ive been neating my head against this razor thing all day

Topics related to Second Age
Hades Grimm

ive been neating my head against this razor thing all day

Post by Hades Grimm »

okay here my problem, trying to set a razor magery macro.
its a custom macro i found onine so i dont have to record my macro.... i get into the macros folder, copy and paste my macro into the notepad and its saved as .macro but when i go into the program and game and click macros in razor i do see what file name is saved but in the actions next to it, its blank ... so i see my file in the razor program but its like a blank slate?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: ive been neating my head against this razor thing all da

Post by morgan1109 »

What are you trying to do? It should only take about a minute to set it up yourself. You need to learn how to do it anyway, so you can make all sorts of useful ones. you really only need to add 4 additional lines beyond what you record. The only tricky part of it is the if/then/else statement which is a standard logic statement. If the condition is met THEN it will do a specific task, or ELSE it will do a second task of your choosing.

You need to record yourself casting spell (on yourself I assume) and then clicking meditate skill (not necessary but speeds up leveling if you have meditation skill).

That's really about it. You can throw in a restock macro if you are macroing at the bank.

to make it AFKable there are some special contructs you need to add.

The first line should be an "if" statement doing a mana check. Just right click - special constructs - if conditional-mana->=50. That says if you mana is greater than 50 execute the steps below (which are to cast spell on yourself).

Make sure you move it up to the first line of the macro. right click-move up

The next couple lines are what your record (casting and meditate). After the cast flamestrike, wait for target-target self lines you need to add a delay and an else statement. just right click-add special constructs-insert pause wait - 2100 for 2.1 seconds.

The next line is also a special construct (the else statement). It's simple just right click again - special constructs-insert else.

The next line will be your meditate skill, then we just need to add one last pause of 10 seconds and we are done after the meditation kicks off. So back to our beautiful old friend the special constructs, just right click-add special constructs-insert pause wait - 10100 for 10.1 seconds.

Voila! just click the loop button and you are set.

it will look like this in the window:

if (mana>=50)
cast flamestrike
wait for target
target self
pause 2.1 seconds
else
use skill meditation
pause 10.1 seconds

All it's doing is checking your mana level. If your mana level is above 50 it'll execute the spell on you. If your mana is below 50 (the else statement) it will meditate for 10 seconds replenishing the mana.

If you don't have med it's super easy. Just record your self casting, then drop in a small pause (special construct-insert pause wait - 2100)

it will look like this:

cast flamestrike
wait for target
target self
pause 2.1 seconds
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Monoxide_Athlore_OG wrote:okay here my problem, trying to set a razor magery macro.
its a custom macro i found onine so i dont have to record my macro.... i get into the macros folder, copy and paste my macro into the notepad and its saved as .macro but when i go into the program and game and click macros in razor i do see what file name is saved but in the actions next to it, its blank ... so i see my file in the razor program but its like a blank slate?

My guess is that it's saved as a .txt file but file extensions for known file types are hidden. You must be able to see file extensions before you can change it. After you can actually view file extensions, it is probably saved as "nameofmacro.macro.txt" just remove the .txt portion. See my nifty screenshots for clarification.

Open Windows explorer. (just open "my documents")
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

also, after you add a macro to the macros folder you can hit the refresh macro button, but I found sometimes I had to just restart razor altogether.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey