Tracking ghosts

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Alex the Artist

Tracking ghosts

Post by Alex the Artist »

I remember being able to track ghosts. Am I crazy, or is that out of era, or what? Anyone remember/know?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tracking ghosts

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You can, start tracking a live person and then kill them. This is how it worked during t2a.

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

Ya, I know that's how it works here. But I remember checking for ghost spies with tracking as well.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

no way..

also,

i think it is weird that you can track the ghost after the guy dies also. this is probably wrong.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

I believe if you GM spirit speak you should not only see ghosts and hear ghosts even when they are not in war mode but if you have a tracking skill Gmed as well you should be able to make a Ghost hunter template that can track down ghosts. That would be awesome!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

ArchaicSubrosa wrote:I believe if you GM spirit speak you should not only see ghosts and hear ghosts even when they are not in war mode but if you have a tracking skill Gmed as well you should be able to make a Ghost hunter template that can track down ghosts. That would be awesome!
Spirit Speak was purely created (at the time) to communicate with ghosts instead of hearing "Oooooo OOoo" - Later on with the addition of Necromancy GM Mediums could see all ghosts I believe.

Tracking should only track ghosts of the player you killed (as stated previously) I remember doing this pre-T2A and quite possible as late as mid UOR, one of my guys has 79.9 detect and 20.1 tracking (which was enough tracking to never fail, but had a short range, mostly used for catching hiders/invis'd)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins