Poison...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Poison...

Post by Kraarug »

Okay, I'm looking back on the use of poison and I specifically remember poisoning myself with lessor poison when fighting someone with poisoned blades to counteract someone their DP blades. When fighting someone, if I became poisioned, i would cure it through potion and then drink a lessor poison.

If I remember correctly, if poisoned you coudn't be repoisoned and so, if you were just mildly ill that DP blade that was whacking on you became much less dangerous.

Also, I seem to remember healing through the poison.

For those that played during this time... is this how you remember it?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Poison...

Post by Kraarug »

Well, wouldn't you know... I was right about the lessor poison thing...

http://web.archive.org/web/200003011823 ... atics.com/

Now to look into healing through poison and the ability to only poison one handed peircing weapons in T2A. ..

Faust

Post by Faust »

This was fixed and patched in February '99.
Colored ore, granting karma, and combat changes Feb 2 1999 10:57AM wrote: - You can no longer avoid a deadlier poison by taking a milder one, and getting hit by deadlier poison when already affected by a milder one will supercede the weaker poison.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

http://web.archive.org/web/200003011823 ... atics.com/
Just as above, curing yourself takes 18 seconds, while curing another takes only 6 seconds.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:This was fixed and patched in February '99.
Colored ore, granting karma, and combat changes Feb 2 1999 10:57AM wrote: - You can no longer avoid a deadlier poison by taking a milder one, and getting hit by deadlier poison when already affected by a milder one will supercede the weaker poison.
I don't see that in our wiki, may I ask your source?

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... 02/02/1999

Faust

Post by Faust »

I used our Wiki site. If you go to the main page of the Wiki site there are two listed patch notes on the front page. The first one breaks it down individually and the second one breaks them down by showing each year '97, '98, '99, and '00. I never use the first set of patch notes, because it's more difficult to look through them all by searching. Go to the second list and do a search for one of the key phrases in the year of '99 and you will see it.

What exactly do you mean healing through poison? Are you talking about healing bandages or casting the heal spell through poison? If you're talking about casting that and the poisoning one handed blade weapons was patch in the UOR publish. You will have to head to update.uo.com and find the UOR publish around the date of April 28th, 2000. The poisoning bladed weapons has already been answered on these forums several times though.

Also, curing yourself here with bandages is 18 seconds long and curing others is 6 seconds long.

PS
I would simply post the patch notes, but I'm unable to here at work. The Wiki site is blocked by my government agency's firewall.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:I used our Wiki site. If you go to the main page of the Wiki site there are two listed patch notes on the front page. The first one breaks it down individually and the second one breaks them down by showing each year '97, '98, '99, and '00. I never use the first set of patch notes, because it's more difficult to look through them all by searching. Go to the second list and do a search for one of the key phrases in the year of '99 and you will see it.

What exactly do you mean healing through poison? Are you talking about healing bandages or casting the heal spell through poison? If you're talking about casting that and the poisoning one handed blade weapons was patch in the UOR publish. You will have to head to update.uo.com and find the UOR publish around the date of April 28th, 2000. The poisoning bladed weapons has already been answered on these forums several times though.

Also, curing yourself here with bandages is 18 seconds long and curing others is 6 seconds long.

PS
I would simply post the patch notes, but I'm unable to here at work. The Wiki site is blocked by my government agency's firewall.

Please use your method to check your quote. I do not think you will find it in the patch you quoted.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The note about lesser poisons not circumventing stronger poisons is part of the February 24th, 1999 patch notes in the bottom section.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Faust

Post by Faust »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes

I mistakenly copied and pasted the previous patch date in my above post.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Cortez wrote: For those that played during this time... is this how you remember it?
nope, not at all.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

ClowN wrote:
Cortez wrote: For those that played during this time... is this how you remember it?
nope, not at all.
Must have been before you time. It was clearly a tactic to take a lessor poison to avoid a DP because, as Faust pointed out, there was a patch to fix it.

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

I definitely remember this...

As quoted from the T2A strategy guide published by Prima in conjunction w/ Origin..

"However, it is an oddity of the game that a character who's been poisoned cannot be poisoned again until the original poison wears off, even if the second poison is stronger. Therefore, some hardcore PvPers have taken to quaffing a minor poison potion early in combat, to pull the teeth of enemy Energy Vortexes. This can lead to the rather ludicrous spectacle of a player poisoning himself before battle, then immediately being cured by his enemy."

No matter how fucked...it is era accurate.

[23:25] <chainsoar> some rat f#&* on foot just killed me with a single ebolt

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I loved this old feature...

However, the patch that fixed this is well before our cut off date for this shard.

shibbydooda

Post by shibbydooda »

yes you could heal through poison if you started the heal before becoming poisoned..