New player to Second Age, Veteran UO player

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
godmathais

New player to Second Age, Veteran UO player

Post by godmathais »

Hey guys,

Played UO on the Origin servers from about 97-2004 and I played Hybrid about 3 years and Divinity for a while as well. Thinkin about giving second age a try but had a few questions. These questions have probably been answered before but the forum search tool is giving me a headache so I though 1 more time wouldnt hurt...

1. Everytime I log on it says about 340 users online.... Where is everybody? theres nobody at brit bank, nobody at the gy, every once in a while i see somebody. So where is everybody?

2. Where is the pvp at? like i said, there isnt really anybody at brit gy, bucs is also fairly empty, and the dungeons are empty as well. It seems like people only log on for the events and thats it...

3. Ive seen a couple threads about dexxers bein good too, but lets be serious, is this one of those servers that EVERYBODY roles around with tank mages?

4. Are there any roleplaying people? On hybrid, I used to enjoy messin with the savages, orcs, undead, etc...

Thanks guys, I hope I end up enjoying the server and stayin a bit...

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New player to Second Age, Veteran UO player

Post by chumbucket »

1. Everytime I log on it says about 340 users online.... Where is everybody? theres nobody at brit bank, nobody at the gy, every once in a while i see somebody. So where is everybody?

A lot of people have multiple accounts logged in. People rarely just sit at banks unless they are macroing, as thieves are a problem.

2. Where is the pvp at? like i said, there isnt really anybody at brit gy, bucs is also fairly empty, and the dungeons are empty as well. It seems like people only log on for the events and thats it...

No clue. I don't pvp.

3. Ive seen a couple threads about dexxers bein good too, but lets be serious, is this one of those servers that EVERYBODY roles around with tank mages?

No clue. I don't pvp.

4. Are there any roleplaying people? On hybrid, I used to enjoy messin with the savages, orcs, undead, etc...

There is a large and active orc clan. There are at times other roleplay groups as well. I've seen pirates, brigands, knightly do-gooders and even ratmen. I don't know which of these groups are still active, but if you look up the orcs they might give you some direction.

IRC is also an excellent resources if the pvpers aren't spamming it up with OMG U GOT OWNED.

Thanks guys, I hope I end up enjoying the server and stayin a bit...[/quote]

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

godmathais wrote:Hey guys,

Played UO on the Origin servers from about 97-2004 and I played Hybrid about 3 years and Divinity for a while as well. Thinkin about giving second age a try but had a few questions. These questions have probably been answered before but the forum search tool is giving me a headache so I though 1 more time wouldnt hurt...

Thanks guys, I hope I end up enjoying the server and stayin a bit...
1. I usually see 500 people, but it seems lately it has been a bit less, anyways the shard is always getting more accurate and more people are always joining and brining there friends, but as chum said most people don't hang out at Brittian Bank.

3. Dexxers currently aren't a threat but they probably will be after they add in spell delays.

4. Theres roleplaying people and people are always asking for roleplaying guilds, so if there isn't one go ahead and make one!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

most people playing uo are veterans to uo and understand the game, probably wont find many in towns at the bank
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:1. I usually see 500 people, but it seems lately it has been a bit less...

many players are in college and are expecting to graduate or take a bunch of finals. i know i'm not gonna be playing much over the next few weeks because of this.

i actually started playing this server last year after my exams were done, so i would fully expect the server pop to dip for 2-3 weeks and go back up in the first and second week of may when people are finished with school.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Same as posted above, i am done come May 1st and have a ton of work from now until graduation (college) at that point.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

The Bloodrock Orcs are here... URK.

They have a fort and you can find them pretty frequently.

Bring plenty of shiines, gems, and other goodies when you see them. If you fight them, make sure you stock up well too.

Word of advice, ride a Ozzy... horses are food to orcs.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You could probably assume that 1/3 of those people are AFK-macroing, usually at the moonglow zoo or bank, brit bank as well, (incase you want to town kill them). There is usually 500 or so online, and probably 300 or so are unique, but the IRC "!status" command would tell you the exact numbers. There are people scattered about, alot in the dungeon hotspots as well as in/outside/around Destard.

For some crazy reason, Destard is the PvP center.. Sometimes Bucs den, but it's rare. Watch IRC and you will see where people are PvPing.

Yes it is, tank mages everywhere. Dexers are good, probably stronger than the tanks, but because the swing timer does not advance while moving, it is virtually impossible to hit someone while on the run. There are changes in the works on this, and several threads..

Yes, Orcs are the largest, and there is a savage group somewhere, but I have yet to see them. The Orc Fort outside of Compassion is "their" orc fort.

Stormsong
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stormsong »

The Keepers of the Light (KtL) are a somewhat new "good" RP guild with a number of members. We have a town with 13 buildings including a guild bar and tower (both of which need decorating) and some very nice people.

If you are interested, stop by the forums at http://www.thektl.com/forums//index.php and after you register post a note in the Knock Loudly forum. You will be welcomed with open arms.

The Knock Loudly forum is there to block spambots. Sorry about the extra step.
Stormsong
Mistress of the Light
Keepers of the Light (KtL)
http://www.thektl.com/forums