The Daily Planet - Issue #2 (SCBA Contest Entry)

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Daily Planet - Issue #2 (SCBA Contest Entry)

Post by Clark_Kent »

The Daily Planet Issue #2, Page 1

Greetings Citizen! I'm Clark Kent, chief editor of The Daily Planet! I'd like to welcome you all to this weeks exciting feature edition. This week, we have been invited into the heart of the association known only as the "Kingdom of Britannia Public Ordinance Enforcement Committee." This team of dedicated citizens devote their skills to the well being of the fellow citizens of Britannia, as well as Sosaria as a whole--according to their charter, as recited by their spokesman who had the following to comment:
"Greetings Citizen! I'm Clark Kent, liaison of the Kingdom of Britannia Public Ordinance Enforcement Committee!
I'd like to welcome you all to this weeks exciting documentary. This week, I have invited the Daily Planet to ride along with us as we demonstrate what we're all about! Our team of dedicated citizens have devoted their skills to the well being of the fellow citizens of Britannia, as well as Sosaria as a whole."
FEATURE CONTINUED ON PAGE 2

After my meeting with this KBPOEC spokesperson and his reciting of his somewhat delusional diatribe, he had pressing business to attend to, but scheduled for me to meet with some of his associates in Vesper later in the week. I myself had pressing business to attend to as well, and just as I was about to get my affairs in order and head out the door, I was greeted by a frantic knock at my door. We were not currently open for office hours, but this man seemed in urgent need of aide. He introduced himself as Gatsu and recounted a tail of home invasion by the infamous Little Dirty. This news caught my attention, as I had just come across a gentleman answering hails to that same name just one evening prior. I remember exactly how the moment went down--unfortunately my photographer wasn't available to photograph this event--It was evening time in Skara Brae, and I came across a gentleman overburdened by a bag stuffed to the brim with glowing weapons and armor. I of course, was immediately suspicious of this individual and asked him in the name of the KBPOEC that he show documentation for such a large armory. Instead of replying, he tactlessly hurled insults and hastened his pace! In disbelief, I acted quickly and forcedly demanded that he hand over his runebooks to me as collateral to show documents proving ownership of previously mentioned items within a timely manor (as per P.O. dc7-y, article IV). Well apparently (as was evident from Little Dirty's failure to appear at the Skara Brae guard barracks later that evening), Little Dirty, according to this man Gatsu, did not, in fact, have proper ownership over that small arsonal of weaponary--it was, in fact, Gatsu's (who did have proper documents, mind you) and that he had been a victim of home invasion by Little Dirty! Gatsu had managed to (through underworld contacts, no doubt) procure the whereabouts of nearly all of his stolen goods, and managed to track down his lost runebooks to the humble KBPOEC. The KBPOEC spokesperson (who wished to remain anonymous and refused to identify the enforcer pictured) provided the following images of this noble bounty hunt:

We here at the Daily Planet commend both the KBPOEC's vigilance as well as Gatsu's heroic effort to reclaim what was rightfully his! With the rash of home invasions recently, the KBPOEC had the following tip to share with our readers:

Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Daily Planet - Issue #2 (SCBA Contest Entry)

Post by Clark_Kent »

The Daily Planet Issue #2, Page 2

Feature on the KBPOEC
At our first meeting with the Kingdom of Britannia Public Ordinance Enforcement Committee we were introduced to the charming Matron de Winter. Matron informed us that today he was responding to reports of an unattended macroer spotted near the Vesper bank. As we journeyed to the location, he explained to me that this was a relatively common violation of public ordinance 22-b and that depending on the particular macro being used, it varied in punishment. Upon arrival at the scene of the violation, we attempted to alert the user of his violation, to no avail:

The second call that Matron took was a complaint of dragons at Skara Brae bank. We arrived at the bank and Matron quickly took to crowd control and attempted to calm the frightened citizens:

Meanwhile, Clark found the violator's to be unresponsive to his request to view permits for the restless dragons, as they would only converse in French. Clark mustered what little French he could, but ultimately found the members of QC to be uncooperative and the KBPOEC unit took action:

FEATURE CONTINUED ON PAGE 3

Hemporer Banned! ChoppaX Returns!
Sensation abound on The Second Age this week! Citizens in a whirl over the historical moment in which Derrick bans hemporer! Derrick cites that hemporer's continued lack of respect and disregard for social tact led to this decision. Citizens had mixed responses, ranging from disbelief to declaring that it had been a long time coming. Some opportunists cheered in hopes of wonderous loot in the form of mismatched outfits that they hoped to find in the soon-to-be-IDOC that was hemporer's tower, but alas, with the banning came the deletion of the tower and no loot was to be had. Better luck next time Citizens!

In other news, this week heralded in the return of ChoppaX to the world of Second Age. These citizens (alleged to be Finesse and Yomega) had the following to say:

I was able to get in touch with ChoppaX and here is what the humble fellow had to offer The Daily Planet:
[18:46] <Clark_Kent> Would you like to comment on your return to T2A for the Daily Planet?
[18:46] <ChoppaX> What would you like to know?
[18:46] <Clark_Kent> What were your reasons for returning?
[18:47] <ChoppaX> There is no other game that has pvp like UO
[18:47] <ChoppaX> every new game that has come out has been a disappointment.
[18:47] <Clark_Kent> There has been speculation between the strange timing for your return, right as hemperor has left. What do you say about these speculations?
[18:48] <ChoppaX> It was mainly due to the new guild -F- talking trash on the forums.
[18:48] <ChoppaX> That prompted me playing again.
[18:48] <Clark_Kent> Fair enough! Thanks for your time, ChoppaX!
[18:48] <ChoppaX> No problem.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

The Daily Planet Issue #2, Page 3

Feature on the KBPOEC
On our final day with the KBPOEC, we were introduced to a gentleman by the name of Ireland's Finest and the following scene unfolded in downtown Vesper:

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

Well done good sir! I look forward to future articles!
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Bravo! Very well done.

Also, will you be publishing any sort of list of ordinances so we may know which to cite when reporting law-breaking? :lol:

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Safir, Daily Planet reader wrote:The Daily Planet fills all my needs for gossip and news, the "Trash Talk" at the tavern is getting old and it's more drunken old farts complaining than actual information. I pick up The Daily Planet whenever I can, the best news in all of Britannia!

Wappness
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wappness »

Where might one find the articles and codes this fine shard? Maybe we should request books of intrest to be sold by town criers. What did this world do before all this fine reporting. I for one had a cousin put to death for unlawful marco in a bank. Had I known the law
I would have never asked him to join the people of Trinsic. Keep up the fine work and can not wait for the next addion. One request for you Clark, this guy name Chumbucket seems to be well known, any way one might be able to get an interview with this chap. He My IDOL.

Thanks again.
Wappness the low life bard.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”