The square of death.

Topics related to Second Age
HardCore

Re: The square of death.

Post by HardCore »

I think I've said this before, but Boom has records of all the tourney's he has ran. Those are basically automated (not really but kinda sorta). Someone can quickly come up with an official Boom tourney ranking system based on the past tourneys and add to it.

There, your epeen wish has been granted.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

F once a week...

Daily automateds... 1v1 ----> 4v4 all automatically tied into the web based record keeping as they used to be. During the early stages attendance will be sparse, but (re) build it and they will come.

Automated is suuuuuuch an evil word, but all it does is free up boom to continue his excellent storyline PvM events. I can't make the vast majority of the fm run events, and would love to be able to do some tournaments as rl allows.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Abyz wrote:F once a week...

Daily automateds... 1v1 ----> 4v4 all automatically tied into the web based record keeping as they used to be. During the early stages attendance will be sparse, but (re) build it and they will come.

Automated is suuuuuuch an evil word, but all it does is free up boom to continue his excellent storyline PvM events. I can't make the vast majority of the fm run events, and would love to be able to do some tournaments as rl allows.
A tournament daily holds no merit and means very little. You're looking for a "duel league" at that point. This is not something Staff should be involved with. Daily duels are a great way to prepare for a less frequent (weekly, bi-monthly) tournament. This is how it was done on most OSI shards (except months would go by without Staff tournaments), and this is even how it was handled on many early 2000s free shards. Even if we had the old systems in place, I would not run multiple mini-games daily and I would still want more days off than on for these mini-games. I feel there's a place on UOSA for these mini-games but it cannot be the primary focus or driving force behind population increase.

Unlike most shards, our goal isn't based around getting the highest online count, it's about recreating a real time in UO as close as we can, with as little customization as we can. I am not sure why (some) people can't grasp that idea even after years of (kind of) being here.

Abyz, food for thought. If you can't get to the current events, what makes you think you could get to the automated events if we did bring them back? Are we suppose to make the schedule match yours?
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Abyz wrote:F once a week...

A tournament daily holds no merit and means very little. You're looking for a "duel league" at that point. This is not something Staff should be involved with. Daily duels are a great way to prepare for a less frequent (weekly, bi-monthly) tournament. This is how it was done on most OSI shards (except months would go by without Staff tournaments), and this is even how it was handled on many early 2000s free shards. Even if we had the old systems in place, I would not run multiple mini-games daily and I would still want more days off than on for these mini-games. I feel there's a place on UOSA for these mini-games but it cannot be the primary focus or driving force behind population increase.

Unlike most shards, our goal isn't based around getting the highest online count, it's about recreating a real time in UO as close as we can, with as little customization as we can. I am not sure why (some) people can't grasp that idea even after years of (kind of) being here.

Abyz, food for thought. If you can't get to the current events, what makes you think you could get to the automated events if we did bring them back? Are we suppose to make the schedule match yours?

Of course not... But you can reason out that more tourneys mean more chances to get in them right?

I'm done arguing about this. Sorry if we don't see things the same way.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com