Patch 155 - July 4, 2017 - Combat changes, Loot rebalance

Information on the latest Server Patches
Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Patch 155 - July 4, 2017 - Combat changes, Loot rebalance

Post by Anarcho »

• Happy 4th of July! In celebration, gifts are available to all eligible players who log in today.
  • The formulas for calculating magic weapon, armor and jewelry bonuses on all loot drops have been rebalanced:
    • The chance to have multiple magic bonuses on the same weapon or armor has been lowered.
    • The chance to get invisibility, teleport or magic reflection jewelry or clothing has been slightly lowered.
  • A correction has been made to the spell interruption formula. Spells will interrupt far more frequently now.
  • Ranged weapons no longer consider the Z axis when checking if within range.
  • Gate travel can no longer be casted over existing moongates.
  • A clean up effort throughout Britannia has been initiated! You can read more about Tidy Up Britannia here.

Capitalist

Re: Patch 155 - July 4, 2017 - Combat changes, Loot rebalanc

Post by Capitalist »

Nice patch. What does the non-check of Z axis mean though?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

I take it that the arrow will fire regardless of where the shooter and target is on the z axis.
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

SaibotMK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SaibotMK »

"A correction has been made to the spell interruption formula. Spells will interrupt far more frequently now."

I like
Baalx in IRC
https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalinepvptwitch

"<Vega> he needs some refresh mount kegs"
"<Vega> for the incessant trammel-a-thons he goes on"

randale

Post by randale »

Maybe this is the best place to post. Are you sure the changes you made are accurate to our target era, Nov 99? And, what exactly is........slightly less chance of getting invis, spell reflect and teleport items now? I amassed 375 wearables from dungeon chests last night including jewelery, shirts, skirts, hats, and gloves (gloves don't have those effects it seems) and got 2 low level invis items. one high invis item with 47 charges, and some blessed and protection items, no spell reflect at all. What was it before?

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

randale wrote:Maybe this is the best place to post. Are you sure the changes you made are accurate to our target era, Nov 99? And, what exactly is........slightly less chance of getting invis, spell reflect and teleport items now? I amassed 375 wearables from dungeon chests last night including jewelery, shirts, skirts, hats, and gloves (gloves don't have those effects it seems) and got 2 low level invis items. one high invis item with 47 charges, and some blessed and protection items, no spell reflect at all. What was it before?

Jesus, you're so whiney. Every time I see a post by you its bawwwwwling.

randale

Post by randale »

Annabell Red wrote:
randale wrote:Maybe this is the best place to post. Are you sure the changes you made are accurate to our target era, Nov 99? And, what exactly is........slightly less chance of getting invis, spell reflect and teleport items now? I amassed 375 wearables from dungeon chests last night including jewelery, shirts, skirts, hats, and gloves (gloves don't have those effects it seems) and got 2 low level invis items. one high invis item with 47 charges, and some blessed and protection items, no spell reflect at all. What was it before?

Jesus, you're so whiney. Every time I see a post by you its bawwwwwling.
Like what? I'm not the only one to bring this up. I'm not bitching I was mostly asking questions about it? That's whining? A whole night is a lot of effort to put in for that amount of ROI, if it's era accurate there's nothing that can be done, but that's what I'm trying to check.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

A. I think Annabell Red was merely taking a (not-un--) friendly poke at you.
B. Yeah, you're pretty whiny: I'd guess you already possess 10x my in-game wealth, but 0% of my satisfaction with this game and, particularly, with this server: I loved this game when it first came out, under OSI, and I love this Free Server for trying to be what it tries to be (and. frankly, I'm amazed at what has been achieved, here).

I guess I'm telling myself that I need to subscribe, or at least donate ...

Randale, you don't (necessarily) need to interpret any/every jibe as a personal attack. On occasion, any/all of us can benefit from a "Reality Check": BTW, I do, indeed, write "Reality Cheques" and will do so for anyone, demanding only a modest premium, of course.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

randale

Post by randale »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:A. I think Annabell Red was merely taking a (not-un--) friendly poke at you.
B. Yeah, you're pretty whiny: I'd guess you already possess 10x my in-game wealth, but 0% of my satisfaction with this game and, particularly, with this server: I loved this game when it first came out, under OSI, and I love this Free Server for trying to be what it tries to be (and. frankly, I'm amazed at what has been achieved, here).

I guess I'm telling myself that I need to subscribe, or at least donate ...

Randale, you don't (necessarily) need to interpret any/every jibe as a personal attack. On occasion, any/all of us can benefit from a "Reality Check": BTW, I do, indeed, write "Reality Cheques" and will do so for anyone, demanding only a modest premium, of course.

SS
Look up "whining" I wasn't complaining I was asking about it. Where do I say "This sucks, I don't like it, you need/should change it" I just laid out the situation and asked what it is. YOU, and Annabell don't need to interpret everything as bitching maybe you somehow interpreted that all the stuff I farmed was a lot of work for not a lot of "return on my investment" so to speak. As for "0% satisfaction" well if that were true I wouldn't even be on this server, would I?

Return to “Patch Notes”