Well, I don't know if I'm being dumb or not ...

Topics related to Second Age
SighelmofWyrmgard

Well, I don't know if I'm being dumb or not ...

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

So far as I can tell, Roser has been absent from these forums for over a month, now; about a month ago, I had observed dialogue suggesting that Rose was gone.

Well, I am not happy about this, at all: I possess a lot of respect for Rose; in so many ways, again and again, he has continuously contributed to the quality of this server.

I was gone from UOSA for a long while, myself: I was involved in an IRL accident, which broke my right femur; even though I had been hospitalized for only 5 days, the absence conspired with my 'refresh-laziness' to ensure that all of my UOSA properties had dropped; and 99% of my wealth went with it as, at that time, there had existed bank-box restrictions.

I hope that Rose has not suffered any misfortune.

Rose, I think a lot of people, past, present, and future, would feel diminished in your absence: return to us when you can.

Any/all who feel likewise, please sing out.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

tiredat52

Re: Well, I don't know if I'm being dumb or not ...

Post by tiredat52 »

I also miss Roser...I hope he returns but I know that some of his property fell.
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Roser got upset about the verbage of the ruling of in game transactions for real money and went inactive. Upon returning he 'gave' his account information to a couple players that took his stuff from what I understand. There was a lot of drama surrounding it and I believe his accounts have been suspended. It is unlikely that he will return as himself, but maybe will come back one day as a fresh start. I never really had a problem with Roser until he had issues with me which he himself conjured up in his mind and I do wish him well and would be nice to see him back.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Grofus wrote:Roser got upset about the verbage of the ruling of in game transactions for real money and went inactive. Upon returning he 'gave' his account information to a couple players that took his stuff from what I understand. There was a lot of drama surrounding it and I believe his accounts have been suspended. It is unlikely that he will return as himself, but maybe will come back one day as a fresh start. I never really had a problem with Roser until he had issues with me which he himself conjured up in his mind and I do wish him well and would be nice to see him back.
I find this hard to believe. The rules have been posted since 2009 by Dereck. Why would Roser have a problem with them at this point in his UOSA career that would make him quit?

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

tiredat52 wrote:
Grofus wrote:Roser got upset about the verbage of the ruling of in game transactions for real money and went inactive. Upon returning he 'gave' his account information to a couple players that took his stuff from what I understand. There was a lot of drama surrounding it and I believe his accounts have been suspended. It is unlikely that he will return as himself, but maybe will come back one day as a fresh start. I never really had a problem with Roser until he had issues with me which he himself conjured up in his mind and I do wish him well and would be nice to see him back.
I find this hard to believe. The rules have been posted since 2009 by Dereck. Why would Roser have a problem with them at this point in his UOSA career that would make him quit?

Basically it's a matter of interpretation... The way he had interpreted the rules, he thought someone was guilty of a bannable offense. After public discussion with a GM he realized that while that person violated the spirit of the law they did not violate the letter of the law.

The accused, to my knowledge, has never publicly admitted whether or not he did the deed so I will not name him here.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
tiredat52 wrote:

Basically it's a matter of interpretation... The way he had interpreted the rules, he thought someone was guilty of a bannable offense. After public discussion with a GM he realized that while that person violated the spirit of the law they did not violate the letter of the law.

The accused, to my knowledge, has never publicly admitted whether or not he did the deed so I will not name him here.
I had no idea about any of that. So what was the deed that happened that only broke the "spirit of the law"?

SighelmofWyrmgard

tiredat52 wrote: I had no idea about any of that. So what was the deed that happened that only broke the "spirit of the law"?
I'm guessing it's not licit to ask, at least of the Administration. tiredat52, thanks for chiming-in.

Grofus, D'nD,

Thanks for giving your best information.

Assuming re-kindled interest, and an appeasement to Administration for any infractions, Rose might return to us.

Crap, does this mean I have to take-up the mantle of Forum-grieving Vega? I'm not sure I'm up to it, nor can divert the requisite time and effort ...

I definitely can not afford the immense quantity of BBQ baby-back ribs that would be required to stave him away from the server: 2017's Q4 was not nearly that good to me.

Sorry, Vega (though, not terribly: I don't think I've ever thrown a 'fat' joke at you): I'll plead that I couldn't resist.

You'll PK me, anyway, next time you see me.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

You guys are so weary of upsetting someone.

Rose tried to have vega banned for irl transactions. He made a big presentation out of it, posting something is coming on the date , yada yada. When he didn't have enough evidence to satisfy his desires he rage quit.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Rose did a lot more than try to get me banned for irl transactions.

Rose pm'd me in 2015 and told me that I would be his new arch nemesis, and he had made all of his other rivals quit. He wished me luck then began trying to grief me.

I laughed it off, and griefed him back in the best way known to man; gossip and stage fright.

Long story short, after Rose had trouble PvPing with a half mill in gear on a dexxer he began to thoroughly stalk me in real life, re-write code for Razor to abuse the game, conspire about all aspects of interpersonal relationships for everyone on the server that had no relatability. Basically, the more he tried to harass me the less he succeeded, and the more paranoid he became.

Rose quite literally lost his mind trying to get under my skin. Frankly, it's well documented and screenshotted. Me and a few others have had great laughs at it.

But, for Rose's sake I believe quitting was the only alternative for his mental health.

I wish the guy the best of luck and hope he finds a life balance that involves being way less fucked up.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

WOW....I thought this was a game to have fun with.... to have an arch nemesis would make it even more fun in my mind! The whole rage quiting thing is what I don't get......it's a fucking game! It's supposed to be a distraction from all the problems of real life, not a substitute for real life! I have been killed many times....I have a box of heads of everyone I have killed. I have helped and dealt with people I have killed and been killed by.....again it's a fucking game! I hope people stop the "rage quiting thing" Its more fun with lots of people on the server!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Vintirex, thanks for being succinct.

Hey, this is a great opportunity for me to express my gratitude for your contributions to this server (mostly remarks, here-and-there, but always "spot-on") and to inform you that, while I don't PvP and only know this "via reputation", I remain convinced that you should be "highly-rated", among the server's most-competent players.

Hitherto, to the extent that we have crossed paths at all, it has been ideologically adversarial: I am pleased to have the opportunity to offer respect.

Hello, Vega.

Wow, wtf, I was only joking when I asked after 'vacancies' in forum-grieving you ... but, maybe, I touched upon something.

Your news is as sobering as it is disturbing. So far as I am concerned and, also, so far as I have been able to glean from all sources, you've never been anything worse than 'a good sport'. Administration might care if you've broken rules but, unless your rule-breaking affects me, personally, adversely, I don't.

As tiredat52 points out: it's a game; holy fuck, why the drama?

SS

EDIT: Forgot to ask this, first-time around ...
Vega, you seem to be short 1-arch-nemesis; how many doll-hairs-per-hour are you willing to pay?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

SighelmofWyrmgard

Ah, just for the sake of equity, I feel compelled to point this out:

It may be that Rose is not able to present his side of the story at this time.

So, all of us, please remember he's done good things for this server, and reserve judgment.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

SighelmofWyrmgard

Two posts up, I said, "holy fuck" ...

Permit me to justify that: Red Lights

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Ah, just for the sake of equity, I feel compelled to point this out:

It may be that Rose is not able to present his side of the story at this time.

So, all of us, please remember he's done good things for this server, and reserve judgment.

SS
Are you implying that Roser is banned? From what I have read here HE was the one that was attempting to point out what HE thought were rule violations. Why would he not be able to tell his side of the story?

SighelmofWyrmgard

Hi, tiredat52,

My friend, haha, between the two of us let's not feed the rumour mill; agreed?

There are "ways of rage-quitting" which might include actions that gets the player banned ... Grofus had remarked about Rose sharing account-information: if this was done, and done "badly", there could be a ban attached; I mean to say/imply nothing more.

I am not soliciting any more information, either.

I think Vega has behaved with commendable reservation in telling his side of the story: I merely wanted to point-out that we have not heard the other side and, at least at this time, maybe we can't.

That is all.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS