Hail!

Topics related to Second Age
Resol

Hail!

Post by Resol »

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Resol, I am an aspiring mage. I have journeyed this land nearly two decades ago however my quest was never quite complete. I returned to explore the wonder and beauty of this world as I have not seen any of its kind in existence since having the privilege of venturing its grounds long ago.

It is quiet here which is to my liking. I enjoy a peaceful dungeon crawl and an open plot of land to build a place to call home. In this wonderful bliss there is a pointlessly evil force at work. I have spoken to countless adventurers, and have yet to find a friend. Rather I have met many a foe who use their incredible wealth to slow my progress. This being a world of competition it is no surprise to be murdered in cold blood, but indeed it is happening in an unconventional sense.

There is no intensive to be murdered for your possessions or for fighting factions like the golden days many a year ago, instead I am being murdered for the pure joy in grief. One would think with such a small world which relies on community development that such acts would be deemed pointless and cruel.

I train in town because I am undeveloped and weak. I am not ready yet for the perils that this world has in store for me.

A gate opens, and a purple potion flies. I am simply trying to improve my character so I may become a part of this community and hopefully be murdered for a more meaningful purpose. The purple potion hits, and the aggressor is killed by town guards. Another gate opens, and another potion is thrown. This time it is certain death. I return only a moment later to continue my practice unscathed. What is the purpose of this?

There is a silver lining. With this many kills from wealthy and powerful individuals comes the occasional accidental drops. I have amassed a stockpile of dozens of purple potions which will aid me greatly in my quest. I have had one murderer fall victim to the long arm of the law and his body was filled with riches. 75 items, 214 stones of pure magical loot. Everything from jewelry to weapons and armor was recovered. I would assume this was not an accident and was more of a way to rid oneself of "worthless" treasures. As they say one man's trash is another man's treasure. Thank you for that.

I will continue my journey alone if I have to but I would love to make friends. I may be throwing this into a black hole but if you read this please heed my call. Hail!

Resol

Re: Hail!

Post by Resol »

a
Last edited by Resol on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Tiny pp
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Tiny pp
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Resol

Post by Resol »

What's up with the military theme going on in the forums?

You should be thanking me for bringing some original 1999 flavor in the form of roleplaying and trying to play the game beyond razor macroing into a pvp character cookie cutter template like you have.

What does tiny pp even mean?

"The traditional way to use pp when signing a letter on someone else's behalf is to place pp before one's own name rather than before the name of the other person. This is because the original Latin phrase per procurationem means 'through the agency of'."

That's right kid.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Pp r pkayz

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Pp r pkayz

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

I am not sure what our friend Capitalist is trying to communicate either - but in any case, I enjoyed your post and welcome to the shard :)

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Perfect example of why I am fighting/arguing with the guys that do this stuff. We need population and this happens way too often to fresh starts.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Welcome to UOSA. If you need help with anything HMU in discord.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Resol

Post by Resol »

The name of the lowlife with too much time on his hands is Ecaj. He has been town killing me for no reason except to waste his time. If you want to help out in anyway, hunt him down before I can myself.

Just FYI, he claims he's trying to "run me off the shard". That's how you welcome new players here?

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

I already love this guy and his crying.

So we're clear, I never said I want to run you off the shard, nor do I want that. I get it, I was trying to townkill you so naturally you're passionately upset.

I DID respond with excitement to your greeting to me which was (verbatim) "fuck u bitch" by saying (also verbatim) "i am so excited at knowing that you will burn out so fast here".

I base this on a couple things:
  • You clearly have no sense of humor
  • Your best insult was a (not very good) mom joke
  • You thought running from me followed by IMMEDIATELY passive aggressively crying on the forums was the answer to your problems
Please, please god stay. It's clear you're going to be either shockingly hilarious to fuck with or mind-numbingly boring, either of which is fine with me.

Resol

Post by Resol »

Guess I'll break character for forum purposes only.

Why would you spend your time grieving new players who are only interested in reliving an old game like this? And what do you gain by lying? Take some screenshots if I have ever spoken like that. Oh - and thanks for the heads. Your attempt at townkilling got yourself killed twice, while I died zero times. You may have some heads from literally the day I started, but you haven't gotten one since. I saw you throw 10 purple pots and gate dozens of times to no avail. You even brought in someone to poison me twice which didn't work either. I don't macro AFK so it won't work on me no matter how hard you try.

I understand you've grown tired of the endgame and have amassed a stockpile of anything and everything, but why not compete with other players at your ability?

We all know that an end game duel is gonna be a back and forth purple pot throwing contest until someone invis + recalls. You're in a completely different league than anyone even from that era, because you've been stuck here for nearly 20 years while that time came and went.

For the love of Ultima Online find something better to do. If you're that tired of the game might I suggest not playing anymore? What do you gain from trying to get new people to stop playing the second they're trying to get started? And aggressively harassing new players at that.

I honestly think it's an abuse of game mechanics and a slap in the face to the staff that work hard to keep this place open for anyone willing to give it a try.

Why do you intentionally disgrace a game that you obviously spend so much time playing?

It would be completely understandable if you wanted to gank me and take my loot in a dungeon. It would be completely understandable if you wanted to partake in a guild war. What you're doing is pathetic, pointless, and makes you look like a waste of space.

There's only one logical explanation to these questions, that you're a sad and lonely individual with nothing better to do. I honestly feel sorry for you.

I would love to keep playing this game and one sad worthless person is not going to stop me. You're obviously committed to playing in town only - like a townie from the trammel days. I'm already a few points from GM and won't be around in town much longer anyway. I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention, if you were wondering why new players don't stick around.

FakeEcaj

Post by FakeEcaj »

Alright, Ivy League. Here's an exact transcript of our conversation (with all the "you see:" stuff removed so it's more readable):

--------------------------------

Ecaj: Vas Rel Por [Gate Travel]
Ecaj: Select Marked item.
You open a magical gate to another location
You see: Doctor Townkill

: 3
: 2
: 1

Resol: guards
Resol: fuck u
Resol: bitch

Ecaj: oh hello
Ecaj: lol
Ecaj: your post was so elegant on the forums

Resol: u see my post?
Resol: tired of this shit

Ecaj: and yet you seem like such an asshole

Resol: Kal Vas Flam [Flamestrike]
Resol: 'i am
Resol: an asshole

Ecaj: and yet

Ecaj: i feel not compelled at all to stop then
Ecaj: for you have no manners

Resol: then dont
Resol: bitch

Ecaj: mmmm

Resol: bank
Resol: u wont kill me
Resol: ur weak

Ecaj: well it does admittedly become harder when you move around

Resol: keep trying litle kid

Ecaj: i don't really need to try, it's for the head
Ecaj: i already have several of yours

Resol: i have your moms
Resol: on my dick

Ecaj: go on
Ecaj: oh that was it

Ecaj: okay then
Ecaj: i appreciate you calling someone a kid followed immediately by a mom joke
Ecaj: sounds like you have a short temper

Resol's Stats: [96%]

Ecaj: well i must continue my rounds
Ecaj: good luck, lol

Ecaj: Kal Ort Por [Recall]
Ecaj: bitch

(And then I came back later...)

Resol: look at this guy

Resol: you enjoy wasting your time

Ecaj: oh sir
Ecaj: i'm on the clock

Resol: no you're not

Ecaj: it's only wasting your time

Resol: you're wasting your time
Resol: i'm gaining just fine kid

Ecaj: this is life's greatest pleasure is seeing you upset

Resol: youre so stupid LOL
Resol: cant get me

Ecaj: go on
Ecaj: well as mentioned
Ecaj: it's significantly harder when you move around

Ecaj: bank

Ecaj: so let me ask you this

Ecaj: why write such a nice post
Ecaj: only to turn out to be such a brainless retard in person
Ecaj: were you trying to roleplay your way out of that or what

Resol: keep wasting regs on gate little kid :)
Resol: im gaining just fine

Ecaj: here's how i know this gets under your skin
Ecaj: well you opened with "sick of this" so i already know
Ecaj: but also you took the time to write that post
Ecaj: an essay of a post
Ecaj: with punctuation and grammar and capitalization

Resol: im not reading anything you write lol

Ecaj: and now that i've met you i see that that's all too tough for you anyway
Ecaj: oh except that you are
Ecaj: because you can't help yourself, it's okay

Resol: los much?
Resol: you must be weak as fuck in a duel LOL

Ecaj: i am so excited
Ecaj: at knowing that you will burn out so fast here

Ecaj: bank

Violent DoZa: In Nox [Poison]
You see: Violent DoZa (frozen)
Tully: Look! 'Tis that evil one! Guards!
Caedmon: Thou wilt regret thine actions, swine!
Caedmon: Thou hast suffered thy punishment, scoundrel.
Resol: * Resol looks extremely ill. *

Resol: LOL
Resol: * Resol looks extremely ill. *
Resol's Stats: [92%]
Resol's Stats: [88%]
Resol's Stats: [92%]
Resol's Stats: [88%]
Resol's Stats: [84%]
Resol: u know no matter what u do
Resol: im gonna rez and keep gaining right?

You see: Doctor Townkill
Resol's Stats: [80%]
Sanford: Arrest this scum!
Danett: Thou wilt regret thine actions, swine!
Danett: Reveal!
Ecaj: Doctor Townkill is attacking you!
Danett: Thou hast suffered thy punishment, scoundrel.

Ecaj: Kal Ort Por [Recall]

Resol

Post by Resol »

I said take a screenshot kid. We all know you have time to write out anything you want, when you're the one trolling new players.

Besides... even if that were true I don't see that person dying I just see A LOT of time spent messing with them for no reason except you have no life. Not even in a video game from 20 years ago do you have a life. How sad.

I would assume you took that log from someone else and replaced my name since you obviously do this full time.

I think at this point it is harassment, can we consider a ban on this person from the shard and/or the forum?