UO Resolution

Topics related to Second Age
NewYears1978

UO Resolution

Post by NewYears1978 »

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I can't really see a tech/support type section.

I have not played UO in a long time (never played on since quitting original UO after playing for 7 years) and recently started watching YouTube Videos of some of the emulated servers..and got interested.

I loaded up last night, started a char. The problem I have is the resolution and the game window. I run a 27" IPS monitor at 1080p and the game window is TINY.

I know if I change my resolution to 1024x768, that solves the problem however on my monitor this resolution is really whack and looks horrible. I thought I recalled at some point near the end of UO lifespan they had added resolutions and ability to change the game window (the gameplay section left of the black area) to higher resolutions than 800x600 etc..

Is this not possible? Maybe the client we use for Second Age isn't one that had the resolution updates?

Any ideas? I could probably get used to playing in a tiny box but it would be difficult. Might just have to get an old smaller monitor or something.

Thanks in advance.

Ill Gates

Re: UO Resolution

Post by Ill Gates »

NewYears1978 wrote:Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I can't really see a tech/support type section.

I have not played UO in a long time (never played on since quitting original UO after playing for 7 years) and recently started watching YouTube Videos of some of the emulated servers..and got interested.

I loaded up last night, started a char. The problem I have is the resolution and the game window. I run a 27" IPS monitor at 1080p and the game window is TINY.

I know if I change my resolution to 1024x768, that solves the problem however on my monitor this resolution is really whack and looks horrible. I thought I recalled at some point near the end of UO lifespan they had added resolutions and ability to change the game window (the gameplay section left of the black area) to higher resolutions than 800x600 etc..

Is this not possible? Maybe the client we use for Second Age isn't one that had the resolution updates?

Any ideas? I could probably get used to playing in a tiny box but it would be difficult. Might just have to get an old smaller monitor or something.

Thanks in advance.
If someone doesn't answer this for you here, hop in IRC. I'm sure someone in there could help you out!

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

Ah, forgot about IRC. I will do that if it comes to it ;) Thanks.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Pm rose. He is great with that stuff. I play with 1300x950 resolution. I do get some "grainy" looks in the corners sometimes. But I put my auto map in one corner, my backpack in one. Spells all grouped together in another corner and lastly my journal on top left corner. Works great
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

NewYears1978

Post by NewYears1978 »

WarmApplepie wrote:Pm rose. He is great with that stuff. I play with 1300x950 resolution. I do get some "grainy" looks in the corners sometimes. But I put my auto map in one corner, my backpack in one. Spells all grouped together in another corner and lastly my journal on top left corner. Works great
Done, thanks :)