cA Adventures: The Gift

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

cA Adventures: The Gift

Post by chumbucket »

I am still technically on hiatus from UOSA, but I troll the forums quite a bit. According to those very forums, current cA guildmaster Matron de Winter had managed to steal a keep deed from none other than the LEETest of OMG PVPERS to ever grace the shard, -F-.
Finesse wrote:yes its true we are quitting/have quit.

this is due to losing a keep deed and due to matron de winter.

this is a sad day for this shard and a sad day for us but we refuse to play with this lameness.

cya.
Myself, I didn't think it was such a sad thing. I thought it was funny. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. This bit of hilarity moved me to play a night. I was saddened to learn, however, that -F- had been GIVEN a new keep by someone who no doubt felt that the shard is lacking in WTFOMG LEET PVP. I also learned, however, that cA was already on the case! A small town was being constructed around the new -F- keep. I went to check it out in person.

A good number of my guildmates were there: Ireland's finest, Paul Auger and Matron de Winter. A few -F- members were there as well, macroing away in the warmth and security of the keep provided by someone's charity and pity. It turns out, though, that keeps aren't necessarily so secure that Matron might not help a wandering energy vortex sneak in and say hello to MIKES TAMER LOL. (Yes, that is his name.)

Now, I think it is obvious to everyone that we have a deep and abiding love for -F-, who have not only contributed so much to the level of OMG LEET PVP on this shard, but also to a new sophisticated level of discourse on the forums. This love had instilled in us a deep seated need to demonstrate that very love: We would have to get them a gift! But what can you possibly give to someone who was just given a brand new keep? What deeds or goods could possibly compete with the anonymous UO Don Juan who has so quickly stolen the hearts and perhaps even---dare I suggest it?--the tender affections of -F-?

The answer, of course, is about one thousand wooden shields and several trapped boxes---all carefully stacked within the entrance to this keep---plus approximately one hundred cats---all named 'cA'---lined up outside, blocking entry from the outside. We topped it off with a few boats, blocking in their own boat.

During the construction process, I wandered off to a nearby tower. A fellow who is unknown to me ran out. I expected trouble, but he merely said that he had heard of me. I ran away and called in the reserves. Paul Auger and I stealth up to opposites sides of the tower door, while Ireland, on a nearly dead and poisoned red alternate character, ran by. Predictably the lad in the tower sprung out in search of OMG PVP and PHAT LEWTS. We waltzed in, only to find very little worth taking: a map, some force weapons, a few hundred reagents.

Good times were had by all, except perhaps the dead macroing -F- guildmember. Since he was macroing, no kind of time, good or bad, was had by him. I will not speculate here about the quality of the time of his return to his ghost macro. Also, I will say nothing of the time of the fellow who was looted. His time may or may not have been good. But I will report to you, though it pains me to speak of it, that the cA kitties were later brutally slaughtered, one and all, by an errant and bloodthirsty ogre. God bless those brave kitties. We will never forget.

SPANKY

Re: cA Adventures: The Gift

Post by SPANKY »

Win.
Sin Cloud wrote: we die on purpose to laugh at your lil pride trips ya'll do. lol
+ -

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Excellent post.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

It did seem though that it would probably take less time to clean up the mess than it took to put it together. Is that still considered a victory? ;)

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Daolin wrote:It did seem though that it would probably take less time to clean up the mess than it took to put it together. Is that still considered a victory? ;)
This occurred to us. But when you give a gift, it is the thought that counts.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

What a thoughtful gift!

Be on the lookout for more on this exciting story in the next issue of the Daily Planet featuring coverage on the mysterious donors as well as a highlight on hemporer's return to UOSA!
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

Can't wait!!
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...

FuggleRock

Post by FuggleRock »

Just a suggestion but if you use cloth stacks of 2 are harder to see through then barrels :lol:

Akells

Post by Akells »

"Also, I will say nothing of the time of the fellow who was looted. His time may or may not have been good."

Let's try not to overstate what you actually got from that tower, which I have just recently placed and contains primarily empty chests and has none of my actual "PHAT LEWTS". Yes, I followed a nearly dead "an afro" outside in search of "OMG PVP", which turned out to be a disappointing combination of his blathering and dying, while you stealthed into a tower containing one treasure map and a couple hundred arrows.

That red box you so proudly display and consider part of your loot that contains all the potions, force weapons, and reagents belonged only seconds earlier to "an afro", the alt of your friend Ireland's Finest -- you can see it, unopened, in the screenshot I've attatched of his corpse. Woulda thrown it in the secure had it not been so full of items.

Enjoy your scraps, fellas.
Attachments
afro.jpg

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Akells wrote:Let's try not to overstate what you actually got from that tower, which I have just recently placed and contains primarily empty chests and has none of my actual "PHAT LEWTS". Yes, I followed a nearly dead "an afro" outside in search of "OMG PVP", which turned out to be a disappointing combination of his blathering and dying, while you stealthed into a tower containing one treasure map and a couple hundred arrows.

That red box you so proudly display and consider part of your loot that contains all the potions, force weapons, and reagents belonged only seconds earlier to "an afro", the alt of your friend Ireland's Finest -- you can see it, unopened, in the screenshot I've attatched of his corpse. Woulda thrown it in the secure had it not been so full of items.

Enjoy your scraps, fellas.
BUT WITHOUT PHAT LEWTZ WE ARE NOTHING! OMG!

That would explain why I didn't see the items in the chest when I first passed it by, but did see it when I came back down from the roof. I gave all the potions away. Sorry, Ireland, but no PHAT LETWZ for you!

Akells

Post by Akells »

I will admit that I was actually a little bit lucky that I didn't have anything in the tower. Only after 30 seconds of chasing "an afro" did I realize that it was an elaborate plot to get me to open my door, you can tell I knew something was amiss with the "i ban thee" pre-typed even though I'm in someone else's house. Bravo to y'all for that, I sure was lucky, seeing as though the only stealther I found in the house was Paul, so I missed chumbucket entirely. Either way that 10-minute encounter mimic'd so many I'd had before back on the OSI days.

The experiences I have with people on this shard are so fun because of risk-based nature of this entire game -- I have nothing but appreciation for PKs, thieves, house looters, bards, farmers, merchants and everyone else. See y'all around.

Santiago

Post by Santiago »

Wow so brave to use three chars to try and outsmart another single player. Highly doubt Chums not playing. AFKers are the best target you guys got them and newbs. Congrarts on another great job strengthening...or I mean weakening the shard. Pathetic. :lol:

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

In case anyone is wondering, Santiago is a member of BD.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Santiago wrote:Wow so brave to use three chars to try and outsmart another single player. Highly doubt Chums not playing. AFKers are the best target you guys got them and newbs. Congrarts on another great job strengthening...or I mean weakening the shard. Pathetic. :lol:
So teamwork is frowned upon Santiago? Read Akells post. He was neither AFK nor a noob. He actually enjoyed the little encounter.
Akells wrote: Either way that 10-minute encounter mimic'd so many I'd had before back on the OSI days.

The experiences I have with people on this shard are so fun because of risk-based nature of this entire game -- I have nothing but appreciation for PKs, thieves, house looters, bards, farmers, merchants and everyone else. See y'all around.
Some ppl appreciate T2A. For those that don't, Trammell was invented.

We thank you for being a good sport Akells.

There's been a few legit cA events sponsored by our shennanigans, and more coming to thank the community for tolerating us.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Ireland

Post by Ireland »

Aye the red box had belonged to me (on my friends account), although I don't really care considering the whole gig was a plot to loot the tower :lol: Way to be a sport about it though :D
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Everyone should have an Ireland's Finest action toon...