Accpting Unwanted Weapons and Armor

Buying/Selling Magic Armor/Weapons/Items

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Brokkr

Re: Accpting Unwanted Weapons and Armor

Post by Brokkr »

Hydroxide wrote:I call my friends out all the time, obviously!

He's not one of the people which have made you bitter.. He actually plays, and simply wants free shit

speaking of playing. I've been running a lot of maps, and have been dumping a ton of loot on to roof of yew bank.. perhaps that's what prompted this whole thread
actually it is .. i didnt know that was you droppin all that stuff on yew bank.
i ran out of ingots, and saw all that stuff and was like, "hmmm" .. lol
Brokkr - The Dwarven Metal Worker

FORMERLY: MortiKi

Image Image

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

Yep. LOL.

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

Treysta wrote:
xynosis wrote:There must be a way to play super efficiently to make the maximum amount of money in the smallest amount of time... but who cares?
I care. The people replying to me seem to care as well.

Thanks for sharing another long-winded and overly personal "shit on treysta" post with us, though. You're getting good at these, I must admit.
Yes... please take me seriously. PLEASE.
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Ah yes, the classic "I was just joking guys GOSH!" after taking the time to type a wall of text.
^

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

GUYS
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

wth is goin on? lol .. i didnt mean to start a uosa civil war .. just wanted to smelt unwanted armor and weaps, lol

Image Image

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

Well...you kind of screwed the pooch on that one, didn't you?

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

:(

Image Image

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

For anyone that cares, here is my auto sort macro with instructions on how to set it up. I have posted it before (and waa chastised for doing so...lol). I did get a pm asking me to put it up again. Since I played a part in the "civil" war, hers is my p"peace" to hopefully help make amends.
http://tempsend.com/4EE729BC31

There it is. It sort of explains how to do it. Tell me if you need more.

There is a picture of how I set it up.

Like other auto id macros, it uses steal to target item. WARNING: auto id'ing is NOT infallible, if lag (like server save) happens, this macro will toss out good shit (if it does not put into a good bin before spike happens and next piece is crap). This macro just weeds out crap vs. good shit. Good is defined as silver, thunder, ghoul's touch, daemon's breath, ID, force+, hardening+, and in my predefined list of "KEEP" items.

I have:
15 crap bins
3 good bins
15 sort (fill up items in those bins with my organizer 10 agent, change id's to new bin when it is full...etc)
1 bin to place ID wands

When sorting through crap between chests, I use organizers 2 and 3 to place gold, regs, gems, and scrolls into a single bin (I place a bin in there defined as my "scroll" bin). If you use my scroll sort, I pull all items from that bin and use separate organizer agents to put into bins lvl 1-8.

If you need help, setting up don't hesitate to ask.

You will need to replace ALL id's contained in the files with your own bin id's as explained

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

^ +1

Image Image

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

FYI the way you use auto sort macros is to open up ALL chests with unsorted crap in them (so the item ids are exposed to razor). DO NOT open any other chest except the unsorted chests. As you get deeper into the id session you WILL try to steal items you have already id'd (this macro will NOT steal the item again because it is in a bin that has not been opened if you are more than 1 space away from it). Auto id macros take longer as the process goes on because of this. It is meant to be done while afk. Before I sell the crap (you must sell with the char who id'd to get the added value) I touch hally and bards just in case it accidentally got trashed. Oh yeah, one more thing. I have 3 columns of 5 chests for u sorted stuff, you MUST stand in the middle so you are 1 space away from the chests you are tryi g to "steal" out of.

Have fun!

Opportunity cost is now severely decreased...lol

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I've used one for quite some time now, they're quite nice.
^

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

Another one successfully minimizing UO opportunity cost has been reported!

Here is the final pm I sent him, although it seems as though he was able to figure out how to run the auto-id macro using the instructions in the text files...

How you test it:
- single click all your good, crap, and id wand chests to get their current count
- open all unsorted chests
- start macro
- as it begins id'ing stuff make sure the item gets placed in the appropriate chest (by simply clicking the chest and watching the count increment)

The macro will find the next available chest that is not full for you.

If you accidentally open any of the chest you are watching the count on, log ALL the way out of razor to reset the item list and start over.

Once you see it work properly you can run it unattended. Nothing gets trashed or smelted in the process.

When you are done have you main char id good items and manually place in your treasure stores however they are set up. Have the id char sell the crap (you can put all the ids in organizer 10 in your sell agent helps out here, just make sure you only have runebooks and regs on you.

REMEMBER good is defined as silver, thunder, ghoul's touch, daemon's breath, ID, rings, force+, hardening+, and in my predefined list of "KEEP" items.