Old Newcomer

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Mistero76

Old Newcomer

Post by Mistero76 »

Greetings everyone I was looking for an old style UO shard and I came here after some researches... Some shard has too many innovations, some other is purely GdR, some other is only PvP... I started to play UO in 1996, probably one of the first account here in Italy, and stopped when the orrible 3d acme out, with all those horrific different resistances and so on. But now, maybe, it's time to start over, reviving glorious days of the past (errm... youth, to be honest.) Time will not be as much as before (two children and -mainly- a wife) don't allow it. But I hope to meet u all in game soon, hoping not to loose patience in the training process... (I had to start over TOO many times, and I am quite frightened by this, to be honest.) Sorry for the long post, any hint/tip is welcome!

P.S I am Italian, so please forgive my eventual language errors ;)

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Old Newcomer

Post by Soma »

Welcome to UOSA.

For starters I'd suggest making a bard, start with 60 int/10 str/10 dex and 50 magery/50 provoke.
Buy a shepherds crook and macro herding/snooping until you have 80+ str/dex.
Macro musicianship to GM while doing eval or hiding at the same time.

Once you get GM music (and 50 provo) you have a 50% chance to provoke any monster in the game, go nuts in low/mid level spawns to farm up gold.

While your bard is macroing it's worth creating another account/char to farm bandages from sheep/cotton, use the bandages to heal characters while they fight to gain combat skills like swords/wrestling/tactics etc.

Good luck.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Welcome to Second Age!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Chunco
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Chunco »

Welcome! If you have any questions or need any help feel free to reach out. A private message here on the forums would be the best way but I am often in the IRC channel as well same name as here.

Enjoy the nostalgia and safe travels!

Mistero76

Post by Mistero76 »

Thank you everyone, I am starting with some harsh time but I hope to be on my feet soon :)
For now, I'm starting to train music and peace, after I will see to organize better... need some time without children AND wife ahahahah

Punishing Ken

Post by Punishing Ken »

Welcome to the best shard! I'm Russian :)

Orphea

Post by Orphea »

Welcome xD You Shot Right way !!!! Enjoy

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Soma wrote: . . .start with 60 int/10 str/10 dex and 50 magery/50 provoke . . .
I'd start with 50 meditation/ 49 magery.

Remember, stat gains (str,dex,int) come the fastest when the skill your using to gain it is at 0. So hang around brit bank and beg for gold untill you have enough to buy up random skills untill your at 700(EXCEPT HERDING and COOKING). Then macro cooking or herding to gain stats quickly.

Cheers
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

Welcome!

I'd be happy to help you set up fighters/paladins to get melee skills worked. I am also happy to help write razor macros for you if you need the help. I love building characters. (I won't be around much this week, however).

I'd suggest a tank/bard as your first character, it is the cheapest.

100 music, provocation, tactics, melee choice, anatomy, healing.
60 Margery, 40 med.

You can have 3 accounts, and can use them at the same time. I recommend to use the IRC chat function, it will help get any questions answered quickly, and we can link you forum posts, like guides and such. These forums have so much knowledge...

-Fox
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Fox wrote:Welcome!

I'd be happy to help you set up fighters/paladins to get melee skills worked. I am also happy to help write razor macros for you if you need the help. I love building characters. (I won't be around much this week, however).

I'd suggest a tank/bard as your first character, it is the cheapest.

100 music, provocation, tactics, melee choice, anatomy, healing.
60 Margery, 40 med.

You can have 3 accounts, and can use them at the same time. I recommend to use the IRC chat function, it will help get any questions answered quickly, and we can link you forum posts, like guides and such. These forums have so much knowledge...

-Fox
Just noticed this post is a year old . . .
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

Hahaha oops!

...well my offer still stands, to him and other new players.
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP