New to the Shard

Topics related to Second Age
Blade Spirit

Re: New to the Shard

Post by Blade Spirit »

Kasper_Valentine wrote:Hey Blade Spirit,

Nice to see some fellow Europa players arriving here (re: the best shard in the known world), I hope you're settling in well. I only recognise one or two of the names you listed from Europa but then I was always more of a roleplayer than a fighter (with the odd theft here and there Image). Nevertheless if you need any help with anything I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Enjoy your stay !
Hey, I'm enjoying it so far.
I almost GMed evalint. Next I'll GM animal lore, then go for taming (wandering about :D).
I really like the feelings I have about this shard. It seems so real!

As for you, who were your char on Europa?
I don't know many roleplayers, but some of them yes.

Thanks WarmApplePie for your hint. :D
I read also that taming chance is a combination of 80% taming 20% lore. So GM lore should help me in taming high end stuff with lower taming. Am I correct?

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

I played Cool UK originally and hung around Deepwater (later changed his name to Kas Valentine). The only other character I played frequently was Valentine but he was in stealth most of the time. Glad to hear the skills are progressing nicely. You're a brave man tackling Taming, I've never gone near that beast in the whole time I've been playing UO, so good luck with it !

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

I'm afraid I don't remember the name...

Anyway, yesterday I was given almost 10k gp between gp and gems.
Thanks to Des Sanct :D

obbatch

Post by obbatch »

Fun to see more Europa players here (If you still play, been a while since this thread was Active) If so, a late welcome! And some love to all old Europa people.

Rick Supercafone was the gm of DJs (Death jesters) right? Always fighting with X Lord Xs guild whatever that was named. Big Pvpers.

I was part of the X-Roads crew back then alongside Irma, Jecko, Chrez DeVour / Riva, Torham Scythe, Lanesra, Lamer and so on.. if that rings any bells.

My name was mostly Nackskott, a thief.

Kasper_Valentine

Riva sounds familiar, unless I'm thinking of Shiva, either way one of them was red !

Nonetheless, good to see other Europa players are still kicking around. Image

Mistero76

Post by Mistero76 »

So many fellows Europeans here!
Didn't expect that... I used to start playing in Europa then moved on Drachenfels.
My main chars were Shandalar, DVX, Boromir il Nero... was in the LoS Guild with Das and Bighelon, then we moved on O/C, was previously in the GoK with Derfel and many othes...
My best friend was Nick, or Nickolas, I know him in RL now but can't remember the UO name ahahahah

So nice to see old names I knew by seeing them or personally, or just met around, it brings me a lot of great memories.

Magi

Post by Magi »

obbatch wrote: Rick Supercafone was the gm of DJs (Death jesters) right? Always fighting with X Lord Xs guild whatever that was named. Big Pvpers.
RiCk was the GM of -7-. They were (as previously stated) always at war with 6I6 ("Invulnerablez"), DJs, /M\, etc.

I was (as my name on here says) Magi. I hung out mostly at Deepwater (dueling outside the large house) and Bucs' Den, and did server wars as often as I could. I was on a 56k modem in the US, so my PvP suffered -- but I ended up becoming great friends with a lot of the guys in guilds like 6I6, DJs, etc.

I really miss my old friends, like DJ MaJeStY, Gamer Legend, SKY-Dexter, Mephiston, Romy LaBelle, etc. I spent some of the most fun nights of my life with those guys, and that's not because I've lived a bad life! Europa in the late '90s and early '00s was just an extraordinary place full of extraordinary people. I'd give anything to have that back.

(Sorry for bumping an ancient thread.)

Feyde
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Feyde »

That's when I played Europa. I was part of a PK guild called PK2 and was heavily into the RP scene (Naeloth, Spiritwood Tavern etc), and was in the Justice Squad (anti-PK pvp guild).

Great times!

Kasper_Valentine

Europa in the late '90s and early '00s was just an extraordinary place full of extraordinary people. I'd give anything to have that back.
Amen to that, glory days so they were.

Naturally I wasn't involved with the PvP scene, but just logging in was an adventure in and of itself; you never knew what the night would have in store. I sorely miss the days when you could arrive at Deepwater/Naeloth/Spiritwood (or countless other player ran zones) and be met by an absolute hive of activity. The sheer volume of players throughout the shard also led to many rich and rewarding encounters as a thief, ah what a life.

As a side note, I lived in Deepwater Mall after Elv'eng passed it on when he departed for greener pastures, but sadly it collapsed a few months back as I was distracted by gaming elsewhere.

Heyho, at least UOSA continues on, literally couldn't be happier here.