Where is everyone?

Topics related to Second Age
sk8nomad
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Where is everyone?

Post by sk8nomad »

What happened to the population? Few years ago it was a populated server now it's a ghost town. What happened?

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Mens Rea »

You left so everyone went in hiding.

The pop goes up from time to time - there's a lot of people with 15 7x chars who keep their houses refreshed!

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

Maybe my own story happens to others as well. Simply put, real life caught up with me and I had absolutely no time to play, so I refreshed only. After a few months I failed to refresh and lost my two houses and all the shit inside. It wasn't anything special, but it was mine. I didn't log on since then. I think the thing about the current pop is that UO is for older generation of players. Kids today play other games, so fewer come and try out UO. Hell, even fewer of those who find their way to UO have enough patience to stay. What a shame. I had the best time in my life with UOSA.

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

We are on an upswing. Come be a part of it! 240+ unique IPs a day and getting stronger. As far as the younger generation goes, I have both of my kids that play (11 and 15), and a few guildies kiddos also play. Just have to have parents coaching and leading them. Once they realize its sandbox and they aren't railed through content they love it. Come back and join the fun. I have lost everything 3 times and am back full force. Stuff is just stuff.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Mulahey

Post by Mulahey »

I totally get your point Grofus. I didn't mean I'm not playing because I lost my stuff. It is just as you say, just stuff. What I meant was more related to not having enough time in RL. It's like if I have say half an hour to spare, I choose to do something more meaningful with it over playing whatever game. Gotta find and apply some life hack to be able to have as much spare time as I would like to do stuff I really enjoy (like playing video games and UO). But that ain't easy. Haha. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I certainly hope I would come back to play uosa at some point, but I fear that by that time it's gonna be gone. I miss being killed by vega.

Werther: "Better die logged in than to never have logged in."

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

I am an older player but, I have 3 sons that play and we have a real good time hanging out together in this game. It is the freedom you get in UOSA that they enjoy and it gives us a chance to do something together when we can't fish, hunt or tear up the trails. With Boomland supplying world events and separate in game events there is always something exciting to do. I truly hope that more people start coming back. The population has been decent for a while now!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

sk8nomad
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by sk8nomad »

I have been here for a few weeks already and intend on staying this time around, working on a miner, never have been so excited to do mining, I got a bard archer who earns tons of gold, and I also got a treasure hunter and a tank mage, got 2 other buddies training up as well

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

All good stuff! Together we keep UOSA around for years to come!

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

ultra
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ultra »

sk8nomad wrote:I have been here for a few weeks already and intend on staying this time around, working on a miner, never have been so excited to do mining, I got a bard archer who earns tons of gold, and I also got a treasure hunter and a tank mage, got 2 other buddies training up as well
Meh, I am bored out of my wits. WTB more solo content/goodies, like the real deal.

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

ultra wrote:
sk8nomad wrote:I have been here for a few weeks already and intend on staying this time around, working on a miner, never have been so excited to do mining, I got a bard archer who earns tons of gold, and I also got a treasure hunter and a tank mage, got 2 other buddies training up as well
Meh, I am bored out of my wits. WTB more solo content/goodies, like the real deal.
What are you wanting to buy specifically?
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

He wants server births for tower deed. He's upset that he cant have unique items for flea market pricing.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.