ITT: We discuss changes on testcenter as of 5/6.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Jack

Re: ITT: We discuss changes on testcenter as of 5/6.

Post by Jack »

Faust wrote::'(

Faust

Post by Faust »

A typical useless input from the RP nerd.

Good job nobody!

Jack

Post by Jack »

:'(

Faust

Post by Faust »

Derrick wrote:We have found significant evidence, and even more today (which I think Faust may post shortly) that the "refreshes" were indeed stamina based. If what was found today pans out in a straight face test, we may be making a slight modification tommorrow to the swing system.
Faust wrote:Derrick is correct with his statement. I have conceded that the disarm delay could very well not have been 2 seconds as suggested in the stratics article. My basis for anything in research is the evidence that is presented in front of my face. I don't base my opinion on bias for how the game should be or what template should be best. I simply go by the facts that are on the table.

There are two known logical theories that resolve around "insta hit refreshes", "weapon cycles", "fast swings", or whatever you prefer to call the process... These two theories are wrestling and the static 2 second disarm delay mentioned at Stratics in early February '99.

The difference between the two vary slightly...

The evidence that surrounds wrestling is very slim but there has been some discoveries lately. I'm still convinced that the disarm delay was implemented in 2.26.99, but it was based on the wrestling delay instead of a static 2 second delay. There are a few reasons behind this ideology... First, the disarm delay in modern UO functions exactly the same way. When you unequip your weapon the delay shifts to your wrestling delay. The problem with this philosophy at first was that the speed of wrestling is 50 in modern UO, which would produce roughly the same results in a similar manner like it did in t2a. This was actually a good thing to back up this theory. However, the key arguement behind this was that the delay in the demo for wrestling is 25 and it was hard to believe that the delay increased by a hundred percent when all other weapons were decreased.

This article claims that wrestling was just as fast if not faster than a kryss... A kryss stands at a speed of 53. This is VERY close to the suggested speed of 50 that is listed for wrestling now. The only known change of speeds was in late '98 and '03 when AOS was released. This article dates all the way back to the year of 2001. Now given the mechanical nature of the disarm delay in modern UO and this plausible theory that wrestling was in fact a speed of 50, it's highly likely to be the true result of this feature that many people remember all too well.

I can no longer support my other theory that surrounds the disarm delay over my previous theory of the wrestling delay when disarming a weapon that reproduces this process.
Figured that I probably should post this in here too.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

nightshark wrote:
malice-tg wrote:
Derrick wrote:Debuffs will disrupt even if the target is already debuffed. This has to my surprise been pretty well documented as accurate, at least to March 2000, and there's no evidence that I've seen showing that this was a new feature in 2000.
This tactic was widespread during UOR and not much during era on catskills pvp. I have a feeling this wasnt in for era... i think the harm interupt was probably the only garaunteed interupt because thats what people used on catskills for interuptions. we should consider tweaking it so harm is interuption everytime.
I dunno how people can't remember debuff interrupt spam. I clearly remember it being commonplace in duel pits on Wakoku. I left Wakoku well before UO:R release, so I know my memory is not fuzzy on that one.
hey it could have worked i just know harm was the interuption of choice...

as far as halberd... i know that i did precast ebolt hally ebolt hally with my brother on two tanks at the undead orc fort over and over..i remember it like it wss yesterday :p ebolt cast always prepped the halberd.

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

i do agree with this

machine gunning hallys clearly stopped because you wernt suposed to be able to use any spell to recharge it thus the arm delay of 2 seconds was put in.

i dont beleive it had anything to do with stamina or wrestling or weapon hit rates.

the thing you have to massively consider is the way things on osi panned out pvp wise was just through randomness they didnt code stuff for the way it worked in pvp. ive always personaly considered weapon arming and then hitting a bug and i beleive thats why it was removed at uor. this is just my 2 cents
but yeah hallys should deffently be faster.

the system currently on test spell wise is quite well ballanced you have to consider dexers as well and giving them a fair chance as they clearly did during this era maybe a slight speed up in disturb delays is needed but not a massive one also if the speed of disturb delays increases slightly the fast cast delay and static cast delay needs to speed up with it. to keep it ballanced. the way i remeber pre ren pvp is slightly faster than the current system on test but i dont think test is far out.

i also beleive its era accurate to be able to disturb your own spell and get no recast delay this wasnt something that came with uor. and i beleive adding it would bring a new level of skill that is missing.