Loot Table

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Soulbreak

Loot Table

Post by Soulbreak »

Can we get the loot table looked at. The invis items and reflect items seem fine, but the weapons are totally messed up now.

1325 items IDed 9 weapons are power. one was vanq. of the 10 2 were +10 tactics. nothing higher.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Orphea

Re: Loot Table

Post by Orphea »

hey, same. LvL 4 dungeon chests are so slow :/ no good weps, no more charged jevelry. not good.....

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

These stats are meaningless unless we know from the OP what he was hunting. I could kill 1325 wombats (and I regularly do) and nary a single vanq weapon, go figure.

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

Budner wrote:These stats are meaningless unless we know from the OP what he was hunting. I could kill 1325 wombats (and I regularly do) and nary a single vanq weapon, go figure.
They were lvl 5 t-maps from what i heard. May have been a few lvl 4, but I believe they were all lvl 5.
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Werther

Post by Werther »

By 1325 items, do you mean 1325 weapons or was there other stuff mixed in? Just asking for clarity...

Werther

Post by Werther »

Double post, sorry.
Last edited by Werther on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Budner wrote:These stats are meaningless unless we know from the OP what he was hunting. I could kill 1325 wombats (and I regularly do) and nary a single vanq weapon, go figure.
I'd agree here with Budner. Soulbreak, please confirm where you received these items from.

We've already heard a number of complaints about loot tables. No one likes change, no one likes "not getting anything good" but that alone isn't enough to call for change.

Was the Summer 2017 update needed? Absolutely. Was the change a bit too harsh? Perhaps - from the sounds of it, I would agree. I would want to do some internal tests myself to see how it goes. People who are discontent with something are always louder than those who are not, so I am not shocked that some people are vocal about the change.

My guess is there's a middleground to be found with loot tables.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

I'm an active lockpicker/treasure hunter and I've noticed this "slight" change. I'm burning up all my id wand charges and barely getting any reflect/invis/tele/invuln/fort/power/vanq. I know the chances have always been slim but now they are extremely rare to get a nice item. I believe this to be positive in a way that everyone isn't running around with leet gear all the time and hoarding chests upon chests of top shelf gear which some already have, also it adds to the thrill of the hunt when you finally do find a nice item. As a avid weapons/armor/items/ seller it helps the prices go up when selling which is good even though you have less to offer. I think its ok to lower the rates but imo I think they have been lowered a tad too much. Either way, I have still been finding the good stuff but after 6 level 5 maps and 2 hours of str8 level 5 lockpicking chests id like a little more than a bag full of nighteyes/cursed items and maybe a couple pieces of quality gear. getting a nice hally or fencing weapon seems even harder to find. I don't take weapons from low level monsters or chests because I believe there isn't any chance of getting a nice weapon or item that way even though I have found a reflect item in a low level chest one time, I can see that the weapons are pretty crappy every time I id them from these origins which is fine. I don't think the level of treasure map affects the quality of weapons or items obtained but pretty sure lower level monsters and chests do. Another interesting thing I've noticed is I think with level 5 maps the number of charges seems much higher on certain pieces and there may even be a chance to get "charged" armor. I once pulled a invulnerable plate chest piece with reflect charges on it no lie. If it doesn't get changed id be ok with it. I like the idea of making it harder to obtain these items but I think chances could be just a tad higher.

Orphea

Post by Orphea »

I Agree 100% Sir Charls

Yew

Post by Yew »

I've spent the majority of the last two months picking dungeon chests and doing maps. I've done countless chests and well over 100 maps, most of which were low level but no less than 10 level 5 t-maps. In that time, I've only found 2 worthwhile vanq weapons and only 1 spell reflect. Invis and teleport items I see more of but not anything more than a half-dozen or so of each.

I think the rate of these items appearing is much less of an issue than perceived fairness is. If these items are extremely rare then great, but I imagine a few people that don't have stockpiles from prior drop rates may be somewhat envious. The question may be how to balance new players ability to be competitive with rewarding old time players for their loyalty.

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Sorry for the late response.

All the items I IDed were from Level 4 chests.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

I have id'd 2256 items from lvl 4 chests in the last 2 weeks. I have gotten 3 items of jewelry with reflect on them I have gotten about the same amount of rings as before, 12 in total with either teleport or invis but number of charges has been very low. I have not gotten one Vanq wep and there were about 225 weps within the total amount of items. I have gotten 12 charged weapons but only one with higher tactics at a +10. There were about 4 power weps but none with tactics added on. I am not complaining. I just have been keeping track out of curiosity and then I came across this post. I found one other thing that seemed odd. There have been several items that my GM item ID "had no idea how much that might be worth". That had never happened before the patch, to me anyways and I have id'd thousands and thousands of magic items over several years. I saved one item which is a pair of leather leggings of defense if a GM would like to check it. Just throwin my 2 cents out there!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Crypto

Post by Crypto »

I can agree that weapon drops seem unimpressive and magic items aren't exactly awesome.

I do 4 and 5 tmaps with guild members, as well as MiBs. I get 10 night sight items (or more) for one decent one. :?

In the past month or so I've fished up 30 to 40 MiB chests. I know they vary in level and drops naturally - but out of all the items I've found two invis, zero reflect, zero teleport. Lots of night sight. A dagger and pitchfork of power. Not much else worth mentioning, and very few with +tactics mods. Armor drops have been respectable. Hardening fort and invuln are not nearly as uncommon as the upper tier weapons.

A level 3 MiB should at least have a decent enough chance to spawn good items (and they did, at one point - my friend that got me into doing them has a very nice collection)

I don't know what is wrong or how to fix it, just a data point.

Surprise

Post by Surprise »

Apparently the shard finally ran out of loot. This week I decided to reminisce by starting from scratch on UOSA. After killing approximately 150 Blood Els and Balrons (enough to get glorious lord on a brand new character), my bank contains one magical item -- of power. Not a single other thing was power/fort or better or otherwise worth keeping.

I admit my memory has faded in the past 20 years, but I know the ratio of gold to high-end items on the hardest monsters was not $100,000/1.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Wts good loot :)
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.