs that don't use IRC all the time and don't post to the forums. (Yes, they should and probably, eventually will.)

Wonder

Post by Wonder »

Feedback from the outside world is encouraged, so thank you. It's stuff like this that we can use to try to fix some of the issues/ staleness of the server. Constructive criticism should be encouraged, and we as a server shouldn't be so quick to jump down peoples throats. That being said..

A server wipe will probably never happen, granted it is a game.. but it's a game we have all invested hours of our real life into. To take that all away is probably going drive away more people then it'll bring in. There just are not enough people playing this old game any more for something like that to generate a bigger population then we currently have.
Splitting the already dwindling server population also isn't going to suddenly increase server population.. it's going to basically create a tram/fel and literally split the population down into even fewer people playing on either of the servers.
This is basically why they stopped turning on the test center.

IMO: get all the big server owners out there to come together and make a mega UO server combing the population of all the popular free servers into 1 mega server.
Kaivan wrote:Your overlord is here, and this thread is locked.
[04:34] <Vintirex> whats wrong? did it start saving again?

[03:02] <G[7thson]> anyone who knows pvp knows that using ghoul touch the whole fight isn't really pvp

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

Its a sandbox. The game is what the players make it.
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Surprise

Post by Surprise »

Nobody thinks the server population is going to re-explode. The game is nearly 20 years old. The people who played it as teenagers are now 30+ and most have families and real jobs.

The server offers virtually unlimited nostalgia. For someone who grew up on UO, how could walking around Deceit not be nostalgic?

You are unsatisfied with the server because your expectations are impossibly high. The way we experienced UO from 1997-2002 can never be replicated. The game will never be new again. So play UO:SA if you want; participate in the community if you want; build a 7X if you want; duel if you want; roleplay if you want; farm and horde if you want. Or occasionally spend an hour reminiscing and then play Dota (which is my current approach).

We should all be grateful to have UOSA. There is no reason to trash the shard and insult people.

Dimastrantonio

Post by Dimastrantonio »

I'm in favor of a wipe... maybe i see things differently but I enjoy progress. imo it's clear that many vet players don't play anymore or are very inactive. sure I'd lose everything I've worked for in the last eight months including nine finished characters, but that's fine. if the shard was wiped tomorrow you would find me on and in a race for land. I think this would bring life and interest people. again, this is just how I am. I don't know how current players would respond. most people just aren't built like that !

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Would be fun to see players rely on crafters again and really make player vendors a vital part of the game.

But it will never happen. So don't even ponder it
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Demetrius

Post by Demetrius »

slyyoungstar wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
slyyoungstar wrote:Down to wipe, or as I've mentioned in other posts, make a sister shard with a set wipe timer. So there'd be the hoarder server and the fun server. Just wipe it every 6-24 months (whatever the community agrees on is a reasonable timeframe). I think we could get enough donations and volunteers to help the rl infrastructure of it all if the conversation got serious about it.
Truly a terrible idea. It's all or nothing. I don't think Derrick is willing to ever let his creation be turned into a mockery of demands. The end, get over it.
Lol it's not a mockery of demands. I'm the only one who said keep the old shard and start a conversation about a second one. Plus it'd separate the population into better communities. You'd have the pixel lovers and duelers on the old shard, and then the actual game that people come to play nostalgically that would arguably be more era accurate happening on the other.
We all know you'll cry the hardest if there's a wipe, but just remember this shard will inevitably die one day anyway. The end, get over it.
Why not attempt to get some more mileage out of it while we can?
OSI did split the shards/population. It was called Trammel and Felucca.
"The secret to acting is to never let them catch you doing it"
-Marlon Brando

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

lol I gave up on the splitting idea. I'm all about the wipe. I was just trying to appease the people who firmly state they never want a wipe (staff included). Plus if a second server goes down, let's get real. No active player would stay on the current side. Anyone who really enjoys playing this game would be putting their effort into the fresh side. So, in conclusion, wipe it all like the aftermath of bad thai food. Then wipe it again cyclically.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

no wipe
^