Skipping the crosshairs- casting directly after targeting

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Skipping the crosshairs- casting directly after targeting

Post by randale »

I have this PM from GI Joe from a while back, the top line is from me quoted from a previous PM.

But, this is wrong. For example. I have the number 3 for target nearest murderer, and Alt-V to cast Greater Heal, but when I do this, hit 3 and then alt-v a the crosshairs/targeting cursor comes up, this is what I want to skip. Someone else suggested having a macro like this

This doesn't work either. Making the macro requires me to cast it on something, then change the absolute target to last target, take out the wait, but still the crosshairs come up. There is one way I can do this that is easier, but not as fast, which is to bring up the name bar of the toon, then click the spell on that when the crosshairs come up. That will save me the trouble of having to cast the crosshairs on a moving target, but hitting the hotkey, then hitting the spell button and it casting on them would still be better.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Skipping the crosshairs- casting directly after targetin

Post by Mens Rea »

There's a cue target and clear cued target function isn't there?

randale

Post by randale »

Mens Rea wrote:There's a cue target and clear cued target function isn't there?
literally? There's no target hotkey for "cue target" but maybe it's called something else, I have last target, set last target, etc, nothing for cue target in razor?

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

randale wrote:
literally? There's no target hotkey for "cue target" but maybe it's called something else, I have last target, set last target, etc, nothing for cue target in razor?
I think it's an option, not a hotkey/macro.

randale

Post by randale »

Mens Rea wrote:
randale wrote:
I think it's an option, not a hotkey/macro.
Someone is telling me this will work, but I haven't tried it.

1.) use the set target hotkey on your opponent, or simply bring up their hotbar and click it once
2.) Use a hotkey for a spell, such as explosion
3.) After the targeting cursor appears, hit the last target button and it will fire the spell at your opponent.

And, Yes...........I see Queue Last Target and Target Self under the options, and it is NOT checked. I wonder when it is the above method will work. His checkbox for that wasn't checked.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Regarding your macro, there is an algorithmic error: between "Cast ..." and "Execute ..." you need to insert the line, "Wait for Target"; the macro fails because the macro has already attempted to "Execute Last Target" before the spell has even finished casting.

Beware: this kind of macro could easily backfire in PvP ...

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.