Where the hell is everyone?

Topics related to Second Age
crappled

Re: Where the hell is everyone?

Post by crappled »

smokybarnable wrote:I love it here...I'll be playing more now that I decided that Shroud of the Avatar sucks. I'm a loner anyway so I don't care what the population is. The current administration is great, but I agree the server took a hit a few years back when the admin pulled a vanishing act and Telemons bots were running rampant. This is a genius game and I haven't found any new games that can hold a candle to it...they are all eye candy.
Yeah I fell for that Shroud of the Avatar trap too. That game is such a pile of garbage it makes you wonder how Richard Garriott could even be responsible for both UO and SotA..

TacoSupreme

Post by TacoSupreme »

crappled wrote:
smokybarnable wrote:I love it here...I'll be playing more now that I decided that Shroud of the Avatar sucks. I'm a loner anyway so I don't care what the population is. The current administration is great, but I agree the server took a hit a few years back when the admin pulled a vanishing act and Telemons bots were running rampant. This is a genius game and I haven't found any new games that can hold a candle to it...they are all eye candy.
Yeah I fell for that Shroud of the Avatar trap too. That game is such a pile of garbage it makes you wonder how Richard Garriott could even be responsible for both UO and SotA..
Garriott wasn't responsible for UO. Raph Koster was. Dick Garriott was too busy getting Ultima IX lost in development hell to have anything to do with UO.

When he did take a more active role in UO we got Trammel because stealing is mean and stuff.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Got sucked into Shroud of the Avatar for a couple of years and have given up on it.

Came back here today to play for the first time in a LOOOOONG time and these things happened:

- went to find marked favorite vendor spots from a couple of years ago and ALL of them (a dozen or so) are gone
- ran into a red somewhere in the wild, and got that old adrenaline rush that I NEVER got playing Shroud of the Avatar
- placed a tower within minutes of looking for a spot - what the heck?
- aside from a few people at the Brit bank, ran into nobody else while playing all over the map for a couple of hours
- found that vendors are nearly non-existent, the only concentration of vendors I found were in Yew and they were pretty lame

Still love UOSA, but sure is empty

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Its really not empty. The economy is a bit shot though. Either way, we have ongoing events and daily events now. This is where you'll find most people. I still kill things.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

I still love uo but the lack of pop has kept me away, I know we all love t2a rules but maybe for the good of the server a few rule changes would be back some life? small things like vendor inventory spawn and one house per account, remove limits on stables, variable spawn rates. keep pvp mechs the same.

I already have everything i could ever need here but new players will find getting regs and stuff a pain. also i notice when i come back and play for a few hours that dungeons aren't easy for newbs from the large amount of spawn in the 'easy' levels.

t2a is a boring era without other players, fishing/tmaps/hunting etc is very boring and too easy. I think adding the CTF / SA etc is great but just too late. UO is old and it's hard to get young players to join, a lot of old gamers have jobs/family/hobbies that take over so i don't expect much new blood to join UO in general and who are left are spread over the servers with more things to do.

The fact that uo still has any players after 20 years is a testament to how many people it connected to and made such a impression on their memories.

Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kriav »

I was here when the pop was high. I was a part a guild S0A . It was a blast. I learned so much about the game.

I am back now. While it is disappointing to see no one at west brit bank like there was. but still see a couple people who never left.

There is no reason why this pop cant pop. lol I have been pk'ed a couple of times. But they I look at it , I am finishing off my chars. experimenting. I know id pulled some noob crap like getting killed by the dragons in destard. I wasnt carefully watching my health . So I had to do that UO walk of shame back to britain once again. But I remember how years ago my first char a dexxer was decimated I had nothing no house , there no NEW guild etc. I found a yew grave yard. and killed skeletons. and slowly but surely got back up then I was in airs shame in no time. with armor again.

I am taking the time to figure the best hot key config. and regs arent a problem now I am recalling to all the mage shops. clearing them out. .

I was never a PvPer. But I healed my guildmate while he was killing reds. But now perhaps since they are not really irunning in packs (remember the commedians?) I can learn one on one.

I am having fun and people make it fun. but I am enjoing the simple carefree tasks that dont necessarily involve others.