Crafters Quest [Event Idea]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Crafters Quest [Event Idea]

Post by Wise »

I would like to start by saying that this is an idea for an event proposal, I would like your feedback on the idea as a whole.

What is it?: The Crafters Quest is a "quest" of sorts for the crafting type player, There would be a NPC who would be the "quest master" once a day at a randomly schedualed time the NPC would update his quest logs with an new quest, the first player to successfully complete the quest receives *Loot and the quest logs reset for the next day, if the quest has already been completed the NPC would give a message such as "Sorry Wise has already brought be the wares I requested, I will require more goods tomorow please come back then"

Right, okay but what kind of quests?: Basically they would all be Crafting or related style quests (still brainstorming ideas & ideas are more then welcome ^_^ ) ie: Bring me 10 exceptional Platemale gorgets or Bring me 15 large crates with a key, or bring me 25 magic fish (you get the general idea)

Sounds interesting enough but what do you mean by loots?: This would be either Gold or a combination of Gold & gems, schools, ingots etc crafting related loot, if there is a overwhelming demand or positive responce perhaps even unique colored cloth and ingots (not trammy hues just not typical)

How would this be maintained?: A NPC like this could be maintained by GM's or Even a Guild could keep the NPC stocked with loot

While this idea is not exactly "era accurate" it is MUCH more Era accurate then the current pvp events such as CTF, 1v1 & 2v2s which occure on a daily basis, just looking for some ideas for the non PvPer :)

Thanks

-Wise
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Derrick

Re: Crafters Quest [Event Idea]

Post by Derrick »

I very much like the idea of events that can be guild or regionally sponsored, and that do not focus heavily on combat, as so many others do. I'm looking forward to more feedback and refinement of this concept. Thanks Wise :)

Pro

Post by Pro »

Tbh i think it's too simple something a bit more inventive would be needed to keep interest ;[

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

non gm crafters would still need to be able to take part
could help collect materials or somthing
might be good to have teams just like the ctf's
whichever team supplies their guy the fastest with required items wins
how would a guild/ etc be able to maintain a quest guy like that?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

BlackFoot wrote:non gm crafters would still need to be able to take part
could help collect materials or somthing
might be good to have teams just like the ctf's
whichever team supplies their guy the fastest with required items wins
how would a guild/ etc be able to maintain a quest guy like that?
You speak of these "non GM" crafter's. I thought those were just a legend. Do they truly exist?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

I agree, the Non GM crafters would need to be able to participate while not being able to just "purchace" items from the NPC to complete the quest its self, also perhaps indeed the crafting is to easy, but I am open to suggestions as per what could be done to make it more challengeing for players who have no fighting skills

I like the idea of teams, but this wouldent be set up like a CTF or 1v1 with warnings and gates, it would simply be a NPC with a random time for a "quest" or Merchant request, perhaps even a "ARM BRITIANIA" quest where as Lord British requests GM made suits of armour, weapons, and everything else of the sort for a 2 or 3 day long period and a reward could be givin out via % of items you helped contribute

it would be followed by a mass assult on britiania where the crafted goods would be given out to the defenders of the town,

but thats more elaborate then I invision for the NPC Crafting Quests
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events