NPC: Spawning Types Various Locations: Request & Observation

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
pm_lamont

NPC: Spawning Types Various Locations: Request & Observation

Post by pm_lamont »

I have observed a difference in the game from t2a which my be said to be minor. However; it is a fun part of the game for me, and several others. Npc warriors, sailors, paladins and archery units barely exist in the world. For instance, there were about Six of paladins in Delucia at the fort that is nestled in the mountain rock (north side). I used to hire a couple to help hunt. Here, there are a bunch beggars in the town and fort is completely empty. On the docks of most cities were Three or Four sailors and a few fisherman. You can even see this in the demo. Here, there are beggars with the fisherman. In Jhelom, which is a city for soldiers of fortune even in the description...its full of beggars, especially the Inn. There are about Ten beggars there. The pit has a few mages and bards and occasionally a fighter. I don't remember the archery mercs being so weak and called bards. There were bards, but there was, I believe, another archery unit Npc for hire that didn't only have 20 HP. There were several of these available in Skara brae...I can't remember if they were called rangers or archers, but im reasonably certain they were called rangers...They weren't as strong as fighters, but they werent 20 stone weaklings either. They spawned in town in the rangers guild, and in the rangers guild outside the town. The huts there had gypsies in them as well(minor detail). Almost every city had Fighters for hire somewhere, usually in the fighters guilds, but here, everywhere I go where I remembered to hire fighters and rangers, there are only beggars and guards. Please fix this very fun part of the game. It's one of the more fun things you can do by yourself PvMing as a swordsman or archer.

Bakishwaka

Re: NPC: Spawning Types Various Locations: Request & Observation

Post by Bakishwaka »

made not enough mercs were finding work so they all became beggars

... finanical crisis and all

DoRk

Post by DoRk »

I also think that brigands could spawn with ranged weapons.

Xenome

Post by Xenome »

I can second just about everything mentioned here. Skara Brae rangers outside of town used to be an excellent source for arrows! Likewise, it was a lively area on both Chessy and Pacific, pk'rs were common there.

I remember there being fighters all over too. I remember seeing them at inns sometimes and randomly walking around towns.

I don't know if it is going on here or not, but the barrels used to spawn whips, regular and studded armor pieces, occasionally an arrow or something. The chests used to be locked, sometimes trapped, and contained the same assortment.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks, this has been a little neglected. We'll be working on this, some have already been added.
Note that rangers are currently spawining only with longswords which I think needs to be fixed. Looking into it

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Derrick wrote:Thanks, this has been a little neglected. We'll be working on this, some have already been added.
Note that wangers are currently spawining only with longsowrds which I think needs to be fixed. Looking into it
Quoted for posterity.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

yew wasically wabbit

zing

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

yeah damned wangers!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

wanger wrote:Quoted for posterity.
:P
Thanks, corrected

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

hee hee heeeeeee

wanger

pm_lamont

Post by pm_lamont »

I already see rangers in Jhelom!!! I am contented beyond words! One of my(and others) favorite things to do in game is now available again! Even while fixing larger areas of the game, I am flattered that you would take the time to add this part back in! Thank you so much for working on this this!!!