Remove unused "refresh" housing!

Topics related to Second Age
SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: Remove unused "refresh" housing!

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

uosa44 wrote:
P.S. Please, answer Vega's question: it would make me happy.
You proved my point LOL!!!! If Vega played anymore, I wouldn't have to let him know where I (used to) farm. No need to anymore, it's a single player game and I have my wealth.

You are EXTREMELY defensive and are beginning to toss out insults because of your insecurities.

PLEASE keep this civil.

Player events are absolutely mechanical as they directly influence the shard's economy. Items are generated due to the events, how is this not mechanical?

Of course, you will skirt the question and begin a long, drawn out rant, because you are defensive...for some reason.
I, certainly, never proved any point of yours ("LOL!!!"). Refrain from your tired insistence that your unsubstantiated, delusional assertions possess any tangible link to reality.

This thread is "dead in the water": you have no credibility and your claims have been discredited for lack of substance, by people who do possess credibility. Your mischaracterizations and goading accusations are likewise empty and, hence, pointless.

Just go away.

Oh, btw, there remains one thing that has been bugging me: you claim to be a relatively new player who can't place a house because of "refresh-hoarding-non-players"; you even went so far as to insist that this was being done by players cheating, using VPNs, to exploit too many accounts …

What it is that bugs me: your forum-join-date is two years ago; I wonder, among everyone who has participated in this thread, who it might be who seems to be most-likely-guilty of cheating?

I think you should PM Anarcho, directly and immediately, to demand satisfaction for your many valid concerns.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

uosa44

Post by uosa44 »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:
P.S. Please, answer Vega's question: it would make me happy.
You proved my point LOL!!!! If Vega played anymore, I wouldn't have to let him know where I (used to) farm. No need to anymore, it's a single player game and I have my wealth.

You are EXTREMELY defensive and are beginning to toss out insults because of your insecurities.

PLEASE keep this civil.

Player events are absolutely mechanical as they directly influence the shard's economy. Items are generated due to the events, how is this not mechanical?

Of course, you will skirt the question and begin a long, drawn out rant, because you are defensive...for some reason.
I, certainly, never proved any point of yours ("LOL!!!"). Refrain from your tired insistence that your unsubstantiated, delusional assertions possess any tangible link to reality.

This thread is "dead in the water": you have no credibility and your claims have been discredited for lack of substance, by people who do possess credibility. Your mischaracterizations and goading accusations are likewise empty and, hence, pointless.

Just go away.

Oh, btw, there remains one thing that has been bugging me: you claim to be a relatively new player who can't place a house because of "refresh-hoarding-non-players"; you even went so far as to insist that this was being done by players cheating, using VPNs, to exploit too many accounts …

What it is that bugs me: your forum-join-date is two years ago; I wonder, among everyone who has participated in this thread, who it might be who seems to be most-likely-guilty of cheating?

I think you should PM Anarcho, directly and immediately, to demand satisfaction for your many valid concerns.

SS
You most certainly did prove my point LOL.

Vega needs to ask me, and you demand I tell him, where I farm in order to PK me? LOL. If Vega played, he would find me in two minutes of recalling around.

That absolutely proves my point.

Why so butthurt? I sense a LOT of butthurt.

Guilty of something? Lay off the anger pills, bro.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

How are you new, but know me if I don't play?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

SighelmofWyrmgard

1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Boy is it easy to find out who owns all this housing, just say something about it and they all come out

SighelmofWyrmgard

GleepGlop wrote:Boy is it easy to find out who owns all this housing, just say something about it and they all come out
"Boy is it easy to" guess that you missed this in your intensive exploration of the topic; eh, genius?
SighelmofWyrmgard, page 2 of this thread, wrote:I have a three accounts, 15 characters, and a total of six houses: my residence is a Two-Storey L-Shape, and I maintain an empty 7x7 as a "macroing safe-house"; the other four are these, public workshops established and maintained for the use and benefit of the shard's population.
So, really, tell us all about your completely-uninformed opinions!

SS

P.S. Your join-date is 2010, and you come in here to join a gripe about housing; what are you; some kind of retard?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Tl;dr, where can I pk people at?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

DIVETX

Post by DIVETX »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
DIVETX wrote:Is housing still an issue here? Just starting out for the first time and I'm already tired of stabling / inn log-outs. I haven't placed as of yet since I'm broke as a joke but it was certainly on my short list....
Are you talking mount or pack-animal? Pack-animals would have to be stabled but, if you are mounted when you log-out, your mount logs-out with you. You could find 7x7 spots here and there, pretty much everywhere; larger might require some searching. I think it was during UO:R that OSI imposed a limit of one house per account. As I stated in the other thread, the ruleset here is t2A: during t2A, players were permitted one house per character.
uosa44 wrote:Individuals refreshing houses without playing are a HUGE poison to the shard. Imagine if 2,500 accounts/USD were not accounted for. That's a lack of $25,000+ PER MONTH. OSI easily had 2,000+ per server.
I agree, completely, but I can conceive of no valid solutions. Someone who is both really canny and really savvy at house placement can still find spots. There exists an additional "twist", however: there are players who choose to 'hog' castle/keep spots, by the cunning placement of a L-Shape/Patio/Tower.

Placing and occupying 'your dream home' on UOSA is no easier now than it ever has been, in spite of the reduced actively-playing population.

SS

Thanks. FWIW, I was able to place a house with patio last week and I saw numerous spots for 7x7. I never liked a Castle or Keep anyway so it's good. I had forgotten how much a PITA it was to unlock / relock a door but it's a small price to pay.

Ironface

Post by Ironface »

My brother and I started playing here a little less than two months ago, and have been thoroughly enjoying it so far.

But that's neither here, nor there for this thread.

This is the first time I've posted on the forums, although I browse them almost daily for guides and info for things.

I just wanted to say that since starting here, we have slowly but surely been building up characters/wealth while enjoying the game we remember. And we've always been able to find a spot for our next house upgrade once we've farmed enough to progress to the next size up, just by casually exploring and counting tiles to see if what we're upgrading to will fit in the spot. Placed our 7x7, and when we could afford to re-deed and move on to a patio, we already had found multiple sites to choose from. By the time we had enough for a tower, again, had more than a few locations to place it.

And finally we've been able to afford a keep, bought the deed two days ago and were able to place it as soon as we crossed that gold threshold. A day or so before placing it I started looked around and we sold our tower back to the vendor to lock down a keep sized spot with a few small houses and a brick for when we finally had enough to buy it (including the gold from selling those temporary houses back to the vendor of course).

I guess my point is, on Pacific in '99, it took months and luck to even get a 7x7. I was expecting to be content with a patio or brick here, but it's just been a natural progression upwards and hasn't been hard to find open spots. We never thought we'd even own a tower, not to mention a keep!

I'm sure finding a spot for a castle will be a different story, but we'll see, that's the same thoughts we had about each house upgrade...but it's been working out so far.

Just my own experience, doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but I thought I'd share it considering the discussion happening here.

Have a good one, and we're loving the shard!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Ironface, I am so glad that you and your friends are here, and enjoying UOSA! I'll rep your post immediately after finishing this reply (everybody has to start somewhere; agreed?).

Thanks for this post: UOSA has attracted many trash-critics over the years, at least some of whom have been, demonstrably, working as willful saboteurs in order to try to promote a rival shard (um, hey, Telamon, where are you now?).

Personally, I hate 'gripe' posts in General Discussion: this is the first place in UOSA forums that any new/prospective player(s) will visit; trolls need to be castrated quickly, in order for their toxicity to drift down this page, and eventually disappear; saboteur-trolls know this, which precisely explains why they launch their attacks here.

Thanks to DIVETX, also: welcome noobs; please, nourish UOSA with your enthusiasm!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

SighelmofWyrmgard

DIVETX wrote:
Thanks. FWIW, I was able to place a house with patio last week and I saw numerous spots for 7x7. I never liked a Castle or Keep anyway so it's good. I had forgotten how much a PITA it was to unlock / relock a door but it's a small price to pay.
IIRC, stack 3 tables one-atop-another on the side of your doorstep, aside from the door, then put 1 fishsteak on top, then, put your housekey on a key-ring and place the key-ring atop all: say, "I wish to lock this down" and target the key-ring; dispose of tables and fishsteak and voila, you've got a key 'under the welcome-mat' that only you and your house-friends can access!

Carry on!

Any time I might help further, let me know.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

DIVETX

Post by DIVETX »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
DIVETX wrote:
IIRC, stack 3 tables one-atop-another on the side of your doorstep, aside from the door, then put 1 fishsteak on top, then, put your housekey on a key-ring and place the key-ring atop all: say, "I wish to lock this down" and target the key-ring; dispose of tables and fishsteak and voila, you've got a key 'under the welcome-mat' that only you and your house-friends can access!

Carry on!

Any time I might help further, let me know.

SS

Thanks, worked like a charm! I wondered what all the keyrings on the doors were for....

Downs

Post by Downs »

I feel like this guy wants that patio behind the yew bank for himself
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Complain about stables not housing.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Selling keep on grass.

Deed + 2 small deeds
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?