Thank you Derrick and UOSA Players for a decade+ of fun

News and Announcements
Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Thank you Derrick and UOSA Players for a decade+ of fun

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

This might seem abrupt, but it is something I’ve been thinking about and trying to figure out over the last year. That’s how difficult of a decision this has been for me. I can’t imagine the last decade of my life without UOSA and the great friends I've made here, but at this time, I must step down.

Hopefully during my time as Staff, I was able to introduce you to more Britannian lore than you’d ever wanted to know about, brought you to places within the World that you’ve never traveled, and had you fight in amazing battles.

Thank you for the opportunity to be your Gamemaster and to experience a different way to “play” UO over the last 5 years. I’ll still be available for chatter and to offer my Ultima(te) wisdom to those who seek it.

*ExplosionLightningFlamestrike*

Boomland Jenkins
RoadKill
Dan
Last edited by Boomland Jenkins on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Thank you Derrick and UOSA Players for a decade+ of fun

Post by Anarcho »

While I knew this was coming for some time, it is still sad to see you go. You have contributed a lot to this community both as a staff member and as a player.

Thank you for all that you have done and for being a voice of reason when I needed to call on one.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You were one of the first players I met, on a small northern island within weeks of the UOSA launch, over 10 years ago.

You've been an amazing asset to this shard, and a friend since you first landed here. Your dedication, integrity and creativity helped shape this shard since the beginning.

Thanks so much for all your great work on Second Age. Words can't very well express how much I appreciate you.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Thank you for all you have done for the community of UOSA. I'm sure you will be missed by many. I know that I will miss you. I have been lucky enough to have called you friend. I greatly appreciated your dedication and commitment to the shard and the group of people that wander, fight and spend time here. Thank you for your help, advice and for the great adventures I was able to share with family and friends here on UOSA! I wish you luck and good fortune in all your future endeavors. Enjoy your life and do what makes you happy!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I love you?

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Boomland,

So sad to see you go. I have such great memories of the events you ran and events you helped me plan. You were truly an asset to the community and are one of the best GMs I have had the luxury of playing under. I wish you well my friend, and you will be dearly missed.

~Grofus

Rockle

Post by Rockle »

Boomland Jenkins, it has been a great adventure following your lead and destroying evil in battle, saving britannia, and having a blast. I remember you as a very young player, and you will be missed by everyone here. It seems you were one of the only active GMs so I am wondering what the future of SA will be like after you leave. I'm sad to see you go but I am glad to have been playing under such a great GM, and a great friend.

- Jace

Rick Scarf

Post by Rick Scarf »

Lord Cavewight wrote:Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thanks for everything, Boomland Jenkins. It's a thankless job and you did good.

AngelicaNHG

Post by AngelicaNHG »

Boomland I will miss you :( I am greatly saddened by you leaving. I think that you were a great asset to the shard. You all do a great job here. I am thankful to have such a great shard to play on. I will remain and do all that I have been to help new players get a decent start as I have basically from day 1. I wish you well on whatever adventure comes your way next. You will be truly missed. :(

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

Thank you for all that you did here to make things interesting and fun. Sorry to see you go, but I wish you best of luck in everything going forward.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Thanks Boomland, I hope you quietly come back as a player and whoop ass.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:Thanks Boomland, I hope you quietly come back as a player and whoop ass.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

BLJ, thank you.

I'm sorry to see you "retire", but that's just me being greedy.

For the future, please accept my sincere benediction for: health, peace, happiness.

Fare thee well.

SS

P.S.

@Derrick, I might complain that we don't see enough of you … but, again, that's me being greedy. The only reason this post even exists is because you decided to try to make something significant happen: you did; thank you.

SS

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Thanks Boom.

Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

Ali

Post by Ali »

Thank you Boom