McPry's Return

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
FearItself

Re: McPry's Return

Post by FearItself »

Half of the forces have moved on from Marble, i scouted it and it seems only the dregs are left, axe throwers and scallywags, might i warn thee all of a dangerous amount of silver serpents are eating everything in their path as well.

the silver drop at this location was sincerely good, out of the 4 farms, i have gotten from 52 silver to 82. lol 18 in one solid days farming also.

keep on the lookout for the next location!

Nathaniel Moorhead + Lord Bonn i will kill you again, but please drop that epic damage hally i know you have ^.^ lol

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Another pirate tunnel has been discovered under Marble Island itself! This one extends through a sunken chamber made entirely of marble that has been long forgotten about. Where does it lead? We have not found out. The first adventurer who makes it through the marble tunnel and past the river of lava is likely to find McPry's treasure vault.

Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Boomland Jenkins wrote: The first adventurer who makes it through the marble tunnel and past the river of lava is likely to find McPry's treasure vault.
I believe that was me, this afternoon, but no vault. I was bummed.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

a nerd wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote: The first adventurer who makes it through the marble tunnel and past the river of lava is likely to find McPry's treasure vault.
Did you make it through the door?
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
a nerd wrote:

No Sir.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

a nerd wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:
a nerd wrote:

No Sir.
I heard you found an interesting method of getting past some of the rooms. You will not be able to progress through the whole tunnel properly without going through each room. They (to some extent) build upon each other. Another clue will be released sometime this week that should make it a bit easier to progress through.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Boomland Jenkins wrote: You will not be able to progress through the whole tunnel properly without going through each room. They (to some extent) build upon each other. Another clue will be released sometime this week that should make it a bit easier to progress through.

So much for my leet haxxors.

I have not been defeated yet, howeva !

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Mid-week clue for McPry's Marble tunnel. This clue will help adventurers make it (without breaking LOS) past the bedroom and into the bar-room. The door at the end of the tunnel will not be passable if you use tricks to skip over a specific room, as you'll be missing a clue necessary to unhinge the door.

"A little smoke can reveal hidden passages in cracked marble."
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Grogor

Post by Grogor »

Got all the way through to the end? There was a door that seemed to lead nowhere, and 3 chests. The one on the south was a puzzle. I solved it finally, and got the treasure: 1k, bag of regs, a +20 heavy xbow and some guarding chain leggings. Sorry, no screenshots... ;]]

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Captain Mcpry is Dead.

I, along with my sidekick Rosie, have penetrated to the furthest ends of the tunnel and beyond.

There we found the bones of the the Captain, and 14 of his crew.

However there were some disturbing discoveries made soon after......

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

This is a true story... The events depicted took place on Marble Island in 2016...

Twas late one evening and I decided to have a looketh around Marble Island... Pirates were recently run off thy lands and perhaps Booty hath been left behind!

Booty indeed! Honey Bunny's that is... I chaseth this wretched wench around thy island of Marble until she grew weary and fell from her steed, crushing her skull on the back of a wizards Keep. "Good" I thought, a fitting fate for a foul scoundrel such as this.

Whilst in pursuit of Honey Bunny I had noticed the rumblings of rowdy Pirates emanating from below the Small Marble Structure... I quickly recalled home to change thy cloths for they were soaked in thy brain juice of thy recently deceased. After I am adorned in my Grand Wizard's Garb, I begin my investigation...

Into thy thy soil of sosaria I go! Down thy marble stairs and into... Wait I feel a change of cloths necessary yet again.. This time I shall wear my trusty Thread's of The Grand Wizard.... Yes much better! Back into the marble underground and into... A PIRATE!!!

I quickly dispatch this mindless scallywag with thy Nightmare of Truth. As my steed feast upon thy face of this pirate, I notice some odd looking switches under the stairs.... the second one from thy left, when flipped, will change back to its original position after a short time. I proceed down thy hallway of thy marble underground and Lo! Switches a plenty! none of which seem to do anything at all! I then see Lord Nokin tending to the wounds of his pet Wyrm....

A fine fellow Lord Nokin is, we decide to accompany one an other onward through the hall. Thy stench of molded ale and pirate arse is growing stronger as we approach a magical gate. One of the ten Pirates of Hawkins, Old Ybarra, stares at us menacingly through the gate as we plot our way through thy passage. "Thy timed switch" I thought, it must be thy key to open this gate.

Indeed! Thy switch worked! I made my way back down thy hall to meet Lord Nokin, by then Old Ybarra had ravaged his poor sweet pet Wyrm... It's corpse bloated from lethal poison.... Eye's melted and dripping from thy very sockets that once held them firm... It's innards displayed generously over the cavern floor... "What savagery".... But alas thy Wyrm of Nokin did not fall without a fight, for Old Ybarra was forced to drop his weapons and retreat.

Onward we go, with thy memory of sweet price Wyrm held fondly in our hearts. We made our way down a marble corridor, past some trick barrels whilst thy Nightmare of Truth filled its glorious belly with more swashbuckler meat. We came across what seemed like four chests at first, but it was quickly discovered that if touched they change thy color! Changing them all to silver will unlock the door at the end of thy corridor and reveal a pirates bedroom.

After searching thy bedroom for what seemed like an eternity we decided to rest and collect our thoughts for the morrow. However, that night I could not sleep for I had thy mind on pirate booty, and pirate booty on thy mind. I ventured over to thy Large Marble Structure to look for any clue that pertains to thy mysterious pirate bedroom. Hark!! I came across a Purple Pirate Pipe that a bumbling buccaneer had surely forgotten.... Or did they?

After spending some quality time with thy Purple Pirate Pipe I decided to feast on fish steaks until I couldn't possibly eat any more! And then a nap fit for a grand wizard was had...

I awoke shirtless with half of my Grand Wizard's Garb on... I must have changed clothing in my stoned stupor... "No matter!" Perhaps I shall take another look at thy pirate bedroom I thought as I lazily sauntered into the depths of thy marble passage. Upon my arrival I noticed the faint lamentation of a hog in heat coming from beyond a cracked portion of the marble wall "How Strange!" I investigated the cracked wall and found a secret path. "Eureka!" The way forward hath been found! As well as a crazed boar and two drunk pirates trading blows...

Thy infamous Nerd hath revealed himself! I found thy Nerd in thy pirates bar room surrounded by eerily naked corpses and a sleeping boar. He was throwing daggers into the center of a target with stunning accuracy! "This man's rouge skills are leet" Three at once he threw then pointed to the door. Thy Nerd had found a secret button behind thy target that triggered thy door to thy smithery! Once inside thy smithery Nerd fiddled with a magic bellows and red hammer in such a way that another door unlocked! "Such cunning!"

Thy next room was cavernous and had a river of lava running though it, thy Nerd and I quickly looted some pirate booty before other adventurers inevitably found their way in. This room was perplexing... Across the wooden bridge was another magical bellows and red hammer as well as a mysterious door. This time the bellows and hammer seemed to do nothing at all. It was here that seemed to mark the end of the line for all wizards involved. We could not advance any further.... Perhaps another good nights rest would bring us an enlightened morrow!

After changing back into my Thread's of The Grand Wizard I decided to have another hoot at thy Large Marble Structure but when I got there I had found all of Sosarias Finest had been consumed... no doubt by myself the night prior. I found thy cunning Nerd inside playing a wonderful tune on a red pipe he called "a pirate call" I asked what he was doing and he told me that this pirate call would unlock thy mysterious door beyond thy wooden bridge in thy lava cavern.

Before venturing onward, I informed thy Nerd of Nerd's that I must quickly change into my Grand Wizard's Garb of which I had lost the shirt to in my unruly state. Into the mysterious door we went, wizard hand in wizard hand. We emerged from the cavern into the lost lands.

"HARK!"

Three more Pirates of Hawkins and their vicious hell dogs were standing guard to a giant contraption that could only be described as "A FRICKEN LASER BEAM CANNON". The Hawkins Pirates put up a good fight but ultimately had to retreat... The Nerd and I looked around in amazement... There seemed to be a massacre here, and Captain Mcpry's remains were laying brittle in the sand. "What had happened here?" It seems Captain Heftimus Mcpry and whatever hired scallywags he had with him have met a grim end. "Mutiny perhaps?"

South of the FRICKEN LASER BEAM CANNON was a gorge filled to the brim with human skulls, whatever had transpired here was a genocide of horrendous proportions. The Nerd and I put two and two together and deciphered that the souls of these victims have been harvested to power this evil machine... But what for?

South East of the gorge we could hear the caterwauling of brigands, we used our magic to teleport closer to get a better look... More pirates of course, and it seems they have set up port for traveling around the lost lands.

It is our duty to inform the citizen's of Sosaria of this impending threat. What is this doomsday machine? Where are the pirates going to next? And who is really at the head of this murderous organization now that Mcpry is nothing but worm food.

Thy Nerd and I quickly gathered all of thy pirate bones we could carry and got thy hell out of there. It was quite the adventure through and through, and despite the impending doom of Sosaria via doomsday lazers.....

I got my self some pretty sweet bones... Perhaps I will build a cage with them.

Last edited by Roser on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a nerd

Post by a nerd »

Excellence.

A Finely spun tale, befitting not only your Bardic prowess, but also your well manicured nails and Tailored Clothes. Freak. :-P

I do need to interject one or two things here.

Firstly: Crazy mad curb-stomp props to RK/Boomland for this puzzle story. It seemed too complicated for many players, but really it just required some time. It was also necessary for me to suspend my usual play style of lone wolf minimalism, and combine forces with another player. It was unique to say the least.

Secondly, I have to share a few moments with UOSA in general. Imagine if you will:

It was day 3 of hammering on this problem - The Immovable, Final, Metal, Damn, Door.
After what seemed to be leaps of progress, small bits of info watching other players from the shadows and actual eureka moments of my own, and Rose's, we had burst thru that Barrier. Here it is! The treasure room !!
Forward we go!
I think: Don't Die. Get the lewts ! What's that? Look at that. Epic! Don't die! Don't let him die! Where's the loot? And we kill some stuff... and we poke around. Don't die! Whats that Dragon doing here? Goddamned silver serpents *points and laughs*. More Pirates. A dock.
We back track. Investigate. Hmm. We are missing something. There is no real loot. Not like what you would expect....
I was logging/switching out characters. Investigating different parts of Britannia. All 3 accounts fired up. Testing ideas. Nothing. Well hmm... Over an hour had passed. We had returned to the initial spot of discovery. "There has to be something else". To avoid the Nates, Ybarras and Bonns, I'm stealthing around on little nerd, my 10HP count giving Hidey-Bard. Drum Solo is over fiddling with the power generator. I'm still elated at our success, but feel let down. I just want a little thing, some memento to prove I was here. Like "McPry's chainmail tunic of defense" or "a pirates cutlass of Arrrr!" Yeah, Yeah,That would be cool.....

I absentmindedly poke at one of the many pirate bones that have decorated this new landscape since we discovered it. "No these are all empty, I checked most of them already", I think to myself. 0 stones, 0 items. See? Waste of time. Meh, maybe I shoul....dammit. Mis-click. The bones are stuck to my finger. I wave it around the screen. I click in my pack to clear the dragslot, Just In Case. A very old habit.

*It drops in*

Wha?? Huh?

It can't be, but it is gone from the ground...AND I CAN MOVE IT AROUND IN MY PACK. It's not lag or an artifact. Try another! A clean Drag/Drop with the rewarding shuffle sound. #2 in my Pack! My brain clicks and stops. Massive Flashbulb.

The landscape is littered with these.

I'm Stunned.

I pause...My brain starts spinning again. I have to tell Him. But, but, but.....almost out of instinct I alt-tab to my IRC window and in extreme haste I send Roser a message:

OHF**KDAM
LOOT THE BONES OFF THE GODDAMN GROUND PICK UP THE FU**ING CUSTOM BONE CONTAINERS .

I instantly get back: lol

Responsibility to partner fullfilled, It's on. A Double click frees them from the ground, into the pack, Stealth, into the pack, step step step, Into the Pack. I have a pile of them. Not 80. Not a couple or a few. A small bunch. More than "some little thing", at any rate.

Lord Bonn whips a pot at Rose as he draws aggro, invises and loots near me. I avoid it, but too close for comfort. One of those kills me. I realize that I have easily over a million gold worth of loot in my pack, on a 10 strength character, no runes, no regs, far far from home.

IT IS TIME TO GO. LOL.

I stealth back to the hole in the wall, pop back thru, it's clear. No people, no spawn. Quickly, I get partially equipped tank nerd to the spot and trade the loot over. KOP to town and Bank ! WOOT !

I counted 6 Bone containers labeled "a pirate's remain". Rose got 8, the nozzle. But yeah.

Not bad for a "Thief", eh?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

lmao, yes it was pretty comical how long those bone containers sat around. Thanks for not lewtin them all without me!

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

And now thanks to Obergefell v Hodges you can finally share your lives together in the bond of marriage.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Mens Rea wrote:And now thanks to Obergefell v Hodges you can finally share your lives together in the bond of marriage.

a nerd wrote:
I, along with my sidekick Rosie, have penetrated...the... ends of the... Captain, and 14 of his crew.

...disturbing......
Rose wrote:lmao... it was pretty... long... bone... Thanks for... them all...!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Return to “Shard Events”