Where to train 30s

Topics related to Second Age
Ahbuddy

Where to train 30s

Post by Ahbuddy »

Anybody have a list of what towns and what npcs will train each and every skill to 30?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Where to train 30s

Post by morgan1109 »

No, but you can usually run around Brit and get anything you need. Most NPC's can train something. There was one that was hard to find (poisoning maybe?) that I could only get in Brit. There was one I don't think I was able to find (Lumberjacking or mining maybe?). The one I couldn't find I could train up pretty easily. After a few minutes with no luck, I just went ahead and worked it from zero. So it might actually be trainable.

Two quick side notes.

1. If you have a runebook with a recall scroll in it and a spot marked under a town crier, you can train magery into the 30's and meditation to 100 at no cost. Since you don't actually recall to the blocked spot, it won't eat the scroll. However, it will eat the mana and give you magery and meditation gains.

2. the skills the NPC's train are often linked to their profession. The smith will train blacksmithing, the herbalist will train alchemy, etc.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Where to train 30s

Post by Patek »

Ahbuddy wrote:Anybody have a list of what towns and what npcs will train each and every skill to 30?
Brit will do them all cept maybe a few fighting ones and begging, in which case hit up Jhelolm (all locations listed are in Brit west of the North-South river unless stated otherwise)

Alchemy - Mage shops central [the central one is an alchemist specific store], eastern [over bridge] and north
Anatomy - Healer central, just north of bank past the East-west central split wall
Animal Lore - Tamer north and south west over bridge
Animal Taming - Tamer north and south west over bridge
Archery - Fletcher central north section. North of healer, south of school of music
Arms Lore - Just north of west brit bank, one very north west of town and one just east of healer
Begging - This one not quite sure as you need to find a begger NPC walking around. Try Brit first, but Jhelom second
Blacksmithing - Very north west of Brit
Bowcrafting - see archery
Camping - Maybe try the provisioners store east of West brit bank?
Carpentry - The carpenters located south west of the east-west central split wall
Cartography - The docks/shipwright directly south of west brit bank
Cooking - Few different ones. Try the bars (south of west brit bank and east of west brit bank.
Detect Hidden - I think maybe the thief guildmaster, usually in the bar east of west brit bank.
Enticement - Try the animal tamer or the school of music
Evaluating Int - Mage shops
Fencing - Thief guildmaster (east of west brit bank)
Fishing - Fisherman south of west brit bank on the docks
Forensic Evaluation - Not sure why you'd want it. Maybe try the bakeries? (not sure where they are)
Healing - See anatomy
Herding - Tamers
Hiding - Thief guildmaster
Inscription - Mage shops
Item ID - maybe the armorers or the provisioners? not quite sure
Lockpicking - thief guildmaster
Lumberjacking - Not sure again, try the carpenter?
Mace Fighting - Armorers
Magery - Mages
Meditation - Mages or alchemists
Mining - Blacksmith
Musicianship - School of music at north of Brit
Parry - Think the blacksmith/armorer at north west of brit
Peakcemaking - School of music
Poisoning - Think the alchemists east of west brit bank, if not try the thief guildmaster
Provocation - Try school of music
Remove Trap - Tinkers just north of west brit bank
Resist Spells - Think the mage shops do this
Snooping - Thief guildmaster
Spirit Speaking - Healer
Stealing - thief guildmaster
Stealth - Can't NPC train this
Swordsmanship - Fighter NPCs. Try brit, if not go Jhelom
Tactics - See Swordsmanship
Tailoring - Tailor just east of west brit bank
Taste ID - Baker I think
Tinkering - Tinker just north of west brit bank
Tracking - Try provisioners, if not find an adventurer NPC. Try brit, if not jheolm
Veterinary - Tamer
Wrestling - Think fighter NPCs do this