Combat changes on Test shard

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Combat changes on Test shard

Post by Anarcho »

The following changes are currently applied to Test shard:
  • Debuffs and damaging spells interrupt 100% of the time
  • There is no longer a recast delay when you have been interrupted while casting
  • The range check on archery weapons is no longer a 3D one - Z axis is ignored
You can connect to Test shard by changing the server address in Razor to test.uosecondage.com

It may be down at times, but should be up more often than not throughout this week.

Feedback and discussion is more than welcome, but at this time I believe all of these changes to be based in accuracy.

Capitalist

Re: Combat changes on Test shard

Post by Capitalist »

What exactly is the point of this? Era accuracy? A play shard to split population?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

In accordance with the shard's name, it's for testing proposed changes before they go live.

Whilst I believe these changes to be accurate based on what we know, "it feels right" is always a nice extra layer of confidence, as well as this provides a space to discuss (and perhaps, debate) the proposed changes with any other information that others may have to bring forward.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

So you're all for creating a major change and testing it for a short period of time without providing any details of era accuracy as per the standard of UOSA for 9 years and 4 months?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

viewtopic.php?p=550904#p550904

There are several other threads over the years regarding this, but that link is sufficient.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Archery range was broken in an update to melee weapons years ago, very nice to see a reversal on that.

The removal of the interruption casting delay was taken from multiple sources. (alpha and omega test, plus whatever else)

Spell interruption has been on the table for many years as well, good to see it going through.

Vega, maybe re-visit the (old) conversation about this before spouting off.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Cool changes, had a play around on test... the spell delay change makes gheal spam a bit easy though...
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Soma wrote:Cool changes, had a play around on test... the spell delay change makes gheal spam a bit easy though...
Agreed. Overall it feels less clunky than it did, but the ability to spam GHeal is too easy. I think an added .25 delay tick would make the difference.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned