Mount refresh patch...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Keep [r or kill it with fire?

Keep it
38%
Kill it
62%

Total votes: 29

vintirex

Mount refresh patch...

Post by vintirex »

"A new command has been added to help bridge the learning gap for new players: "refreshmount" or "r" will attempt to dismount your current mount, say "all follow me" and remount to refresh stamina."

This, to me, seems against the UOSA mission statement. While I understand that mount stamina is a frustrating thing for new players, era accuracy is also a large part of bringing new players here.

What do you guys think?

Look forward to ethy beetle in next years anniv bag.

Capitalist

Re: Mount refresh patch...

Post by Capitalist »

No newbie/retard friendly Occlo trammel newbie zone shit will fly. Era accuracy or die.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

you guys just mad cause it will make it easier for nubs to get away from you :)

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Grofus wrote:you guys just mad cause it will make it easier for nubs to get away from you :)
Two words

Era
Accuracy
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Open up paypal transactions then. That was very ERA accurate and we cant do that.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

If they're using a horse(which this works for) it won't help them get away. It does take actions off of razor, but to me anything with "[" in front of it doesn't belong here(that has to do with actual gameplay)

TacoSupreme

Post by TacoSupreme »

Kill it.

WTF did this even come from? Out of nowhere it seems. This isn't at all Era Accurate.

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

First and foremost, polls don't matter, but I'm happy to entertain reasoned posts here.

The complaint originally brought to me in Discord was that this is a mechanic and/or messing with mechanics. This simply does what a Razor macro would do, and it abides by the object delay. This command can easily mess up an action queue, I see it as performing worse than a Razor macro would.

The mechanics involved are mount stamina, mount stamina refresh bug (follow command) and the action delay.

It was introduced as a convenience and compromise to the immediate turn off that some 10 minute old players face when they realise they have to learn to how make a macro just to walk their horse 50 tiles. It's not something I imagined would be used by more experienced players, as it's not built into Razor and brings the possibility of Razor getting stuck in a queue mess.

This is not a mechanic change at all. The only advantage introduced is the advantage of convenience, I'm happy to debate whether that is appropriate or not - I originally thought of this as an innocent feature that would help bridge the learning gap for new players on what is one of the most complex and unforgiving MMO experiences out there.

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

One could argue that it would be more beneficial to a new player to build proficiency in using razor and putting that information in a more easily accessible manor is better for long term success.

If era accuracy is our goal, using runuo commands is not era accurate at all.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

vintirex wrote:One could argue that it would be more beneficial to a new player to build proficiency in using razor and putting that information in a more easily accessible manor is better for long term success.
Agree with this. Maybe have it as part of a new player FAQ sticky or something. It's a simple enough macro to make.

You know very well carebear stuff doesn't fly here :)

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

If we are going to be strict enough to keep era accurate horse stamina, why just build in a workaround?

We should put the focus on educating new players if this is that much of an issue. "Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach him to fish and never see him on the weekends."

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

uhm you can do it while hidden???? the horse is seen but you saying "all follow me" does not reveal you. I hate it, NO training wheels in UO!

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Happy Gilmore wrote:uhm you can do it while hidden???? the horse is seen but you saying "all follow me" does not reveal you. I hate it, NO training wheels in UO!
That would be a bug, thanks for the report.

This will be fixed after server restart.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

I think we should add in another serverside hotkey macro:

[regs

It's difficult to set up your own afk reg buying macro, go look at the instructions, it's outlandish. A new player would never be able to accomplish that.

New players need regs in bulk and the only way to get them is to either buy them yourself (difficult with the era accurate reg limits) or from other players (price gouging)

So [regs should just put your char into an automatic mage shop to mage shop recall buying/banking pattern.

We shouldn't make the difficulty of razor macros a barrier to entry to enjoying UOSA.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I've set this up on 16 accounts.