Matron de Winter, Private Detective!

This is the place for Screenshots and Razor Packet Video Uploads 15MB max on RPV's
Forum rules
Please if you haven't, make an account on myUOSA: http://my.uosecondage.com and Submit some pics!
You can also associate images with your character pages there.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Matron de Winter, Private Detective!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I ran across this thread offering the sale of a Name Change deed.
(http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7766)

Intresting I thought, I decided to place a bid. After the first 1 or 2 cycles of bid/outbid I inquired about a buyout, and the origins of the deed. Young Deus explained to me that it had been achieved by redeeming trophy points. I checked the Trophy-Point menu, indeed, they are offered but at a hefty price. There is no way that this fellow could have earned that many trophies since be began playing here? I checked his forum history to be sure, yes it was clear, he either purchased a SIGNIFICANT dollar amount of trophies, or he stumbled onto it for free. The amount he was willing to sell for did not seem reasonable compared to the cost in trophies he "supposedly" spent on obtaining it. Something was fishy....

I agreed to purchase the deed, (legitimately mind you, from his vendor even), but I needed more assurance that this sale was not going to go sour. I made my way to his vendor house and set up camp hoping to overhear his plan if this were a scam.

While I wait, I contacted brittanias most esteemed appraiser of rare and prolific goods. I was informed in return that such deeds are given to players with foul names (see:Guild FaceRAPE), and these types were NOT redeemable by anyone but the bad-named offender. Knowind FERRARI-F-FIFTY was a member of -F-, I used my better judgement. Clearly the deed was a dud.

I managed to locate the location of the deed, in fact the offender took me there himself, but I held off on the purchase, instead I left to return at a safer time. At this point I was awe-struck, why would such an upstanding citizen of brittania attempt to scam me?? Did I do something to make the mighty mYm (formerly: -F-) guild upset? Surely not, but I couldnt prove it. I sat and waiting a bit more, if this was a scam, mabye I could steal the deed first, attempt to use it, and if it was credible, I would pay at a later date. Certainly fair.

As I waited, I checked the deed with my trusty cursor, it had changed! The gods must have got wind of this earthly dupe and made a correction to the object. It was now called "Generic". Surely this will not fetch 300,000gp at auction?

I breathed a sigh of relief, I was not scammed, I had triumphed over evil. I figure the newly labeled "generic" deed could fetch a few gold from the vendors, so I stick around a bit more. Deus and his several friends (likely alternates) gate in and out feverishly.

Finally he walkes through his doorway, I see the deed stir around in the vendors purse. I slightly slide my agile hands into his pockets, I grab hold of the fine printed parchment and begin my recall spell chant! I am met with "Thou cannot steal that"! The deed was newbiefied! Rats! I target my rune and retire for the evening.

Deus was angery that I foiled his plan, he accused me of evading thieves honor! I did no such thing, it was self defense! In any case, I am sure his "generic" deed will likely disapear anyway.

I am left with this amazing IRC quote, which is now my signature, I feel I have earned it.

EDIT: I am sure he will go back and edit it, so I posted this quote here from the auction thread for all of history to see. Quitting is certainly a trend with some of these fellows. I did not actually steal anything, the deed was newbiefied. One lie on top of another, for shame Deus! for shame!
Deus Atamada wrote:matron stole it from my red char, im quiting.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Matron de Winter, Private Detective!

Post by Safir »

So did u steal it or did u call a GM to verify the origins of the deed and have them correct the deed which was mislabeled? Or both?

Pro

Post by Pro »

don't blame the whole guild it's not our fault what one member does.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Markmosthandsome wrote:don't blame the whole guild it's not our fault what one member does.
Agreed, my deepest apologies, Markmosthandsome is actually a pretty stand-up guy, as well as Chad-, and I think HI IM MIKE is pretty hilarious.

Deus Atamada

Post by Deus Atamada »

Keep things civil, Trash talk is for the trash talk forums - Wise
This town needs a new class of criminals, and im going to give it to them.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Deus Atamada wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:
Markmosthandsome wrote:don't blame the whole guild it's not our fault what one member does.
Agreed, my deepest apologies, Markmosthandsome is actually a pretty stand-up guy, as well as Chad-, and I think HI IM MIKE is pretty hilarious.

Matron sucks cock for ncds. U herd it first here.
Classy, I don't even know what an NCD is.

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

Name Change Deed. Deus is a real winner.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Good work, Citizen!
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

dues, this is your only warning, next scam attempt i will not wait to see how it turns out and you will lose your access to the trade forum.
This seems an appropriate place to post this as hoepfully many other potential players in your position will read this.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If your intrested to know what young Deus has been up to since this failed plot, please check the following thread,

Matron de Winter, Private Detective Part 2! Deuses Revenge!