Houses with stone floors are not safe- even past 3 tiles?

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Houses with stone floors are not safe- even past 3 tiles?

Post by randale »

The wiki here says that any house with a stone foundation (which someone in another thread told me is wrong- it's the floor inside the house, not the foundation you can see on the outside perimeter of the house) can have spells cast into to kill someone within- NOT limited to three tiles , except if:

1. You have something blocking the line of sight, like brick ovens, but this will not stop explosion potions?

Any videos here on someone house killing someone deep in a house that you know of?

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: Houses with stone floors are not safe- even past 3 tiles

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I'm pretty sure that explosion potions have nothing to do with it, or Archery; I will not say anything further.

I should, however, point you the the stickied-post, by Kaivan, at the very top of this sub-forum: Regarding ... [LOS] ....

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

randale

Post by randale »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:I'm pretty sure that explosion potions have nothing to do with it, or Archery; I will not say anything further.

I should, however, point you the the stickied-post, by Kaivan, at the very top of this sub-forum: Regarding ... [LOS] ....

SS
That post doesn't really tell me everything I need to know. It should start saying that houses with stone floors can be cast into or have explosion potions thrown in beyond three tiles. it assumes you already know this. It talks about "line of sight" meaning that those houses with stone floors can be seen into all the way if not blocked by an object which blocks line of sight. It assumes you already know this, when it should start from the beginning.

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

There is an era accurate bug that allows purple pots to be thrown under the actual house from a certain elevation level (usually by a murderer on a boat, but sometimes even from a hill or elevated space on land!). It can be directed via target relative location in razor to hit the inside of house (actually hitting a space under the house foundation), including the middle tile of a small house that is usually considered safe under normal conditions. I'm not sure if the purple pot can actually hit the middle tile itself, or if it is thrown right next to it, hitting the middle tile with the explosion effect only. I had my characters killed this way and it was only later that I learned how. There is another way of killing someone inside any house regardless of elevation level of the attacker - if the target is within two tiles of the house wall, using target relative location in razor again and using spells with an area effect like chain lightning.

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41923

This thread shows the safe tiles for most houses, towers have no safe tiles ever, castles rarely have safe tiles unless the courtyard is secure (almost never, most castle spots have semi public runes to the inner courtyard)

Houses of any type near significant dips in terrain or coast lines are likely less secure due to folks being able to get under even non stone foundations for targeting.

Edit: keeps have four safe tiles in the center of each floor, those four furthest from outer walls.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

randale

Post by randale »

Elk Eater wrote:viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41923

This thread shows the safe tiles for most houses, towers have no safe tiles ever, castles rarely have safe tiles unless the courtyard is secure (almost never, most castle spots have semi public runes to the inner courtyard)

Houses of any type near significant dips in terrain or coast lines are likely less secure due to folks being able to get under even non stone foundations for targeting.

Edit: keeps have four safe tiles in the center of each floor, those four furthest from outer walls.
Yes, but that post was written before the bug was discovered which lets you

1. Attack someone inside a house with stone inside floor (not foundation, which I want to fix on the wiki) with a spell beyond 3 tiles from the inside wall

2. But, you can not attack someone inside a stone floor house with a spell beyond 3 (or maybe none) tiles if it is blocked with something that blocks line of sight, like a stone oven- (in towers you can only place them on the roof)

3 But you CAN attack someone inside a stone floor house with an explosion potion anywhere in a stone-floor house even if it is blocked with something that blocks line of sight, like a stone oven

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Also, if your house is placed with brambles or a stone under it, that can be targeted. At least it used to be able to...I haven't played for quite awhile but I can thank Capitalist for showing me that one.