Hi, everybody! Let's get voting!

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
SighelmofWyrmgard

Hi, everybody! Let's get voting!

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I know I'm not the only person who votes, but I can see from the polls that not everyone votes, or votes very often.

I'm asking for (more) members to vote (more often)!

c.f.Derrick's links to shard-voting sites.

EDIT: List UO is not included in the above list, but we can vote there, too.
ALSO, GameZoneTop100

Anyone who votes once/day is definitely doing her/his duty!

SS
Last edited by SighelmofWyrmgard on Tue May 10, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Dudekisser

Re: Hi, everybody! Let's get voting!

Post by Dudekisser »

Good call. I'll do my part and vote daily.

Side note, should this be in "community development" rather than "player run events"?

SighelmofWyrmgard

I've noticed a significant difference in most of the numbers. Participants know who they are.

I had a couple of reasons for placing this here, but I have no objections to any admins moving it.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

I have voted every day since I first saw this thread on the top 4 and the bottom 2. I have voted the past 2 days on the 3rd from the bottom. The 4th from the bottom seems like a problem so I stay away.

I think everyone should do this once a day...

SighelmofWyrmgard

Thanks to all who participate.

At this time I will explain why it was that I decided to attempt to 'organise an event' here, because the inspiring circumstance has occurred again:

at least some of these sites reset their vote-counts, roughly every 2-3 weeks, or maybe a month, and yet certain shards always seem to have 100s of votes on certain of these sites; I can't insist upon any foul-play (although I have heard some rumours tossed-around among the JustUO and ServUO discussion communities), but it does seem as if a few of these sites do not supply representative and/or unbiased feedback (on one site, just the other day votes-for had been re-set, and yet Second Age had already accrued more than a dozen votes-against).

There is no weapon against unethical practices in an unregulated environment, but a demonstration of persistent solidarity from our membership will do much to alleviate any damage, and keep UOSecondage in prominence.

Again, thanks to all participants.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Just an FYI, I got us added to ServUO's voting list. I am also going to go through the "Voting post" by Derrick (linked in the OP for this thread) and give it an update/overhaul as it's been a long time since it was updated and at least one banner show CTF claiming it's somehow "the way it was" which we know is entirely inaccurate and mis-represents what we're trying to do.

ServUO voting/listing is here, https://www.servuo.com/shards/UO%20Seco ... 89/details
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Say, Boomland Jenkins, I was rolling through ServUO about a week ago, and was surprised to find our listing: I must have found it just minutes after you had set it up; I don't see any way to vote there, however (of course, maybe I just missed it).

Announcing UOSA at playuo might be a good idea, too.

Otherwise, I stumbled over another shard-list that isn't in Derrick's list and (so far as I can see) is active:

List UO (the voting button is on the right side of the page)

To all voters, carry on!

SS

P.S. Admins, would someone add List UO to Derrick's list?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

SighelmofWyrmgard

Here's another one:

GameZoneTop100

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Here's another one:

GameZoneTop100

SS
Gives me two options Enter without Voting and Enter and vote. Clicked enter and vote not sure if it counted. Also yeah one of the websites in Derricks list kinda goes haywire with pop-ups, I closed my browser because of it.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Just an FYI, I got us added to ServUO's voting list. I am also going to go through the "Voting post" by Derrick (linked in the OP for this thread) and give it an update/overhaul as it's been a long time since it was updated and at least one banner show CTF claiming it's somehow "the way it was" which we know is entirely inaccurate and mis-represents what we're trying to do.

ServUO voting/listing is here, https://www.servuo.com/shards/UO%20Seco ... 89/details
My browser wont let me load this page. Says this site cant provide a secure connection. Anyone else have this issue?

SighelmofWyrmgard

Nickodemuse wrote:
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Here's another one:

GameZoneTop100

SS
Gives me two options Enter without Voting and Enter and vote. Clicked enter and vote not sure if it counted. Also yeah one of the websites in Derricks list kinda goes haywire with pop-ups, I closed my browser because of it.
"Enter and Vote", and you will vote, just like the Join UO page.
Nickodemuse wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:Just an FYI, I got us added to ServUO's voting list. I am also going to go through the "Voting post" by Derrick (linked in the OP for this thread) and give it an update/overhaul as it's been a long time since it was updated and at least one banner show CTF claiming it's somehow "the way it was" which we know is entirely inaccurate and mis-represents what we're trying to do.

My browser wont let me load this page. Says this site cant provide a secure connection. Anyone else have this issue?
I think you have to be a member at ServUO to use any voting feature: I haven't bothered to sign up, so I don't know (maybe I should and update this ...); I couldn't uncover any means for visitors to vote.

As for the browser problem you are experiencing, Nicko, it might be due to how your browser is configured to handle cookies. Off-hand, I can't think of anything else.

Thanks, btw, for your own efforts: I've seen an incredible jump in our votes at UOGateway! Congrats!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

I just updated Derrick's post, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=95&p=319

It has a finer curated list of voting sites and I removed banners that displayed the old event system.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Boomland Jenkins wrote:I just updated Derrick's post, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=95&p=319

It has a finer curated list of voting sites and I removed banners that displayed the old event system.
Say, Boom, you failed to include this one:

GameZoneTop100

I captured the voting-gateway page, as Derrick had done with the JoinUO page: voting votes for UOSA.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

I skipped GameZoneTop100 because it's really not a great voting site and instead of displaying all the options (I removed a few others), I decided to only focus on the better of the sites.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Return to “Player Run Events”