I want to sell gold in exchange for donations to UOSA

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: I want to sell gold in exchange for donations to UOSA

Post by Rammar »

"Post subject: I want to sell gold in exchange for donations to UOSA"
Mens Rea wrote: If I, in my discretion, elect to give gold in the game upon noticing that someone has donated to the shard then there is no input from UOSA whatsoever.
So now you're giving gold upon noticing someone has already donated, and not paying them to 'donate'? Great! I donated a while back, let me know when to meet for your generous reward.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Rammar wrote:"Post subject: I want to sell gold in exchange for donations to UOSA"
Mens Rea wrote: If I, in my discretion, elect to give gold in the game upon noticing that someone has donated to the shard then there is no input from UOSA whatsoever.
So now you're giving gold upon noticing someone has already donated, and not paying them to 'donate'? Great! I donated a while back, let me know when to meet for your generous reward.
The title of the post is merely to arouse the interest of the shard.

Fortunately, my gifts of gold are discretionary and at this time I am hesitant to gift any gold to you.

This may change, however.

Chicanery

Post by Chicanery »

Trolls are clawing away at Mens Rea's testicles.

All he wants to know if he will get banned for encouraging donations by providing in game gold as an incentive/reward.

The administration needs to weigh in to give him a proper answer.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Chicanery wrote:Trolls are clawing away at Mens Rea's testicles.

All he wants to know if he will get banned for encouraging donations by providing in game gold as an incentive/reward.

The administration needs to weigh in to give him a proper answer.
Banned for buying gold and pixels says what?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

Derrick wrote:Soliciting anything on Second age for real currency, or in trade for items of tangible value/expense through the forums, be it public or private communication or in IRC or in-game is not allowed and will result in account termination if discovered.

This is the only statement that will be made on this and further discussion is not encouraged.
seems pretty obvious that not only would an agreement like this be illegal, but also that this thread is a breach of the rules; you're soliciting gold for a tangible value. Derrick's statement covers all circumstances in which gold is offered for anything in real life.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

eggmona wrote:
Derrick wrote:Soliciting anything on Second age for real currency, or in trade for items of tangible value/expense through the forums, be it public or private communication or in IRC or in-game is not allowed and will result in account termination if discovered.

This is the only statement that will be made on this and further discussion is not encouraged.
seems pretty obvious that not only would an agreement like this be illegal, but also that this thread is a breach of the rules; you're soliciting gold for a tangible value. Derrick's statement covers all circumstances in which gold is offered for anything in real life.
I'm not soliciting anything. Thanks for your concern though, layperson.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I donated before, feel free to drop off some gold. Thanks!
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Boondock_Saint wrote:I donated before, feel free to drop off some gold. Thanks!
WTF! Me first.. you can have whats left.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Happy to do so, when I can figure out how to reward people in game for their kindness to the shard.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Mens Rea wrote:
Cromwell wrote:Let's call it like it is. When someone pays money, in exchange for something in return, it becomes a sale, rather than a donation.
If I donate to the Salvation Army donation box and someone sees me doing that and decided to reward me by buying me a coffee, did the Salvation Army sell me a coffee?

Nobody is buying anything if I reward donators with gold.
While we all love analogies, they are in no way the same. That person who bought you coffee didn't post an add saying "donate to salvation army, get a free coffee." You are creating an incentive for donations. If people donated and you decided to reward them great, but that is not whats going on here. The order of actions as you can see is quite important. You have advertised that you will reward for donations which is not the same as someone who likes the shard donating, you find out and say here ya go!

I am sure you can clearly see the difference. I am sure the staff will comment on this as well. If I was a new player who saw a thread like this, I would think the shard is desperate for funds and would think twice about playing here. In fact, this thread would be best moved away from the top and put into trash talk.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Setting the record straight here...

If a player wants to reward others for donating by helping them out (in-game with golds, high-fiving them IRL, following them on Twitter, subscribing to their amazing podcast, etc), that's totally fine and we aren't going to stop anyone from doing that. The one concern I do have is with the language used in this thread's title (sell gold for UOSA donations) is not ideal. I don't think it fully represents what the intent is, then again, this thread has been all over the place with intent vs perceived intent, and that may be part of the concern.

Going to move this thread to player events, as it could be categorized as an on-going player event. I don't think it belongs in Trash Talk or Offtopic.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I hereby declare my intention to give gold to current, confirmed subscribers of UOSA.

Drunk Ninja
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Drunk Ninja »

nm
Last edited by Drunk Ninja on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

If the subscriber list is current, I will begin distributing the gold.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

subscribers only or donors also?