Less than GM lockbox? But more than 50/50!

Buying/Selling Everything Else

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Khirsah

Less than GM lockbox? But more than 50/50!

Post by Khirsah »

Looking to buy a lockbox that's crafted higher than 50/50, but something less than GM. Is there one on a vendor anywhere? Tried looking around Yew, but couldn't find one.

My lockpicking skill (real) is stuck at 74.4. For some reason it won't go higher but I can't pick a GM box yet. Hoping for something to get me through this weird in-between phase.

Thanks!

PluckyDuck

Re: Less than GM lockbox? But more than 50/50!

Post by PluckyDuck »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Lockpicking

> You will need a box crafted by a 50carp/50tinker character until 76 skill then you may switch to a GM crafted box until 95

Let your macro run longer.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

I agree with Plucky... I only had three boxes to get to 95 lockpicking...
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

There might be some misunderstanding here, comparing (real, trained) skill with total (stat-modified) ability.

Depending on your Dexterity, real skill 74.4 will give you a higher ability; at a 100 Dex, I think this is 76.0 ability.

Difficulty is based on stat-modified ability, not (only) "real, trained" skill: once you can't fail, you can no longer earn skill at that same level of difficulty; if your ability is >= 76.0, it's probably time to use GM boxes.

It's been a long, long time since I trained my lockpicker. I'm guessing you're ready for GM boxes, but expect to fail a lot, and to destroy a lot of lockpicks.

If you need a lot of lockpicks, I've got a big stack I'd be willing to sell.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Khirsah

Post by Khirsah »

I looked at that Wiki before, and saw this line:

"Note: On a "50/50" box, you will not gain lockpicking past 74.4 "Real" skill.". With 13 Dex, my real skill is 75.2 So it seems like I don't have enough to pick GM yet?

I tried running my macro overnight, and still no gains. I guess I'll create another 50/50 box just to make sure. But for whatever reason, the 3 box method doesn't seem to work for me. Could be doing something wrong I guess.

SighelmofWyrmgard: I'd buy some lockpicks off of you! Looking for like 2k of them.

PluckyDuck

Post by PluckyDuck »

Worst case scenario, there are a ton of chests in inns and dungeons that you can pick until you get to 76, I believe I have only ever used a 50/50 and a 100/100 to get to 94.9, but I also locked my dex at 10 and put on some plate to drop it further.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Make sure you have your skill pointed up. If you're at 700 skill points total, make sure you have a different skill pointed down...
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:Make sure you have your skill pointed up. If you're at 700 skill points total, make sure you have a different skill pointed down...
This, maybe, is a good catch.

Otherwise @ Khirsah: with only 13 Dex (74.4 skill / 75.2 ability) you should still be able to gain from 50/50 boxes, so far as I can imagine; I can't think of any reason why you should need a "transition" box halfway between 50/50 & GM (whatever all I don't remember, I DO remember that I only ever used those two types of boxes to get to 95.0 ability).

Re: selling lockpicks, I'll happily sell 2K, but @ end-user prices (10gp ea.); 20K to me in 1 hit, or 240gp one-hundred-times over (24K) to buy from NPC shopkeepers; neither the ingots consumed nor my time were ever free. PM me, here in Forums, if you retain interest.

Good Luck.

SS

EDIT:
P.S. What failure messages do you get from GM boxes?
SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

advanced1
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by advanced1 »

Here is a link for a great Lock Picking guide.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27998&hilit=lockpick+guide
YewFriends wrote: Dont worry versair outside of evil people like Orni and Krypt theres alot of good in the game. Need anything hit me up.

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

If you're still running into trouble let me know, i think I have a set of boxes saved made from different tinker levels. You can use them, locked down, within my keep, or something. Message me here or on discord!
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Return to “Other”