I want to sell gold in exchange for donations to UOSA

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

I want to sell gold in exchange for donations to UOSA

Post by Mens Rea »

It's not illegal

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: I want to sell gold in exchange for donations to UOSA

Post by Mens Rea »

Can I give gold to ppl if the donate to the sherd

FearItself

Post by FearItself »

since it is allowed, or u say so lol, what exchange rate are we talking here? ^^

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

Mens Rea wrote:It's not illegal
Are they becoming that hard up for funds now? Flirting with shutting it down? Or collecting item kickbacks or is this act of a pure hearted soul? ;)
Last edited by ultra on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

ultra wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:It's not illegal
Are they becoming that hard up for funds now? Flirting with shutting it down? Or collecting item kickbacks?
Skillballs and power scrolls.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Mens is code for downs on UOSA
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I just wanna help out. Capitalist will join me in my endeavour. We will give gold for people donating to the shard.

Don't be a scrooge capitalist

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

If this was legal, I would be willing to sell ~100 castle deeds for ongoing donations.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

People shouldn't donate because there is a gold incentive.

People should donate because the staff have put in an amazing effort over 7 years to bring us this shard.

Plz ban girls rea.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Cromwell »

Let's call it like it is. When someone pays money, in exchange for something in return, it becomes a sale, rather than a donation.
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Cromwell wrote:Let's call it like it is. When someone pays money, in exchange for something in return, it becomes a sale, rather than a donation.
If I donate to the Salvation Army donation box and someone sees me doing that and decided to reward me by buying me a coffee, did the Salvation Army sell me a coffee?

Nobody is buying anything if I reward donators with gold.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Bring in 20-30+ new/old/former players would do more for this shard then any amount
of money donated to the shard for which you personally give the donor gold.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Mens Rea wrote:
Cromwell wrote:Let's call it like it is. When someone pays money, in exchange for something in return, it becomes a sale, rather than a donation.
If I donate to the Salvation Army donation box and someone sees me doing that and decided to reward me by buying me a coffee, did the Salvation Army sell me a coffee?
Analogy fail.

Closer to you 'donating' to the Salvation Army on condition that someone 'rewards' you with a coffee. In any case the deal would clearly be between you and the coffee supplier and not the Salvation Army, even if they're a beneficiary.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Rammar wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:
Analogy fail.

Closer to you 'donating' to the Salvation Army on condition that someone 'rewards' you with a coffee. In any case the deal would clearly be between you and the coffee supplier and not the Salvation Army, even if they're a beneficiary.
Be careful Rammar, last time I tried to have a reasonable debate with him, he started talking about lawyers and courts and stuff. You could be putting yourself in a sticky situation....
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Rammar wrote:
Mens Rea wrote:
Analogy fail.

Where did you come up with this 'condition'?

If I, in my discretion, elect to give gold in the game upon noticing that someone has donated to the shard then there is no input from UOSA whatsoever.

I would draw you a diagram but I will not be drawn any further by your disingenuous (at best) or completely ignorant comments.